Search billions of records on

Lane-Blood Genealogy
You are here:  Home  >  MN newspaper articles  >  transcription

Newspaper Articles
from Worthington Advance
 February, 1910

Use the EDIT > FIND function on your browser to search this page.
To search the rest of this site, go to the HOME page (link above)
and use the "Search this site" box.

Friday, February 4, 1910


David Fauskee and Effie Erwin join in wedlock Wednesday evening at 7 o'clock at the home of the bride's parents, Mr. and Mrs. C.C. Erwin, Rev. Ralph Carleton of the Methodist church officiating.

Miss Mable Edstrom was the bridesmaid and Henry Fauskee, accompanied his brother, David in the ceremony, which was performed in the presence of about sixty invited guests.

The young couple will make their home in this city, he being employed as plumber for J.S. Frink.

Real Estate Transfers

(Jan. 18 to Feb. 2nd)

W.R. Mansel to Michael Fixmer, lts 8 and 9, n. 26 ft. of lot 10, blk 7, Adrian; $1.00.

S.J. McKenzie to Edw. Finnigan, nw 5-103-43; $8500.00.

Laucens Kreun to F.A. Haselman, blk Q, Lismore; $1500.00.

Hans Lavesson to Jas. Midboe, lt 1, blk 2, Faragher's add. Adrian; $75.00.

J.P. Vail to Fred Rose, lt 3, blk 34, Worthington; $150.00.

John DeBos to W.H. Heitritter, lts 17, 18, 19, 20, Bigelow; $950.00.

O.H. Tilman to A.J. Olund, lts 24, 25, blk 7, Wilmont; $2300.00.

Luther A. Salstrom to Eva A. Reese, lts 11, 12, 13, blk 18, 1st ry. add., Wilmont; $300.00.

Local Intelligence

George Olund made a business trip to Bigelow Wednesday.

Joe Miller of Waseca, this state, is visiting his brother, George.

Dr. F.M. Manson was called to Brewster on professional business.

In remitting for delinquent taxes 30c must be added for publication and clerk of court fees.

The W.C.T.U. will meet next Friday with Mrs. Weidow at three o'clock in the afternoon.

Joe Masgai came over from Adrian Tuesday afternoon for a few days visit with his brother, John.

Mrs. W.S. Wyatt and Mrs. C.L. Newman were guests of friends and relatives at Sioux City on Saturday.

Miss Ellen Langseth, who has been visiting for two weeks with her sisters at Rushmore returned home Saturday.

W.D. Matthews of Doon, Iowa, arrived Wednesday for a few days visit with his daughter, Mrs. George Miller.

Messrs. W.E. Oliver, Wm. Malcolm and John Humiston attended a stock sale at Mason City, Iowa on Wednesday.

Nels N. Nelson has purchased a bowling alley outfit of Mr. Olen of Adrian and may open an alley in the Davis building in Worthington.

Mrs. James Young and son, Glen of Estherville, Iowa, visited from Saturday until Wednesday with her brother, Lee Triplett in this city.

A.F. Eshelman left Tuesday for Cherokee, Iowa, where he expects to spend about two weeks visiting his mother and brothers and sisters.

Mrs. Wey, formerly empoyed at the Nels N. Nelson restaurant, who has been visiting at Magnolia for several days, returned to Worthington on Wednesday.

Henry Boetcher went to Morton, this state, Monday having been called there to the bedside of his brother, E.W. Boetcher, who has been sick for nearly eight weeks.

Mr. and Mrs. Henry Lutterman went to Bigelow Tuesday for a visit with relatives for a short time, when they will go on to Sibley and Little Rock for a visit with relatives at those places.

E.H. Canfield of Luverne was transacting business in Worthington on Monday. He was accompanied here by his wife, who visited until Tuesday afternoon with her son, A.L. Canfield.

Messrs. Richard Sell, Henry Hennecke and Otto A. Zackman were over from Adrian Wednesday inspecting several makes of automobiles, handled by local dealers. All of them are expecting to be in the market for one this coming spring.

Mrs. Holms of Brewster was called to this city Tuesday to the bedside of her daughter, Mrs. W.C. Erwin, who is quite sick as the result of an accident some weeks ago. While getting a pail of water, she slipped and fell, striking her side on the edge of the well platform. At present she is emproving.

Wm. DeVaney returned Tuesday from Los Angeles, Cal., where he has been for the past several weeks, having been called there on account of the serious illness of his wife's mother, Mrs. J.P. Biltgen. Mrs. DeVaney, who accompanied him there, will remain in California indefinitely, as her mother has not improved much in health.

Mr. and Mrs. Edwin Buchan, who were in Worthington to attend the funeral of his brother, Andrew Buchan on Monday afternoon, returned Tuesday to their home at Racine, Wis. Rev. Wm. Jennings of the Presbyterian church conducted the funeral. Mrs. W.H. Buchan and son, Chester, arrived Sunday afternoon from Custer, Wash., to attend the funeral and will remain in Washington until after the close of school, when they too will come east.

George Bauer was a business visitor to the county seat on Monday.

Miss Bess Loveless visited with friends at Sioux Falls Friday.

O.H. Colts of Balaton, Minn., is visiting with his sister, Mrs. W.G. Myers.

Editor Mattison of Rushmore was a business visitor to this city on Saturday.

John Ronan was visiting with relatives at Hawarden, Iowa, from Saturday until Tuesday.

Mrs. G.A. Roberts went to Sioux City on Saturday for a visit with her parents for a few days.

Miss Amy Forbes, who is teaching at Woodstock, came home Saturday and visited here until Monday.

Miss Mary Wood arrived Saturday from Mankato, for a visit with her cousin, Mrs. John Humiston.

M.E. Lawton returned Saturday from Jackson, where he had been transacting business for several days.

Louis Vogel, who is employed as farm hand for Peter Hawkins, went to Fulda Monday on a business trip.

Mrs. Anna Davis was called to Adrian Monday on business relating to the sale of some property at that place.

Robert Erickson returned Saturday from Windom, where he had been transacting business for a couple of days.

Mrs. S. Lindquist returned from a visit of nearly five months with friends and relatives at St. Paul and Minneapolis.

Miss Rosetta McNerney came up from Sibley Friday and visited until Monday at the home of Miss Nina Norris.

Miss Bertha Blood, nurse at the Worthington hospital, was called to Brewster on Saturday to attend a patient at that place.

C. Hartwig came down from Kinbrae Saturday to spend Sunday with friends in this city. He formerly resided in Worthington.

Mrs. H. Howard returned Saturday to his home at Sac City, Iowa, after visiting for nearly five weeks at the home of her niece, Mrs. C.J. McCaskie.

J. Mercer of Round Lake was in this city Monday on his way to Nashua, this state, where he will over several farms with the intention of locating there.

Wm. Nebendahl of Elbron, Iowa, who has been visiting for several days at the home of his son, Louis Nebendahl near this city, returned home Saturday afternoon.

Miss Bertha Thompson, who has been employed for some months at the Western hotel, on Monday left for Minneapolis, where she has secured employment.

H.E. Allen, left Saturday for Minneapolis, after spending several weeks with his father, Sam Allen in this city. He has a position with a wholesale house in that city.

Mrs. E.R. Muck went to Alton, Iowa, on Saturday for a visit with her daughter, Mrs. A.G. Hancock. From there she will go to Sioux City for a visit with another daughter, Mrs. Harry Sage.

Miss Lena Weaver of Harris, Iowa, arrived in this city Monday to accept a position as clerk in Hart's store. She was accompanied here by her sister, Miss Mable, who returned home the following day.

A.H. Daugherty of Rushmore visited from Friday until Monday at the home of his grand-parents, Mr. and Mrs. Wilson Ager in this city. He was accompanied home by his grand-mother, who will spend several days there.

John Kiehl, who has been employed as engineer of the electric light plant for the past year, severed his connection here on Saturday and returned to his home at Luverne. This position will be occupied by Mr. Irwin, heretofore lineman.

Mrs. N.E. Marr of Adrian and son, Orvis, and her father, J.P. Campbell of Ellsworth, stopped off here between trains Saturday with Mrs. Marr's cousin, Mr. L.W. Abbott. They were on their way to Rochester, where _______ will undergo an operation for a rupture.

Benns Chaddock, at one time employed in Nels N. Nelson's restaurant but now proprietor of the Magnolia hotel was in Worthington Monday between trains. His sister, Miss Lula, arrived that afternoon from St. James, and accompanied him to Magnolia, where she will assist in the hotel.

Mrs. E. West and Mrs. M. Thompson of Rushmore were doing some trading in this city on Monday.

Miss Mary Gerdes, who for the past three years, has been employed as cook at the Steffens restaurant, is spending a two weeks vacation at her home in Fulda.

P. Friglein came down from Heron Lake Tuesday and visited until the following day with his sister, Mrs. A.C. Cramblit.

Daniel Shell returned Tuesday from St. Paul, where he had been on business.

Miss Anna J. Hawk, a trained nurse of Chicago, arrived a few days ago, and is now assisting at the hospital.

Al Daugherty of Rushmore was a business visitor to this city Wednesday.

Mrs. H.W. Steffens returned Monday from a week's visit with relatives at Red Wing, Wabasha and the twin cities.

J.W. Burkhart and Joseph Taylor of Reading returned this week from their claims in Wyoming.

Mrs. M.L. Holbrook entertained the Birthday club Tuesday afternoon at her home at a valentine party.

John Seenstra and son, Garrett, of Edgerton, were in Worthington a couple of days the fore part of the week.

Mrs. W.P. [N.P.?] Nelson of Minneapolis, has been visiting for the past week at the __ Allen and Sam Ro_e homes in this city, departed Tuesday for LaCrosse, Wis., where she will visit for a short time with relatives before returning to her home.

Mrs. Frank Hintgen, who for the past week has been the guest of her brother, A.C. Dickens and family in this city, left Tuesday morning for her home at St. James.

Maxine, the two year old daughter of Mr. and Mrs. A.C. Dickens has been quite seriously ill for the past two weeks, but is slowly improving.

J.T. Huffman of Iona was in Worthington Tuesday looking at some Patterson & Erickson's Percheron horses with the intention of purchasing one or more of them.

Misses Florence Mackintosh and Bernice Weidman left Monday morning for Sioux City, where they will enter Morningside college. they each intend to take a course in vocal and instrumental music.

Mrs. Carrie Olson and son, Carrol, came up from Marshalltown, Iowa, on Monday and will remain indefinitely with her sister-in-law, Mrs. M.L. Holbrook. Mr. Olson was accidentally killed in Chicago last fall by a switch engine, he being switchman.

Friday, February 11, 1910

Promising Career of Young Man Cut Short by Tuberculosis

Fred E. Post, who died Tuesday of last week in Bloom township, was born in Shabbona, DeKalb county, Ill., July 9th, 1883. He was 26 years, 6 months and 20 days old at the time of his death, and was making his home with his parents, Mr. and Mrs. E. Post.

Mr. Post had been sick for nearly two and a half years, first with typhoid fever and later with tuberculosis of the glands of the throat, which was the immediate cause of his death.

He came to Nobles county 11 years ago from Illinois with his parents.

As a young man he was a bright, clean, honorable, upright citizen, highly esteemed by all who knew him. all that love and sacrifice could do to prolong his life and make his illness as bearable as possible was done for him by those who loved him.

He is survived by his parents, a brother, and sister, and other relatives. The sympathy of the whole community is extended to all who are touched by this great bereavement.

The funeral was held in the Presbyterian church of Reading, conducted by Dr. L.L. Sowles, of Worthington, and interment made in the Reading cemetery.


Mr. and Mrs. E.A. Post and family take this means to express their heartfelt thanks to those who so kindly assisted to make the declining days of their son and brother as pleasant as possible, and are also grateful to those assisting at the funeral, and those who gave floral offerings.

Local News

K. Heidelberg, of Rushmore, was a business visitor to this city Tuesday.

Arthur Lyon left Tuesday for Vale, Oregon, and vicinity to look over the country in the coast region. It is in this section of Oregon where S.M. Stewart of this city has large land interests.

The tile factory has a night crew of three men employed this week to supply the demand for 2000 14 inch tile. The day crew numbers from 12 to 14 men.

Rev. G.B. Wilder will give a sermon-lecture in the Congregational church, Thursday evening, Feb. 17. Subject: "The Knighthood of Jesus." No admission fee; a silver offering will be taken.

Robert Smith left Tuesday to attend the Chicago auto show, which is being held there this week. The Smith Implement company intend to put in a sample line of E.M.F. and White Steamer automobiles by May 1, in addition to those which they already have. Watch for future announcements.

Mrs. James Thompson, representing the Children's Home Society of Minnesota was in the city on her annual visit in the interest of that organization. She was a guest of Mr. and Mrs. Daniel Shell and left for Minneapolis on Wednesday. The work of the past year was highly satisfactory and a great many children were placed in good homes in here Minnesota. She brought down with her a little girl for a home near here.

Wm. Eckstrom, who for the past two years has been employed as druggist in R.L. Morland's drug store, left Friday for St. Peter, where he will visit for a short time with his parents. From there he will go to Minneapolis, where he has secured a position as pharmacist, having passed with credit the examination in pharmacy held in St. Paul several weeks ago. It is a significant fact that out of over sixty applicants, less than 25 per cent were successful in passing the examination.

State Military Storekeeper Inspects the Ordnance Supplies Only

Col. W.H. Hatcher, of St. Paul, state military storekeeper, visited the city on Tuesday to inspect and invoice the quartermaster and ordnance supplies of Company F, M.N.G. He stated that he was almost through with his inspections and that so far all the companies' supplies had been found in good condition. He also complimented this city and especially Company f for having secured such a fine armory this year, being one of only three companied that were fortunate in this respect this year. The other lucky companies were those of Thief River Falls and Hibbing, the iron range country. Col. Hatcher says that the enlistment in Company F was somewhat larger than is usual in a town of this size.

The regular annual drill inspection will be held April 21, at the armory, by Col. Wm. Gerlach, retired United States army officer, detailed by the War department to make the inspection of the companies this year.


Rev. Ralph Carleton will speak at the M.E. church Sunday evening on the subject, "Profit and Loss." The large chorus choir under the management of the new choirmaster will furnish music. A welcome is extended all.

Local Intelligence

A.J. Olund, of Wilmont, transacted business in this city Wednesday.

Joseph Pass, who is employed at the State bank visited with relatives at Wilmont from Saturday until Monday.

Miss Blanche Carr is now employed as a clerk in W.W. Loveless' grocery store.

Rob. Ahlstrom, of Lansing, Iowa, who has been the guest of relatives in this vicinity for nearly two weeks, departed Monday for his home.

S.P. Steffens, of Bingham Lake, was calling on L.H. Sorem in this city on Monday.

Born -- To Mr. and Mrs. John Apel, last Thursday, Feb. 3, a boy.

Mrs. George Hoffman, of New Richland, Minn., is visiting this week with her sister, Mrs. C.P. Dolan.

Robert J. Wylie returned Friday to his home, at Bridgewater, Iowa, after a two weeks' visit at the Wm. Hastings home and with other relatives in this vicinity.

Mr. and Mrs. John Rathlisberger, of Iona, visited from Saturday until Tuesday at the home of his parents, Mr. and Mrs. Sam Rathlisberger, in this city.

O.H. Goltz, of Balaton, this state, who was spending the past ten days at the home of his sister, Mrs. W.G. Myers, left Tuesday for his home.

Mrs. N.R. Eggleston enjoyed a visit from her mother, Mrs. L. Larson, of Storden, Minn., from Friday until Tuesday.

If you are interested in a Farmers Elevator, Lumber and Coal business in Worthington, it will pay you to correspond with E.A. Tripp.

Miss Florence Mackintosh, who is taking a course in music at the Morningside college in Sioux City, visited home from Saturday until Tuesday, when she returned to resume her duties in the college.

Mrs. Slade is this week teaching English in the high school in place of Miss Mary Cruikshank, who is in Boone, Iowa, where she went to consult her brother professionally, who is a physician at that place. She will be unable to resume her duties in the schools before next Monday.

Dr. G.A. Cahoon, Lloyd Helmick, and Mrs. Elon Williamson, went to Mankato Wednesday as delegates from the Epworth League of the M.E. church, to attend a joint cabinet meeting of the Marshall and Mankato districts of the Epworth League, which was held there afternoon and evening.

Miss Lilly Paul, who has been visiting with Mr. and Mrs. Chas. Martin, seven miles north of Worthington, for nearly five weeks, departed Monday in company with her mother, Mrs. L.E. Paul, for Hartley, Iowa, where they will visit relatives for a short time before returning to their home at Laurel, Iowa. The latter came to Worthington Saturday.

Delta Songers, the ten-year-old son of Mrs. Songers, who resides in the second-story of The Advance-Herald building met with a painful accident Thursday evening of last week. While hauling a large cake of ice on a hand sled, he slipped and fell, the load passing over his left shoulder breaking the child's collar bone. He now carries his right arm in a sling and it will be several weeks before he will be able to use the affected member, or attend school.

Mr. and Mrs. G.R. Lawerence [Lawrence?] went to the Twin Cities on Monday where they will visit relatives and friends for a short time.

Edwin Clauson of Bigelow, secured a license secured a license this week to wed Miss Ida Anderson of that village.

A.E. Hart left Monday morning for St. Louis, where he will purchase additional stock for his store. Watch for future announcements in this paper.

Dr. G.R. Curran, of Mankato, was called to Worthington Monday on professional business. He returned home the following day.

Miss Freda Meyer, a graduate nurse, arrived Monday from Mankato to assist in the Worthington hospital.

L.A. Gregory, the Adrian band leader, was in Worthington on Monday on business. From here he went to Sibley, Iowa, Tuesday.

George Hagan, who for the past two weeks, has been visiting his sister, Mrs. Herbert Moyer, left Monday for his home at VanHarne [Van Horne], Iowa.

Mr. and Mrs. John McDowell arrived Sunday from Minneapolis for a few days' visit at the home of her sister, Mrs. David Bear.

Mrs. Frank Miller came down from Lakefield on Tuesday for a visit with her sister, Mrs. A.J. Fauskee. On Wednesday they left together for Mankato, where they will have their eyes examined by a specialist.

Carl Anderson and August Anderson returned Monday to their homes at Valley Springs, S.D., after visiting since Wednesday at the home of the former's brother, John Anderson, whose wife is a sister of August Anderson.

About fifteen gathered at the home of Mrs. N. Klaras on Tuesday of this week and celebrated her birthday. They presented her with many beautiful pieces of fancy chine. All those present report a very delightful time.

Mrs. Chas. Wass returned Monday to her home at LeMars, Iowa, after a week's visit with her parents, Mr. and Mrs. Irvin Richards. She was accompanied home by her brother, Earl Richards, who will spend a week in LeMars.

J.H. Anglum, of Creston, Iowa, was looking after farm interests in this vicinity Monday.

Messrs. John and Tom Shore were in Worthington Monday on business. The former marketed a quantity of clover seed in this city to G.W. Patterson. Mr. Shore has made a specialty of raising clover and is the only one in his vicinity, who has raised much of this product.

Messrs. E.K. Smith, J.S. Kies, B.S. Uden, Ed Ulrich, Harry Tripp, Emil Lucke, of this city, George Bulick and Mr. Barnum of Reading, O.D. Bryan of Ellsworth, and Fred Hegardt of Round Lake, were among those who attended the organization of I.O.O.F. lodge at Reading. The Grand Secretary A. Bolton of St. Paul and deputy grand master, Mr. Annis of Windom, were present and seven candidates were initiated into the lodge and given three degrees, which were conferred by the Adrian drill team.

Monday evening the Yeomen lodge initiated a class of ten members, viz: George Goodell, Dr. J.T. Smallwood, Mr. and Mrs. Christ Hoffmeister, Mrs. Fred Darling, Ole Carlson, Hans P. Larson, Mrs. George Kinsman, Oscar Kunzman, Miss Freda Kasten. A bountiful supper was served after the initiation. On February 21 the lodge will hold a celebration of their thirteenth anniversary, at which time they hope to have a number of the castle officers with them. This meeting will be open to all interested in the lodge.

Born -- Monday, Feb. 7, a girl to Mr. and Mrs. J.O. Wilson, of Brewster.

Miss Grace O'Day, of Adrian, spent Sunday at the home of Mrs. N. Klaras.

Mrs. N. Klaras and children were the guests of her mother at Adrian on Sunday.

Mrs. Anna Davis returned Tuesday from Adrian, where she had been looking after property interests.

Mrs. George Slade, of Adrian, was transacting business in Worthington Tuesday between trains.

Miss Claribel Palmer came down from Devils' Lake, N.D., on Tuesday for a visit at the J.H. Ludlow home.

Mesdames J.A. and A.P. Dahlberg, of Rushmore, were in this city on Tuesday between trains.

Miss Marie Shaffer, of Adrian, attended the dance at the armory on Monday evening.

E.J. Helmick, salesman for the National Biscuit company, was unable to go out on the road this week on account of sickness.

Mr. and Mrs. W.H. Hawkins and two children, who have been visiting for two weeks with his parents at Ainsworth, Iowa, returned Monday to their home near Reading.

Supt. Abbott reports that 18 took the state teachers examinations at Ellsworth, 11 at Adrian and 65 at Worthington, which were held Thursday, Friday and Saturday. Among those who examined at the court house Saturday were a number of high school students.

Rushmore Enterprise: Mr. and Mrs. Robert Black went over to Worthington Monday afternoon to see her sister, Mrs. Jas. Baird of Reading, who is confined in a hospital with typhoid fever. Mrs. Baird is making a satisfactory recovery, which her many friends in this part of the county will note with much pleasure.

Rushmore Enterprise: H. Ivers & Son were busy the fore part of this week putting up this year's supply of ice. The ice was shipped from Worthington and this year is of a much better quality than last. The creamery company is also filling its ice house this week with great blocks of congealed water.

Lester Wood, 17 years of age, a student in the Worthington high school, while at his home at Rushmore on Saturday, accidentally severed the third finger of his left hand at the first joint, and badly mangled the little finger, as a result of catching his hand in a feed grinder. The mitten on his hand caught in the cogs of the machine and in order to free himself from the machine, he jerked away and in so doing, tore the first joint of his third finger off. He has not been able to attend school here the fore part of this week.

Grant Morrison, the efficient agent for the Omaha road at this point, is receiving the congratulations of his legion of friends here and up and down the road, to-day, over his having attained the twenty-first anniversary of his service with the Omaha road. Many a one has attained his majority but few, indeed, round out a score of years or more with an employer or one institution. Mr. Morrison came here from Mankato, this state, twenty-one years ago, to act as agent for the Omaha company, and it is a silent yet potential testimonial to his ability, tact and fidelity to duty that he marks to-day twenty-one years of continuous service. Mr. Morrison's wife and young son are spending the winter in Southern California, where the latter's health has been greatly benefited.

Miss Carrie McCune went to Sherburne, Minn., Tuesday, where she has been engaged by the Athletic Club of that village to stage the play, "Esmerelda," there, the latter part of this month. Miss McCune has made a specialty of this kind of work for many years, and has great ability as a dramatic "coach." About four years ago she had occasion to spend the winter in North Carolina, at Ashville, which is in the neighborhood of Bald mountain, and where the scene of the play she is about to stage is supposed to have been. About twenty years ago she presented the same play in Worthington, but at that time she had not the benefit of having familiarized herself with the place and people who figure in the play. The cialect [dialect?] of the play is principally mountaineer. She states that the play has been far more interesting and enjoyable since her visit in the south.

John Maher is reported seriously ill at his home in this city.

The dance held at the armory was quite well attended Monday evening. The St. James orchestra furnished the music.

Richard Hurlbert went to Doon, Iowa, Tuesday for a visit with relatives.

Mr. and Mrs. S.W. Selby arrived Feb. 4, from Kent, Minn. He brought his wife for treatment for appendicitis at the Worthington hospital.

Mr. and Mrs. James Fitzgerald arrived this week from Palermo, Cal., for a visit with his brother, J. Fitzgerald, and family, in this city. They expect to leave in a week for Geneva, N.Y., where they will visit for a time with his sister. He was here last winter for a visit with his brother, which was the first time they had seen each other for twenty-one years. At that time he indicated that he intended to visit his relative at least once a year. They expect another brother, Thomas, to arrive this week from Moorhead, this state, for a short visit.

Supt. E.C. Meredith, of the public schools, and Miss Julia Hyland, teacher in the eighth grade, left Thursday afternoon for Mankato to attend the meetings of the Southern Minnesota Educational association, which are in session Thursday, Friday and Saturday of this week. Mr. Meredith has prepared a paper on "The School, Teacher, and the System," and Miss Hyland the topic, "Improvement of the Language Conditions in the Grammar Grades."

Nineteen were initiated into the I.O.O.F. lodge here on Tuesday evening. Grand Secretary A.L. Bolton, of St. Paul, was present at the initiation. The lodges of this order are competing for two valuable painting, which are offered by the Odd Fellows Review to the lodge outside of the Twin Cities and Duluth, which takes in the largest class of members on their nearest meeting to Feb. 9. The local lodge, therefore, has a good show of winning the premiums.

Friday, February 18, 1910

Succumbs to Tuberculosis After Lingering Illness of Nearly a Year

Mrs. A. Hiller died Monday evening, at 11 o'clock, at her home in this city, of tuberculosis, after a lingering illness of nearly a year. For the past five months she has been confined to her bed, and her death was not unexpected. She was 44 years of age.

The funeral was held Thursday afternoon at 2 o'clock from the Baptist church, the service being conducted by Rev. Alvord. The remains were placed in the Worthington cemetery.

Mrs. Hiller was the mother of six children, four boys and two girls, all of whom survive her together with her husband. The boys are, Albert, 24 years of age, who is working in Chicago; Charles, aged 21, who is in Long Beach, Cal.; Harry, aged 14 years and Donald, aged 11 years, both at home. The two daughters, are Mabel, aged 8 years, who makes her home here and Miss Emma, aged 19 years, who lives in Chicago. The latter has been in Worthington for the past three months, caring for her mother in her declining days. The two daughters and the two youngest sons were home at the time of their mother's death.

Mary Jensen Hiller was born in Denmark, coming to America when about 19 years of age. She was married a short time after at Independence, Iowa, where she resided until last March, when she came to Worthington with her husband and family.

Miss Helen Ludlow and Wm. C. Hansberger, of Baltimore, Ohio, Wed.

Only friends and immediate relatives witnessed the wedding ceremony of Miss Helen Ludlow and Wm. C. Hansberger of Baltimore, Ohio, which was performed Monday evening at 8 o'clock at the home of the bride's parents, Mr. and Mrs. H.J. Ludlow in this city.

Dr. L.L. Sowles, of the Congregational church, conducted the ceremony.

Miss Eva P. Barlow of St. Louis, Mo., a niece of Mr. Ludlow's and Dwight Ludlow, brother of the bride, accompanied the bridal couple. They left Wednesday morning for Baltimore, where they will make their home. He is a merchant in that city.

Local Intelligence

Misses Selma and Thilda Strand went to Luverne Tuesday for a visit with friends for a few days.

George Gersema and Martin Tjepkes of Bigelow were visiting here Tuesday with friends.

Rev. A.H. Utzinger of Mankato was the guest of Rev. G.G. Schmid several days this week.

J.J. Kies returned Saturday from Rockwell City, Iowa, where he had been on business.

Mrs. H.F. Mohrman, of Iona, arrived Monday for a few days visit with her sister, Mrs. George Pfarrer.

Magnolia Advance: Ole Hanson was at Worthington and contracted for ice to fill his ice house.

Gus Johnson of Dundee was visiting friends here several days the fore part of this week.

Ben Boetcher and Mrs. Chas. Guse went to St. Paul Tuesday to visit relatives. They expect to return Sunday.

Misses Anna and Emma Julle of Sanborn, Iowa, arrived Tuesday for a few days visit at the home of Mr. and Mrs. Herman Guse.

Arthur Hildyard went to Mankato Tuesday for a few days visit with his brother, Joseph, who is attending Commercial college.

A.F. Eisele, who disposed of his farm machinery at auction on his farm northwest of Reading, has moved to Worthington. He rented the A.P. Darling cottage on 5th avenue.

Mrs. A.T. Latta went to Rochester Monday to visit her mother, Mrs. B.M. Cutler, who recently underwent an operation at the hospital there. Mrs. Cutler is improving rapidly.

Master Clifford Abbott, son of Mr. and Mrs. Chas. Abbott, celebrated his eleventh birthday Tuesday, by a party from 4 to 6 o'clock in the afternoon. About fifteen of his little friends were present.

Mrs. E.L. Gillette left Tuesday for the Twin Cities to purchase a portion of her spring millinery goods. She expects to go to Chicago, March 1st to procure the remainder of the spring stock.

C.J. Marcue, of LeMars, Iowa, passed through here Tuesday enroute to Brewster to interview Mrs. Jake Doling in regard to a lease of his farm near Sibley.  The latter's husband, who had leased the farm from Mr. Marcue, deserted his wife and family of six children about a month ago. He had his fifteen-year-old son take him to Brewster, where he boarded the train and nothing has been seen of him since. His parting words to his son were, "I am going away and I'll never return." He gave no reason or warning of his departure to anybody further than what he told his son at the depot. The oldest son at home is about eighteen years of age.

W.C. Hulser arrived Monday from St. Paul for a visit with his sister, Mrs. H.G. Hitchcox of Reading.

Miss Eva Cross of Brewster was in Worthington Monday.

H.L. Fagerness was over from Rushmore Monday.

Miss Cora Eide of Rushmore was in the city between trains Monday.

T. Jacobson of Jewell, Iowa, was looking after farm interests in this vicinity the fore part of the week.

Robert Reed went to Adrian Monday to inspect some oil, pursuant to his office as state oil inspector of this county.

Mr. and Mrs. J.S. Frink visited over Sunday with friends at Luverne.

Magnolia Advance: Ole Hanson received two carloads of ice from Worthington that completed the job of filling his ice house.

Miss Addie Rowe of Rushmore was in the city Monday, while on her way to the cities to purchase additional stock for her millinery establishment.

Simon Olson, who has been visiting his daughter, Mrs. Elmer Kysar for a week, returned Monday to his home at St. Peter.

Messrs. Albert Rust of Adrian and Henry Rust of Lismore were in Worthington Monday. They filed application for adjustment of the estate of their father, who died Jan. 28.

Mrs. Effie Dodge returned Monday from the Twin Cities, where she had been to purchase stock for her millinery store at Adrian, and incidentally visited with friends. She returned to Adrian in the afternoon.

Sibley Tribune: Herbert H. Smith has sold the Worthington Advance Herald to Burleigh Milton, of Washington, D.C. The Adrian Democrat says Worthington was too dry and pious for Mr. Smith.

C.F. Pierce, grain buyer for the Skewis Elevator company at Org, was in Worthington Monday. He was returning from Spirit Lake, Iowa, where he visited since Friday with his mother, Mrs. H.E. Pierce.

John Kiehl, formerly engineer at the local electric light station, now of Luverne, was here between trains Monday. He was enroute to St. Paul to accept a position as electrical engineer with the Buckeye Engine company. His principal work is installing machinery.

Ed Murray went to Woodstock Sunday to accompany home his sister-in-law, Miss Amy Forbes, who was taken ill suddenly with pleurisy. She had returned to her school at that place but a couple weeks ago after a short illness.

R.D. Reisdorph of Windom was here Monday looking at some of the thoroughbred Duroc-Jersey hogs owned by W.M. Shanks with the view of purchasing some. Last spring Mr. Reisdorph bought a sow of Mr. Shanks, the offspring of which took first prize at the Windom fair.

Fulda Republican: Dr. John H. Leebeens, of Lismore, is ill with pneumonia at Minneapolis, where he had gone for treatment. George Leebens went up to Minneapolis Monday to help care for him. His mother and sister, who were visiting at Sugar Bush, Wis., were notified of the doctor's illness and are in Minneapolis.

Sibley Gazette: L.A. Gregory, of Worthington, was in the city looking up prospects of arranging a class in music. Mr. Gregory is a band instructor and would like to organize a class in brass and reed instruments. He has had fine training in a conservatory in Utica, N.Y., and has spent three years in a piano factory at Albany, N.Y. Those contemplating taking lessons should see Ben Reagan at once.

Windom Citizen: Miss Elsie Chase, of Worthington, who had an operation performed on her hand, has left the hospital.

Mrs. Peter Peterson visited from Monday until Tuesday with friends at Mountain Lake.

Fred Berg came down Monday from Storden, accompanied by Andrew Anderson for a few days visit with relatives and friends.

F.W. and H. Leistico went to Brewster Monday. They are building a large new livery barn for Ed Olson, which is nearing completion.

Fulda Republican: S.H. McMaster of Kinbrae, was in Fulda. On Feb. 28 Mr. and Mrs. McMaster will celebrate the fiftieth anniversary of their marriage.

Mr. and Mrs. R. Culp, of Paullina, Iowa, who have been visiting for three or four days with their daughters, Mrs. John Kraft and Mrs. J.E. Stonesifer, returned home Monday.

Rev. J.E. Shipp of Swedish Lutheran church, left Monday morning for St. Paul to attend the Minnesota Conference of that denomination. He expects to be absent eight or ten days.

Windom Citizen: Miss Bedena Thompson, daughter of Paul Thompson, who has been working in Worthington for the past four years, was visiting her parents here while on her way to Minneapolis.

St. Peter Herald: Wm. Eckstrom, formerly of Worthington, visited his mother, Mrs. Catherine Eckstrom. He left later for Minneapolis to enter the employ of a drug firm in that city.

Mr. and Mrs. W.T. Hayes and children were called to Mankato Monday on account of the sudden death Sunday of the infant daughter of his brother, J.P. Hayes. The funeral was held Tuesday.

J.F. Ullrich, agent for the Overland automobiles, received a carload of autos Monday. The shipment consisted of one touring car and a run-about of the Overland make and a Richmond tourist for which machine he is also agent. The machines will be on display at A.M. Renner's machine shop.

Frank DeVaney of the Chicago Typographical Union, No. 16, is delegate-elect to the fifty-sixth session of the International Typographical union to be held in Minneapolis, Minn., on Aug. 8th, 1910. The election will be held on May 18th. Mr. DeVaney is a brother of William and James DeVaney, and was at one time editor of the Worthington Globe. He is at present lynotypist for Stromberg, Allen & Co.

It is reported that the man known as "Jack Sears," shot and killed by Tom Mohan at Sioux City the other day, was Wm. Sierks, who formerly lived at Bigelow, where he was a bartender. He has a sister Mrs. P.B. Christensen living at Bigelow, a sister at Round Lake, Mrs. Wm. Radke, and a brother at Primghar.

Beaver Creek Banner: A.P. Rose, of Worthington, and P.D. Moore, of Sioux Falls, are writing a history of Rock and Pipestone counties. They are now at work with this difficult task which will take from fourteen to sixteen months to complete. The history will certainly be of great value to the people and no doubt a large number of them will be sold. These two gentlemen recently published a history of Nobles county, and their work met with such success that they published a history of Jackson county and are now at work in Rock and Pipestone counties.

Real Estate Transfers

(Feb. 1-16)

Luther A. Salstrom to Eva J. Reese, lts 11, 12, 13 blk 18 1st ry add Wilmont; $300.00.

Arnold Tschirgi, etux, Oregon, to T.M. Williams, Cal., sw 30, nw 31-101-43; $24000.00.

Barney Thier to Wm. Werheim, Io., lts 1, 2, blk 8 1st ry add Lismore; $2800.00.

 Robt. Klessig to Ude Habben, Io. se & s of sw 13-103-41; $12240.00.

Geo. Conrad, etux, Ill. to Arend O. Schmidt, s of sw 1-104-40; $3330.00.

John H. Weber to Jerry Weber, sw 10-104-42; $8500.00.

Oscar D. Bryan, etux, Ellsworth, to Matt Bendt, w of nw 18-101-43;$5530.00.

Mathias Wiegel, etux, Ellsworth, to Lena Wilson, lts 2, 3, n 4, blk 13, Ellsworth; $1075.00.

Otto Wellstein, jr., etux, Iowa, lts 3, 4, 5, blk 9, Bigelow; $575.00.

Charley Peterson, etux, to J. Burr Ludlow w of ne 21-102-41.

Local Intelligence

Mrs. Forbes and Mrs. Ed Murray have been quite sick the past week.

Mrs. Kate Kane who was reported seriously ill with pneumonia, is now on the road to recovery.

A bright little girl arrived on February 7 at the home of Mr. and Mrs. Ernest Dewey.

The condition of John Maher is reported to be somewhat improved, although still very grave.

Mrs. W. Jensen, of Round Lake, and Mrs. Nelson, of Brewster, are patients at Worthington hospital.

Mrs. Chas. Marten, of Reading, who was operated upon about ten days ago, returned home Saturday.

Mrs. Orin Williams and children visited with her husband's mother, Mrs. J.B. Williams, at Brewster, Monday.

Mrs. ___ __gow [Glasgow?] visited with Miss Margaret Dieckhoff and relatives in Minneapolis from Friday until Monday.

____ Wilkerson and Mona Sisk, of [several illegible words] Worthington on Tuesday.

Senator S.B. Bedford and family, of Rushmore, attended the wedding of Miss Helen Ludlow on Sunday evening.

"The smile that won't come off" now adorns the face of Wm. Gordon. The reason - A baby boy arrived at his home last Saturday evening.

Miss Clara Prideaux, who has been sick for the past several weeks, suffering with heart trouble, is improving slowly.

Miss Marguerite Becker left Thursday for Tecamah, Neb., for a visit with her sister, Mrs. E.T. Redmond. She expects to remain there the remainder of the winter.

B.S. Uden is advertising a sale of his property in Worthington on Monday, Feb. 18th. He is contemplating moving with his family to Missouri.

Tom Hogan returned Monday from a business trip to Moline, Ill., and to the Twin Cities. He was gone about one week.

Mrs. G.A. Cahoon went to Mankato Tuesday for a visit with Mr. and Mrs. Loren Clark. She returned the following day accompanied by her husband, who had been at Melroy.

Hospers (Iowa) Tribune: George Jansma has gone up to Adrian, Minnesota, to act as helper and to finish his course in telegraphy at the Adrian depot. He got tired of bumping his head on the ceiling of our box-car depot, and, besides, he now gets a bigger salary.

Loren Clark was down from Mankato Sunday. He was called on account of the serious illness of his father, whose condition is greatly improved since then. Miss Maple Clark arrived Monday from Slayton to spend the week at home.

D.W. Chute and family will move from Wilmont to this city next week to make their home in future. They formerly lived here and own a number of residential properties in this city which Mr. Chute will remodel and repair. He conducted the old Burlington hotel near the Rock Island depot for some years. This property will be remodeled into a dwelling house later, but for the present will be occupied by the Chutes pending the fitting up of their other properties.

Local News

Born -- To Mr. and Mrs. Chance White on Feb. 15, a boy.

Clinton Mann of Minneapolis arrived Tuesday and will spend a few days' vacation with his parents. He has but recently recovered from an attack of typhoid fever.

Mrs. John Kunzman, who has been at the hospital for the past week, having undergone an operation, is recovering rapidly from her illness.

The Ladies Aid society of the Congregational church will hold a market at the store of Harry Lewis, on Friday, February 25.

The services at the M.E. church last Sunday morning in celebration of the birthday anniversary of the immortal Abraham Lincoln was largely attended and the address by Rev. Carleton was listened to with wrapt attention. Apropos of this annual observance it may not be amiss to state that Mrs. Milton, lately come here from Washington, regretted exceedingly her inability to sing on this occasion as has been her custom in Washington for some years, owing to a severe cold.

Friday, February 25, 1910

Local Intelligence

Peter Thompson transacted business at Sibley on Monday.

Mrs. H. Steffens visited with relatives at Bigelow, Monday.

Mrs. M.S. Slade went to Mankato on Monday on a business mission.

Wm. Christensen went to Luverne Monday, where he transacted business.

Dr. and Mrs. J.N. Gould were called to Fairmont Monday, on account of the serious illness of his father.

John Rabenberg and grandfather, John Hilfers, of Rushmore, were in this city on business Monday.

Mrs. E.H. Caufield of Luverne visited from Thursday until Monday at the home of her son, A.L., in this city.

G. Schmid, of St. Paul, arrived Monday for a visit with his son, Rev. G.G. Schmid, of the German Evanglical church.

C.T. Millard, who is employed by the Smith Implement company at Bigelow, was in Worthington Monday, on business.

E.H. Poppitz and wife, of Heron Lake, visited several days the past week at the home of her mother, Mrs. A.H. Clark.

H.A. Ackerman, who has been visiting since Saturday with his grandson, J.D. Everett, left Monday for his home at Ash Creek.

Mrs. A.T. Latta and mother, Mrs. E.B. Cutler, who has been in the hospital at Mankato for a couple weeks, arrived home Monday.

Mr. and Mrs. Ernest Foelschow and the former's sister, Miss Clara, went to Luverne Monday for a few days visit with friends.

Alvin Langley and son, Dale, of Rolette, N.D., who have been visiting with the Jet Darling family for the past week, left Thursday for his home.

Arthur Lyon returned Friday from Brogan, Oregon, where he had been for several weeks. He intends to leave with his family for that place in about a month to take up his residence there.

Mrs. Nie Klaras and children went to St. James Monday to attend the funeral of the infant child of D. Treffry, which was held on Tuesday. The latter is employed as fireman on the Northwestern.

John Green, of Dearborn, Missouri, was in Worthington several days this week looking after the administration of the estate of his wife's mother, who died at the insane asylum at St. Peter, some weeks ago. He formerly resided at Adrian.

A saloon keeper was fined $50 and cost at Heron Lake for selling liquor to minors. The statement is made that Judge Kellam collected fines to the amount of $400 from saloon keepers at Heron Lake and Lakefield.

Dr. L.L. Sowles left Monday morning for Columbus, Tenn., for a visit of two weeks with his mother. He went by the way of Dodge Center to visit a party, who is seriously ill and who desired to interview him before he left for the south.

Mrs. S.S. Stewart, state secretary of the Baptist Home Mission, arrived in Worthington, Monday, from Minneapolis. Monday afternoon she delivered an address in the Baptist church to the women of that congregation, on the subject, "Home Missions."

Clinton Mann, who has been visiting for nearly a week with his parents in this city, left Monday for Minneapolis to resume his position with the Minneapolis General Electric  company. Mr. Mann recently recovered from diphtheria. In speaking of his illness last week it was erroneously stated that he had an attack of typhoid fever.

John Steensma and Miss Kate Sjaarda, of LeMars, Iowa, were united in marriage at the probate office by Judge Cory on Monday morning. Wm. Steensma, a brother of the groom, and Miss Etta Sjaarda, sister of the bride, accompanied them. From here they left for LeMars for a short visit before going to Sheldon, which place they will make their home.

Miss Minnie Karsten, of Wilmont, was visiting several days with friends in this city.

Mrs. W.S. Wyatt went to Minneapolis Tuesday, where she will spend several days visiting with friends.

Miss Clara Prideaux, who has been suffering from heart trouble for several weeks, is now able to sit up.

B.I. Tripp of Anoka former register of deeds of this country was transacting business in this city Tuesday.

Julius Reich, of Amboy, arrived in Worthington Tuesday for a visit with his nephews, the Deitrich brothers.

A.R. Albertus and daughter, Miss Jean Albertus, celebrated Washington's birthday with relatives in Jackson.

Ray Wolven, Floyd Voak and Louis Moeller attended the Minneapolis auto show in that city from Friday until Monday.

K.V. Mitchell spent Tuesday with his brother at Brewster, the bank being closed that day on account of Washington's birthday.

Miss Lena Thom returned Tuesday to her home at Ashton after spending several days at the home of Mr. and Mrs. Wm. McKinney.

Ben Hildyard came home Saturday from DesMoines, Iowa, where he is attending Hyland Park college. He returned to DesMoines Thursday.

The Club of Ten met on Feb. 10 at the home of Miss Anna Gordes. The next regular monthly meeting will be on March 16 at the home of Mrs. Corries.

Luverne Herald: Mrs. Ed Leicher, accompanied by her son, went to Worthington yesterday for a few days' visit at the home of her sister, Mrs. John Frink.

Miss Claribell Palmer, of Devil's Lake, N.D., who has been the guest of her aunt and uncle, Mr. and Mrs. H.J. Ludlow, for the past week, left Tuesday for Chicago, where she will visit with other relatives.

Fred Gaiser made a business trip to Round Lake Friday. He says he found the road in pretty good shape for this time of the year. Round Lake seems to be keeping pace with the rest of Nobles county and the people are contented and happy.

On account of missing connections, enroute from Winnebago City, Estella Genevra Parker, failed to appear at the Congregational church on Tuesday, Feb. 22, as advertised. Arrangements have been made to have the entertainment (tonight) Friday evening.

Geo. Fillman, of Fulda, was in Worthington Monday. While here he purchased the George Meyer property, near Fulda, which estate was settled in probate court that day. Wm. J. Hinze, of Beecher, Ill., was the conservator for George Meyer.

Joseph Hildyard, who has been attending school at Mankato for a number of months, returned home Saturday. He has been offered a position with the Owatonna Milling Co. as bookkeeper which he will accept. He left Wednesday for Mankato to enter upon his duties.

Ole Swanson, local manager here for that big firm, attended the annual convention and banquet of the yard managers and officers of the John Tuthill Lumber Co., in Sioux Falls, S.D., on Tuesday and Wednesday of this week. This is an annual event and is made the occasion of a great social and getting-togethe time.

Miss Katharine Myers, field secretary of the woman's board of missions of the northwest, will speak in the Presbyterian church parlor, Friday, Feb. 25, at three o'clock. She is an interesting speaker, and all ladies of the various churches are urged to go and hear her.

The Herbert Drug company this week disposed of its soda fountain to J.C. Casareto. Mr. Herbert stated that this business was not a success unless it could be conducted longer hours than the drug store is kept open. The fixtures were moved into Casareto's fruit store Monday to replace the latter's old ones.

Marriage licenses were this week issued to the following: Alfred Jacobson to Christina Peterson, of Nobles county; Everton F. Cross, of Bowman county, N.D., to Charlotte Hagerman, of Nobles county; Geo. R. Henderson, Clay county, Iowa, to Eva M. Cross of Nobles; John Steensma to Catharine Sjaarda, of Plymouth county, Iowa.

Mrs. P.T. Geyerman expects to leave this week for Hot Springs, S.D., to join her husband, who left for that place about two weeks ago. He has begun practice at that place in connection with Dr. Walker, formerly of this place. Misses Walkup and Blood left with Dr. Geyerman to accept positions as nurses in the hospital there. Dr. and Mrs. Geyerman have many friends in Worthington, who regret their departure but who wish them success in their new location.

The Sunshine club will meet today with Mrs. Wm. Hansberger east of town.

Mrs. E.K. Smith has been seriously ill at her home in this city for the past week.

Henry Morton, of Iona, was here Monday visiting with his wife, who is at the Worthington hospital.

Henry Shore, of Ransom, arrived Monday to serve as a petit juror in the district court in session this week.

Mrs. Samuel Burleigh Milton will be at home on Thursday afternoon from 2 until 4 o'clock.

Misses Bernice Weidman and Florence Mackintosh arrived Friday from Sioux City and visited at their homes in this city until Thursday. They are attending Morningside college in that place.

Miss Ella Guernsey is this week teaching in the Hansberger school. She is relieving Miss Edna Fellows, the regular teacher, who has not yet recovered from an attack of typhoid fever.

The Boise (Idaho) Capital in a recent issue gives the details of an organization formed by the former residents of Minnesota now residing in that state. A former Minnesotan writes that "Minnesota Gophers are as thick as sage brush in Idaho."

Ed Ulrich, who has been employed for several months at the M.E. Fish barber shop, left last week for the east. He accompanied a carload of horses belonging to Hurd's livery to Hoosac Falls, N.Y., for market. From there he expects to go to Pennsylvania to visit his folks.

E.E. Hamilton, an attorney from St. Paul, was here Monday defending the Sanitas Mineral Water company in a suit brongh (sic) by J.F. Reinelt for the recovery of salary and expenses. The latter won the case and was allowed his salary of nearly $700. Mr. Reinelt was formerly employed by the company at Ellsworth, where they have a well. Mr. Hamilton, who is also British consul, said that during his extensive travels throughout the state, he had never struck a prettier city than Worthington. He was greatly pleased with the city, especially with the lake, and he stated that he expected to spend a vacation this summer in Worthington.

Miss Emma Seline, who has a position at Sioux Falls, is spending the week with her mother in Worthington.

County Superintendent Abbott spent the greater portion of his time last week in visiting the schools about the county.

Miss Lillian Steffens, of Fedora, S.D., arrived Friday for a visit at the home of her aunt and uncle, Mr. and Mrs. Peter Netter.

J.S. Bottomley and E. Dresser, of Glencoe, this state, who have been repairing a ditching machine here for the past month, left Tuesday. The former returned home, and the latter went to Albert Lea to accept a position there.

John Locke returned Sunday morning from Merriam, this state, to accept a permanent position here as telegraph operator for the Omaha. He was formerly located here, but a couple of months ago was sent to the former place to take the agency. Owing to a shortage in operators here he was recalled to assume his former position.

Purely Local

George Storing was calling on Mr. and Mrs. B.F. Holland Tuesday. On account of the illness of Mrs. Storing, Mrs. Holland, her mother, returned with Mr. Storing.

Supt. L.W. Abbott was calling on the Kinbrae schools, Wednesday, where he found educational matters progressing favorably under the efficient guidance of Mrs. Wheelock and Miss Lindquist, the teachers.

Mr. Ascher, with the assistance of neighbors, loaded a car with emigrant effects which he accompanied last week to his new home in South Dakota.

After having finished shelling corn for Messrs. John and Frank Chepa, John Mixner returned home with his sheller Thursday via Kinbrae.

Mrs. F.E. Nelson made a trip to the Twin Cities last week Tuesday, returning to Kinbrae Monday.

Mrs. C.W. Davis and daughter, who have been visiting in Southern Minnesota with relatives for a week, returned home Wednesday.

Mr. and Mrs. Sellman arrived from the west Thursday, to visit for a short time with Mrs. Sellman's parents, Mr. and Mrs. John Kahle.

Adolph Haberman came up from Miloma Thursday and called on acquaintances here.

Fred Wozzelhoski was shelling corn for McGlin brothers in this village Friday and Saturday.

The friends of G.R. VanDike gave a surprise party in honor of that gentleman's birthday Thursday evening.

Mrs. Elmer Jones visited for a few days this week with Mr. and Mrs. Burgess Jones.

Wm. Liedloff, auditor for the Lampert Lumber Co., was calling on S.M. Knutson Tuesday.

----End Transcription----

Microfilm, Worthington Advance; Minnesota Historical Society, St. Paul, MN; obtained November, 2007.

If you would like more information,
please contact Terri Mindock

The banner below has been added by the website host, and does not reflect any promotion by the author of these pages.