Search billions of records on
The banner above has been added by the website host, and does not reflect any promotion by the author of these pages.

Lane-Blood Genealogy
You are here:  Home  >  MN newspaper articles  >  transcription

Newspaper Articles
from Worthington Advance
 May, 1907

Use the EDIT > FIND function on your browser to search this page.
To search the rest of this site, go to the HOME page (link above)
and use the "Search this site" box.

Friday, May 3, 1907
[Issue missing from microfilm roll.]

Friday, May 10, 1907

Delicate Operation.
Dr. P.T. Geyerman on Sunday performed an operation on Edna, a daughter of H.T. Wasmund, of Rushmore, for abcess of the brain. The operation, which was entirely successful, was a particularly delicate one. Had it been delayed another day the abcess would have caused the death of the young lady.
The people of Nobles county are beginning to realize that Worthington has a hospital fully equipped in every respect, and as skillful surgeons as are to be found anywhere in the state, and that it is not necessary to make long journeys to seek highpriced specialists to get relief from the ailments that require an operation.
The Lutheran Church.
The class consisting of the following members, Carl R. Selberg, Carl Anderson, George Strand, Theo Hogan, Emma Gustafson, Minnie Gustafson, Esther Larson, Lydia Nelson, will be confirmed on Pentecost Sunday. Services will begin at 10 o'clock. Next Sunday, May 12th, at 3:30 p.m. Rev. Swan will hold meeting in Wass' Schoolhouse.
The Ladies' Aid Society will hold their regular meeting Thursday, May 16th, at the home of Mrs. Ola Swanson.
Indian Lake.
Albin Vahlin, who had been numbered among those on the sick list of late, is now well on the road to health again.
Mrs. B. Bilster returned last Wednesday from Omaha, where she attended the funeral of a brother.
From the Signal.
D.J. Gronewold informs us that he has been granted the privilege to sell liquid refreshments to the thirsty people at Butterfield. He expects to depart for that place Monday morning. His family will remain here for the present as they are not able to secure a suitable house for a residence at this time.
Miss Minnie Westby closed her term of school in the north part of the county, Friday, and reached home on Sunday afternoon, having remained at Worthington with her cousin, Ole Karlston and family from Saturday. Miss Minnie has made a success at teaching and intends taking up the work again in the fall but would like to be a little closer home than last winter.
From the Tribune.
Ned Jones, of Worthington, was in attendance at the directors' meeting of the First National Bank Tuesday.
C.F. Martin, a prosperous farmer and stock raiser, delivered to Hayes & Reilly at Reading this week 82 hogs that netted him $1,373.40. Charley raises good hogs and knows how to make them fat.
Rev. d'Argent will preach at the Presbyterian church next Sunday afternoon at 3 p.m. Rev. d'Argent has accepted the call offered him by Wilmont and Reading for the next year, and for the present he will preach at Wilmont every Sunday afternoon and evening alternately.
The small child of Mr. and Mrs. Oaka Alberts, of near Reading, died of pneumonia Friday. The parents have the sympathy of the community in their sad bereavement.
Newton Fauskee was attending to official business in our neighborhood last Saturday.
Banker Brickson, of Adrian, was attending the directors' meeting of the Wilmont Bank Tuesday.
Round Lake.
From the Graphic.
Mrs. Riley Davidson and baby, of Potlatch, Idaho, who came to enjoy a visit with her parents, Mr. and Mrs. N.H. Elliott, who reside about three miles west of Worthington, is here this week to visit her many Round Lake friends and also her former pupils. George Elliott, her brother, accompanied her on her trip from Idaho.
Mrs. Henry Diehn, of Round Lake township, arrived home yesterday, from a three weeks' visit in Omemee, N. Dak., at the home of her son and daughter, Mr. and Mrs. Herman Soenke.
Mrs. Honenstein has a new well.
Rev. d'Argent has received his dog and expects his household goods soon.
Cliff Black has purchased the R. Merideth farm. Consideration $40.00 per acre.
Mrs. DeLong is, at this writing, visiting among friends and acquaintances, but on Thursday forenoon expects to start to her daughters, in the northern part of the state.
A.D. Snyder drove to Worthington Monday afternoon.
G.T. Bulick, Mrs. Beilke, and daughter, Lena, were in Worthington Tuesday.
From the Tribune.
Robert Erickson is planning to build another barn soon on his place near the depot. It will be about 60x130, and will have a cement floor, unless he changes his present plans.
Joe Ferguson, of Worthington, has been visiting this week at the home of his sister, Mrs. J. Sliver.
Wm. O'Shea and his assistants arrived here Monday to begin the erection of the new bridge near the Hersey cemetery.
From the Enterprise.
In a deal that matured the first of the week C.M. Black became the owner of the farm known as the Meredith place, near Reading, consideration being $40 per acre. The deal was closed Tuesday through the Rushmore State Bank.
Jas. Wemple, of Wappengers Falls, N.Y., who has been here the past week or more, visiting his parents and other relatives, left yesterday for St. Paul  a short time with his brother-in-law, Anton Schaefer, before returning home.
Miss Goldie Crever, of Worthington, visited a few days the first of the week with Mrs. J.J. Willinger.
Newton Fauskee, the popular sheriff of Nobles county, was over from Worthington on official business last Friday.
Miss Helen Ludlow came over from Worthington Monday for a few days visit with her brother, Burr, and family.
H.J. Ludlow came over from Worthington last Saturday for a visit with his son, Burr, and family, and to incidentally look after his nursery business.
From the News.
Arrangements were completed last Saturday for the sale of the general merchandise business of Keedick & Rood to Henry Schlottman, of Herman, Minn.
Chas. Bird, cashier of the First National Bank, returned Monday evening from his winter's sojourn in California. Mrs. Bird stopped off at Omaha, Neb., for a visit with friends and relatives. Charlie is considerably bronzed, but looks as if he enjoyed every moment of his stay there.
Mr. and Mrs. James McRobert left Tuesday morning for Los Angeles, California, on the Mystic Shriner's excursion. They will spend a month or more in the west and intend seeing all there is to see in that part of the country.
Heron Lake
From the News.
Hon. S.O. Morse, of Slayton, called on the News Tuesday. Mr. and Mrs. Morse had been to Adrian to attend the funeral of Mrs. Morse's father.
B.P. St. John left Saturday for the twin cities, and from there he will go to the Coast, and will also visit Canada where he will buy a large tract of timber land. He expects to be gone about a month.
Dr. P.T. Geyerman spent Sunday with relatives at Brewster.
Mrs. Richard Prideaux is visiting relatives at Adrian this week.
Mrs. Avery, of Loraine, was in the city Monday on a shopping trip.
P.C. May of Windom is the new night clerk at the Worthington hotel.
H.H. Halverson, of Loraine, marketed two loads of fine hogs here Monday.
Andrew Anderson is down from North Dakota on a visit to relatives and friends.
Mr. and Mrs. Cole Guernsey, of Ransom, were in the city Monday on a shopping trip.
O.H. Nystrom and wife, of Bigelow township, were in the city last Monday doing trading.
Peter Halverson, a prominent Loraine farmer, transacted business in Worthington Monday.
Court Vermilia and family, Fairmont, S.Dak., were guests at the residence of C. Hogan over Sunday.
Nathan Barnes has put on a new roof and made other important improvements on his residence on 5th avenue and 11th street.
Theo. Jacobson who had been up from Iowa several weeks looking after his extensive farming interests returned home on Monday.
G.A. Cahoon goes to Lakefield today where he will deliver an address at a banquet to be given by the Men's Club of that city.
J.L. Berkhimer, of the Globe, has taken Stanley Moore's place as traveling representative for the Minneapolis Tribune, in this section.
Dr. Ray Humiston has had cement walks put in at his handsome new residence. The doctor has one of the handsomest residence properties in the city.
Rev. G.A. Cahoon will preach next Sunday evening at Madelia. The pulpit in the M.E. Church here will be filled at that time by Prof. Cooper, of Hamline University.
A delegation composed of Mayor E.A. Tripp, Alderman E.V. Voak, Superintendent of City Power Plant Wm. Buchan and J.S. Frink left on Monday afternoon for Alta, Ia., to inspect a central heating plant.
The Holmberg Art Co. entertained large crowds on Tuesday and Wednesday evenings of this week. Their moving pictures and lectures were something out of the ordinary.
E.J. Wolven was called to Lake Geneva, Wis., last week by the serious illness of his sister, Mrs. Jessie Merritt. On Monday word was received that Mrs. Merritt was dead, and Mrs. Wolven went down to attend the funeral.
John Hogan and family, of Turtle Lake, Wis., were here a few days last week, being guests at the home of his uncle, Christ Hogan, Mr. Hogan bought a fine driving team and buggy from the Western Implement Co., and had them shipped to Turtle Lake.
M. Hand, of Bigelow, was in the city Saturday.
W.E. Roberts was over from Rushmore Wednesday.
Ben F. Young was down from Reading Wednesday.
G.B. McChord, of Rushmore, registered at the Western Sunday.
J.S. Kies spent the week in Cottonwood county on business.
A.R. Beilke and daughter drove down from Reading Wednesday evening.
Pat Brown has spent the week in North Dakota on real estate business.
John Sowles left on Wednesday afternoon for Colorado on a prospecting trip.
Miss Nancy Royer, of Aurelia, Ia., is visiting at the home of her brother, Joseph Taylor.
Mayor Fred Mohl, of Adrian, was a business visitor at the county seat Wednesday.
Mr. Wittenberg, the Luverne jeweler, transferred ere Wednesday on his way home from Iowa.
Joe Nazarenus on Monday bought a handsome single buggy at the Western Implement Co.'s repository.
J.M. Addington has added a fourth chair to his barber shop which is presided over by Jack Richards.
Ora Taylor, who was operated on for appendicitis on Thursday of last week, at the city hospital, was taken home yesterday. He made a remarkably speedy recovery.
Miss Laura Bingham of this city closed a very successful term of school in district No. 72, last Saturday afternoon, with a program and picnic.
Mr. West, the electrician at the city power house, on Tuesday received a telegram announcing the death of his child at Wyne, Neb. He left for that place on the afternoon train.
A.T. Latta spent Monday and Tuesday on his farm in Dewald township planting trees and getting initiated into other rustic pursuits. He contemplates sometime joining the ranks of the horny handed sons of toil, and "live in peace forever after."
Mr. and Mrs. J.R. Baker returned on Thursday of last week from La Porte City, Ia., where they had been called to attend the funeral of Mrs. Baker's father. Mrs. R.R. Cummings, a sister of Mrs. Baker, returned home with them for a few weeks visit.
The following local people were guests at the Worthington for Sunday dinner: Judge and Mrs. G.W. Wilson, W.M. Evans, Mrs. E.J. Wolven and son Ray, G.N. Dayton, Dr. H. Wiedow, Mrs. G.W. Crane, F.R. Durfee, Mr. and Mrs. C.T. Tupper, Dr. and Mrs. W.J. Dodge.
Mrs. Frank Stevens has returned from her visit at LaCrosse.
W.I. Carpenter is having his boats overhauled and put in condition for the season.
Mr. McGraw has bought the Christ Nieman cottage on 10th street. Mr. McGraw runs on the Mitchell branch.
It is reported there are nine families of railroad men waiting to find houses to move into in Worthington.
Years of Domestic Trouble End Tragically.
Alexander Coffitt, 60 years old, a resident of Fulda, Minn., ended years of domestic strife on Thursday of last week by slashing his throat with a razor at the home of E.P. Lindquist, 2429 Third Avenue South, Minneapolis.
The old man's death followed close upon a decree granting his wife a divorce. The decision was made last week, Wednesday, and Coffitt went to Minneapolis to look for his brother, John Coffitt. He wanted his brother to assist in legal matters, expecting trouble over his property. He went to Lindquist's, where he was well known, and stayed all night. He arose early, wrote a note to Lindquist and to his attorney. Just as the other persons in the house were arising, he slashed his throat and fell heavily to the floor. Mr. Lindquist rushed into the room, and seeing the prostrate man, sent for a physician. Coffitt died in a few minutes.
The note to Mr. Lindquist was as follows:
"I can stand my trouble no longer. Send my body back to Fulda and get a good coffin. Please do. A. Coffitt."
Another note addressed to his attorney, arranged for the disposition of his property.

Friday, May 17, 1907

W.E. Larimore, a member of the Worthington town board, was in the city Wednesday doing trading.
Mrs. C.A. Lutner was in Worthington the first of the week under the doctor's treatment.
Effie Bulick went to Rushmore Tuesday on an extended visit to her sister, Mrs. Black.
Rev. d'Argent is moving into the Rothshild's [Rothchild?] house, till the manse is ready for occupancy.
The proposed trial in S.T. Fair's court, between Mrs. H. Ubben, plaintiff, and Rudolph Manning, defendant, was settled by compromise last Saturday afternoon.
From the Signal.
The infant son of Mr. and Mrs. Otto Hohensee died sometime during Monday night. The little one was put to bed as usual and there didn't appear to be anything wrong but when the parents arose on Tuesday morning the little one was dead. The family have the sympathy of all at this dark period.
Miss Minnie Cummings spent Sunday evening and Monday morning in our village, the guests of Miss Rose Hand. She is employed in a restaurant in Worthington.
C.F. Modisett marketed a load of his early lambs with parties in Worthington Monday for which he received th neat sum of $6.50 per hundred.
Miss Florence Barber spent one day last week with her sister, Mrs. Brayton, at the hotel.
From the Tribune.
J.F. Plut left here Monday for Hayfield, a small town near Fairmont, where he has bought a saloon and will engage in business.
Herman Peterson and his crew of carpenters came up from the county seat yesterday to begin the repairs and alterations on A.L. Wells' house.
We are informed that Sam Tow has let the contract for a $4,000 house on his farm one mile southwest of town.
Miss Alice Smith left Wednesday for Worthington to take a position in the Manson hospital.
From the Democrat.
R.H. Doe has bought a new Luverne automobile similar to C.A. Kinsey's machine. It is likely that several other new machines will be brought here this summer.
Invitations are out for the wedding of Miss Clara Schroeder, of near Rushmore, and Herman Hartmann, of Adrian, Sunday afternoon, May 12th.
Assessor J.M. Kimmel began his work Friday, May 10th.
J.J. Filburn spent Sunday at Ireton, Iowa.
Alonzo Studebaker expects to leave soon for a trip northward. He may visit his parents at Morril, before his return.
From the Enterprise.
The removal of E.H. Bassett from Rushmore leaves a vacancy in the office of sergeant of Co. F, which office has been conceded to Rushmore by the Worthington members of the company owing to the large numbers of members stationed here. No intimation has been given as to who will be appointed to the place. Corps. J.M. Barron and H.A. Nelson are both in line for promotion, and it is probable that one of these two will be appointed.
Tom Rorum, of Ransom township loaded a car with horses and machinery the first of the week and left for Culbertson, Mont., near which place he expects to take a homestead. He will be in the same neighborhood with J.L. Jensen, who went there about a month ago.
S. Kindlund, of Worthington, accompanied by a Mr. Simmons, agent for a manufacturer of road machines, were in town Monday trying to sell the village a road grader.
S.B. Bedford was at Adrian yesterday attending the meeting of the stockholders of the Adrian State Bank.
Miss Margaret Ackerman went to Minneapolis last week where she has accepted a position as stenographer and bookkeeper with the Union Investment Co., of which George Innes is president and manager.
From the News.
Charlie Bird, cashier of the First National Bank, went to Omaha the latter part of last week to join his wife on a visit to relatives and friends. They returned last evening and their many friends welcomed them back to Ellsworth, after their winter's stay in California.
Miss Katie Reemts, the 19 year old daughter of Mr. and Mrs. J.B. Reemts, passed away at the family home west of town last Monday morning. Though she had not been in the best of health for several years, her death was entirely unexpected at this time and the blow came as a sad surprise.
Geo. Hacker was down from Elk Saturday.
J.A. Cashel is visiting relatives in Wisconsin.
I.F. Kelley returned Saturday from a trip to the twin cities.
Peter Swensen, of Bigelow township, was a pleasant caller last Saturday.
O.H. Nystrom, of Bigelow, was in the city Saturday transacted business.
Attorney J.F. Flynn spent Sunday and Monday with friends at Ellsworth.
John Miller, of Summit Lake township, was in the city Tuesday last doing trading.
J.P. Vail went to N. Dak. last Saturday night to attend the funeral of his brother.
H.S. Lewis is spending a few days at Mabel, Minn., visiting at the home of his daughter, Mrs. Roi Tibbetts.
J.M. Addington's barber shop is to be heated by the hot water system; the plant is being installed by J.S. Friank this week.
Loren Clark, T.A. Palmer and A.T. Latta went to Minneapolis Monday to attend a meeting of the grand lodge of Knights of Pythias.
J.S. Frink was at Rushmore last Saturday where he secured the contract to install a heating plant and to do the other plumbing in Mrs. Bassett's home.
C.B. Fairfield and wife and little son, Donald, came down from St. James Sunday afternoon. Charles returned home that night, but the others are still here.
Bruce Yale returned last Saturday from California, where he had spent several months attending a brother who had passed through a siege of pneumonia. He left his brother on the road to recovery.
Joe Fireside and Thos. Robinson, two laboring men claiming to hail from Sibley, were locked up last Friday evening by Marshal Roshon for displaying too much hilarity as the result of indulging too freely in Bigelow booze. They were up before His Honor Dow, Saturday afternoon, and were each assessed a fine.
The Birthday Club was entertained Tuesday afternoon by Mrs. J.W. McBride in a most delightful manner. The occasion was the celebration of Mrs. McBride's birthday, and she was presented with a fine set of silver spoons and a silver pickle fork as reminders of the day. A very pleasant afternoon was spent in various kinds of amusements.
Chas. King, of Org, was in the city Monday.
H. Uden, of Ewington, was in the city Saturday doing trading.
Fred Dring, of Loraine, was in town Wednesday doing trading.
H. Leistico, of Loraine, was in town Saturday doing trading.
W.H. Brown, of Adrian, transacted business here Wednesday.
Mrs. Henry Wiedow returned from her trip in Iowa last Friday.
Geo. Lutz, of Bigelow, was in the city on business last Saturday.
J. Rodgers, of Summit Lake, was in town Saturday doing trading.
W.R. Hendry and wife, of Primghar Iowa, were guest at the Western Monday.
John Lohmer, of Bigelow township, was a Worthington visitor Saturday.
Dr. Wiedow was called to Armstrong, Iowa, to perform an operation, Friday.
Orlo Hecox, a former resident of this place, died last Friday at his home in Barron, Wis.
Grandma Tripp, mother of Mayor Tripp, is ill at the home of Mr. and Mrs. M.J. Barber.
J.W. Kemp, a real estate man from Stanford, Texas, is here looking up customers for Texas lands.
Burgess Jones, of Kinbrae, was a guest at the Allen House last Monday while at the county seat transacting business.
A year old child of Mr. and Mrs. T.B. Thompson, of Ransom, died on Monday from pneumonia, and was buried Wednesday.
Geo. Elliott, who is visiting his father here, is sick with Erysipelas. George has been making his home in Idaho the last two years.
A. Oberman and wife returned this week from Elk River, where they spent a month, while Mr. Oberman superintended the sawing of his log cut.
Peter Hawkinson, of Ocheeda, who is a close second in Torrance and Son's egg contest, was in the city Monday marketing another large lot of eggs.
Grandma Swanberg this week had a finger amputated. The old lady is making satisfactory recovery in spite of her advanced age. She is 76 years old.
Walter Paine, of Loraine, was in the city last Friday with another large consignment of eggs. Mr. Paine, at last report, was far in the lead in the egg contest conducted by Torrance and Son, and he seems determined to stay there.
The following Worthington people took dinner at the Western Hotel last Sunday: Mr. and Mrs. E.J. Wolven and sons, Jay and Ray, Mr. and Mrs. C.M. Crandall and son, Mr. and Mrs. M.E. Fish, W.W. Loveless, Thos. Hogan.
Mrs. Heneger is on the sick list.
Mrs. Wilkinson is on the sick list.
Dave Tripp went to Round Lake Thursday.
Gus Olson and H. Johnson were up from Round Lake Tuesday.
Mrs. D.W. Chute came down from the farm yesterday to do trading.
Mrs. George Bowers, of Round Lake, was a Worthington visitor yesterday.
Andrew Nystrom spent a number of days visiting in Minneapolis this week.
Miss Therese Rowen, of St. Paul, is here on a visit to her sister, Mrs. C.M. Cory.
Mrs. Chas. Hobeck, of Loraine township, has been quite sick with the measles.
J.H. West returned from Nebraska, Saturday and brought his family with him.
Fred Rose this week bought Manska Bros. dray line and took possession on Wednesday.
Mrs. H.S. Hobson and daughter returned this week from an extended visit at Kimball, Minn.
Will Ewers, of Round Lake, fractured his shoulder Sunday night and came up Monday morning to have it attended to.
Born -- On Friday, May 10th, 1907, to Judge and Mrs. C.M. Cory, a son. The young man arrived on earth the same day as the heir to the Spanish throne.
Mesdames W.J. Dodge, G.A. Cahoon and C.W.W. Dow are at Heron Lake attending the annual meeting of the Woman's Foreign Missionary Society.
Mrs. Otis Bigelow, Sr., who was injured some weeks ago in a fall at the Methodist Church, is reported to be very low, with slight prospects of recovery.
Miss Emily Janey, of the High School faculty, was called to her home at Minneapolis Wednesday by the serious illness of her father. Rev. TenBroeck took her place for a couple of days.
G.T. Bulick, of Reading, was in town on business Wednesday.
Mrs. G.W. Roth returned last Friday from a visit at her old home in Wisconsin.
C.A. Peterson, of Round Lake, transacted business in Worthington last Friday.
C.M. Black, of Reading, was a Worthington visitor Tuesday.
Mrs. W.M. Evans and children returned this week from a sojourn of several months in California.
Clayton Holland, of Bigelow township was a Worthington visitor Wednesday.
W.J. Kunz, of the Worthington Bottling Works, took a load of his goods to Round Lake yesterday.
Local News.
S. Kindlund drove to Reading yesterday.
Mrs. G.A. Engbretson is visiting in Minneapolis this week.
Geo. Goodrich this week sold a small lot of $1 wheat.
J.A. Nicholson, the traveling representative of the Iowa Trade Journal, called on the merchants here Wednesday.
R.W. Moberly arrived on Tuesday from Chickasha, Oklahoma, to visit his son's family and attend the wedding of his daughter which occurs the 28th. Mr. Moberly, who has been in Oklahoma seven years, was formerly a prominent resident of Worthington and served several terms as county treasurer. He likes Oklahoma very much, and says that while the weather has been backward there as elsewhere, the prospects for a good crop are excellent, especially in wheat.

Friday, May 24, 1907

Mrs. E.M. Horton died at her residence in this city last Saturday of consumption, aged 44 years. The funeral was held on Monday from the family residence the service being conducted by the Rev. J.E. Evans, pastor of the Congregational Church, of which she had been a member. Many relatives and friends from out of town were present and the service was otherwise well attended. There was a great profusion of floral tributes, testifying eloquently to the high esteem in which the deceased was held. Interment was made in the Worthington cemetery.
Mrs. Horton's maiden name was Miss Bell Demby. She was born in Grassvalley, Cal., in 1863, and while a child came with her parents to Illinois. She also lived a while in Wisconsin. In 1888 she was married to Mr. E.H. Horton, at Sioux Falls, S.D. They came at once to Worthington, but shortly went back to Sioux Falls, where they lived fifteen years, when they again moved to Worthington, where they have lived ever since.
Mrs. Horton was a victim of the dread white plague, consumption, and suffered a great deal, especially during the last two months, but she bore her affliction with Christian fortitude and resignation. She leaves a husband, a son and daughter, besides aged parents and three brothers and seven sisters to mourn her sad demise. The bereaved ones have the deepest sympathy of the community.
Death of Mrs. Bigelow.
Mrs. Hattie H. Bigelow was a native of Connecticut, having been born in Portland, Middlesex Co., Nov. 20th 1839. Her girlhood was spent in the vicinity of her birthplace and in 1859 she was married to Otis Bigelow. The young couple came west in 1869, finding a home in Iowa. They removed to Worthington in 1872, becoming pioneers of this county and have resided here ever since. Mrs. Bigelow had united with the church as a mere girl, and with her husband became a charter member of the Methodist Episcopal Church of Worthington. For thirty-five years she continued to be one of its most active and interested workers. She was always the friend of the pastor and his family and the church and its interests had a large place in her life.

Her death occurred May 18th, 1907, after four weeks of suffering as the result of an injury received from a fall. The funeral service was held Tuesday afternoon at two o'clock at the Methodist Church.
Rev. G.A. Cahoon, the pastor of the church, spoke briefly from the text 1 John, 2; 17-25, his subject being "The Immortal Hope."
He spoke also of the life history of the deceased and paid a tender tribute to her memory. Rev. W.J. Robinson, of Pine Island, a former pastor and particular friend of the family, spoke of his acquaintance with the deceased and her splendid worth, and gave added words of consolation to the sorrowing relatives.
A mixed quartet furnished several beautiful selections.
The ladies of the church had the large auditorium decorated with flowering plants, the altar being banked with them. Each society of the church presented a floral tribute, as did the Eastern Star and others. The members of the Eastern Star attended the service in a body. There was a large attendance of relatives and friends. All the business houses were closed during the hours of the service.
Mrs. Bigelow was a most estimable woman. She took delight in helping others and her true Christian life has been a blessing and inspiration to many. She is spoken of in the highest terms by all who were privileged to know her.
The sympathy of the entire community goes out to the stricken husband and relatives.
Jos. Schultz, a well known resident of Little Rock township, died on Wednesday, the 22nd, aged 46 years. He leaves a widow and five children.
Wedded to Miss Susan Stoutemeyer at Brewster, on Wednesday.
Dr. P.F. Geyerman and Miss Susan Stoutemyer, two well known and popular people of Worthington, were married on Tuesday of this week at the home of the groom's father, at Brewster, in the presence of a small company of relatives and friends, Rev. I.H. Darnell, of the Baptist Church of this city officiating. After congratulations the party sat down to a dainty wedding banquet.
The young people returned to Worthington at once and went to housekeeping. The bride is the daughter of the late Mr. and Mrs. W.E. Stoutemyer, well known pioneers of Worthington, and is an estimable young lady of many excellent qualities. The groom, who is the son of Peter Geyerman, the pioneer merchant of Brewster, has been engaged in the practice of medicine in this city the past year and a half, and stands is well at the head of his profession. As a surgeon and eye, ear and nose specialist he has few equals, even in the large cities. He is a man of genial disposition and studious temperament, and has already carved out a reputation for himself in his chosen profession.
The Advance takes pleasure in uniting with the many friends of the contracting parties in extending congratulations.
Two Worthington Lads Accused of Rifling a Traveling Man's Sample Trunk.
Claud Ventioner, of this city, was on Friday of last week arrested at Barron, Wis., by Sheriff Fauskee on a warrant charging him with the larceny of a sample trunk belonging to Ray Wormenskirt, a hardware drummer, and which contained nearly $400 worth of goods.
On Saturday evening Fred Netter was arrested in this city for complicity in the same offense. Their hearing was set for Saturday, May 25, at ten o'clock. It is to be hoped the young men can clear themselves of the charge they are under.
Fred Netter on Monday waived examination and is held to the grand jury.


Mrs. Patterson, of Worthington, spend Sunday with Mrs. L.H. Hawkins.
Cliff Black was in the Mill City Sunday.
Morris Ronan was at Iona Monday on business.
Frank Eggleston has become quite a farmer of late. He plows during the day and shovels coal at night.
Joe Mackay, of Worthington, has been giving the church a new coat of paint.
Death called Anton Lamasck to his long home sometime during the night of the 16th. He was found dead in his bed Friday morning. He had been suffering with consumption and a complication of other diseases for a long time. It seems that death dealt mildly with him. His remains were laid to rest in the cemetery here Saturday forenoon. The sorrowing ones have the sympathy of the whole community.
Joshua Schechter and son, Ray, left on Friday of last week for Hancock, Minn., to visit relatives and friends.
Alma Schultz is helping Mrs. Geo. Goodrich clean house this week.
Roscoe Eshleman and wife spent Sunday with A.F. Eshleman and family.
Roy Fowler is shearing sheep for Paul Schultz.
The Mission Band meets this week with Mrs. A.G. Finchk.
J.J. Filburn and Frank Williams spent Sunday at Edgerton.
Chas. Hilary is on the sick list.
Mrs. Paul Schultz has been quite sick the past week with sciatic rheumatism.
From the Tribune.
S.N. Bullington, representing the Sibley Cement Block and Tile Co., was here Tuesday, and made a contract to build practically all of the cement walk recently ordered by the village council.
The Brewster-Round Lake Telephone Company has commenced the construction of a line out into Ewington township. The line is expected [to] be in working order some time next week, and will have six or eight phones to start with.
Robt. Erickson left yesterday for Sioux City, and expects to be back Sunday. S.M. Stewart of Worthington, accompanied him.
Elk Center
(Crowded out last week.)
Miss Mildred Evans, of Worthington, has been the guest of Julia Fellows the past week.
Born -- To Mr. and Mrs. Henry DeVries, on Monday, May 13th, a girl.
Mrs. L.S. Rowland and her daughter, Grace, are this week calling on their old friends and neighbors here in Ransom. Mr. and Mrs. Rowland were among the early settlers in Ransom, and they lived here for a good many years. Mrs. Rowland and her daughter now make their home in Eau Claire, Wisconsin, where the daughter has a position in a printing office. The other day they made us a short visit, and on the same day two other old friends, Mr. and Mrs. Eugene Bennett of Sibley called on us. It is always a real pleasure to meet our old friends.
One day last week we received a short call from an old friend who is still a young man -- Elmer Green, second son of J.F. Green, one of the first settlers in Little Rock township. In the pioneer days the writer taught school in the district in which Mr. Green lived, and our young friend, then a boy, of twelve or thirteen, attended school. Since that time he has gained a college education and is now a minister, and is engaged largely in visiting the different churches and Sunday Schools of his denomination. Another brother, Albert, the oldest, has a good position in a railroad office in the state of Washington, where he has been employed continuously for a dozen years or more. And the remaining brother is in the government service at Washington, D.C., with a salary of $1,800 a year. The brothers have all done well, and are good samples of the truth of the old saying that "life is what we make it."  Robert Shore.
From the Democrat.
Mr. and Mrs. John Hennekes celebrated the fortieth anniversary of their marriage yesterday and the first anniversary of the ordination to the priesthood of their son, Rev. Fr. Hennekes.
Miss Clara Schroeder and Mr. Henry Hartmann were united in the bonds of wedlock, at the home of the bride's parents, Mr. and Mrs. J.C. Schroeder, near Rushmore, at 4 p.m., Sunday, May 12th, 1907, Rev. H.M. Hancock, of Adrian, officiating.
Bennett Joul will build a fine house on his farm, section 14, Little Rock township, this summer. The structure will be 28x28, two stories. Frank Hennekes has the contract and will begin work about the first of July.
From the Enterprise.
Peter Boots, of Larkin township, and Miss Tena Lupkes, of this village, were married at Worthington on Tuesday of last week. They have kept the affair very quiet and but few of their friends knew of the happy occurrence. They will make their home in Rushmore during the summer.
J.B. Ludlow this week sold the farm he recently purchased of G.W. Hunt to his brother, Milton Ludlow, of Worthington, the consideration being $60 per acre. It is probable that Milton will move on the place next spring.
The four weeks old twin babies of Mr. and Mrs. E.G. Edwards died Tuesday night.
Berkhimer Bros. have sold the Wilmont Tribune but we are unable to give the new owners name nor state when he will take possession.
Local News.
Carl Ager Sundayed at Wilmont.
Earl McBride made a trip to Luverne last Saturday.
Jas. Montgomery, the Wilmont banker, was in the city Monday.
Mrs. W.H. Hawkins, of Dewald, was in the city Wednesday doing trading.
I.F. Kelley returned Wednesday from a business trip to Mankato and New Ulm.
Co. F. will shoot at their rifle range Wednesday and Saturday afternoons at 4 p.m.
J.A. Cashel returned the first of the week from a visit to his parents at Arcadi, Wis.
Chas. Jones, of Mitchell, S.D., has been a guest at the residence of Gus Swanberg this week.
John Anderson paid off the mortgage on his farm yesterday. He claims his success is due to using a Monitor drill, which purchased of Johnson Bros., of Dundee.
Jos. Ullrich, of Dewald, was in the city Monday. Mr. Ullrich has made arrangements for extensive improvements in his farm residence.
Conductor Crosby, of the Rock Island, has moved his household goods into rooms on the second floor of the Darling building, opposite the Albinson-Boberg lumber yard, and will camp there until the return of Mrs. Crosby, who will not be home until fall.
Andy Dillman was displaying an eleven pound pickerel yesterday which he had just caught in Okabena Lake. Andy is no slouch of a fisherman, and having got his hand in he will devote most of his time to it this summer, as he has closed his pool hall for a few months.
Lee Forbes and Harry Lear made a good real estate deal at University Park Addition.
Mrs. Gerric Green and son, Kenneth, were callers at Ballard, Wednesday.
Mr. and Mrs. Chas. Frankhouser and little son were callers at the Gerric Green home last week.
Otis Sanford is brightening up his home with some fresh paint.
Miss Grace Hall, formerly a teacher of the Worthington High School is teaching at the Cascade school in Seattle.
John Sahlstrom arrived in Seattle Thursday evening.
Roy Goodson made a trip to Kerriston, Wash., last week.
Friends and relatives of Mrs. William McLean gathered at her residence Wednesday evening, to celebrate her 42nd birthday. About 30 were present and a very pleasant evening was spent.
Kenneth Pettit was on the sick call Wednesday.
A. Oberman and wife returned this week from Elk River, Minn.
J.P. Schechter, of Elk, last week marketed a load of wool at the Hart Commission Co.
W.E. Roberts, the Rushmore druggist, was in the city on business Monday.
W.W. Loveless is at Columbus, Ohio, attending the general assembly of the Presbyterian Church.
R.R. Smith of Minneapolis, is here on a visit at the home of his grandsons, Stelle and Robert Smith.
Mrs. J.E. Marple, of Minneapolis, was down the latter part of last week on a visit to her mother, Mrs. J.P. Biltgen.
Miss Jeanette Clark last week entertained the young people of the Baptist Church at the church parlors in a very pleasant way.
Mr. and Mrs. A.O. Steffens are here on a visit to Mr. Steffens' mother, Mrs. J.P. Biltgen, and other relatives. Mr. Steffens is engaged in the barber business at Red Wing.
Major and Mrs. H.S. Hobson went to St. Paul the first of the week to join the party of Governor Johnson on the trip to Vicksburg, Miss., to be present at the unveiling of the Minnesota monument on that battlefield. Major Hobson is a member of the governor's military staff, and this is the first opportunity he has had to wear his new uniform. The governor's party will visit other places in the south.
G.W. Baker of Wilmont, was in the city Wednesday.
Maj. B.F. Thruber came down from Wilmont Wednesday.
Mrs. William Butchard visited a sister at St. James this week.
S.M. Granger, of Adrian, was a guest at the Worthington Monday.
P.H. McChord, of Brewster, was a guest at the Western last Monday.
Lewis Larson a prominent Bigelow farmer, was in town Monday doing trading.
L.A. Foster, of Kewaunee, is here taking views for souvenir postal cards for H.S. Meyers.
Teddy Ostrom came over from Adrian Saturday night to spend Sunday with Worthington friends.
Rev. J.D. Gibbs, pastor of the Presbyterian Church at Rushmore, was a visitor in Worthington yesterday.
Judge J.S. Randolph, the weighty endman of the Brewster Tribune, was a county seat visitor last Saturday.
Mrs. E.K. Smith visited in Adrian Saturday. Miss Mary Kenneth returned home with her for a short visit.
W.R.D. McChord, of Dewald, was a pleasant caller yesterday. He says that corn planting is practically about all done in his locality, and that small grain is looking well.
J.E. Rev. Robinson, who had been canvassing Nobles county for the American Sunday School Union left on Tuesday for Jackson, where he spent a few days. He will return to Nobles county next week to complete the canvass here.
A party of Worthington young people headed by City Clerk C.L. Mann, and including Ed. Lawton and Misses Eva Fairfield, Lottie and Mabel Kunzman, went to Adrian last Saturday afternoon to attend the High School play.
Miss Myrtle Robinson, a former machine operator in the Advance office, but now employed in a department store at Luverne, was here Sunday and Monday visiting friends. Miss Robinson is taking her annual vacation and went from here to Ponca, Nebraska, to visit her parents.
J.P. Vail returned on Thursday of last week from Astor, N. Dak., where he went with the intention of attending the funeral of his brother, Jacob Vail, but found that the remains of the deceased had been laid to rest the day before his arrival. The deceased leaves a widow and a family of twelve children. One son, the only one of the family that has passed away, died on April 27th, of pneumonia.
C.A. Peterson has opened a cream station on 9th street.
W.P. Brown, of New York City, is here for a few days, the guest of I.F. Kelley.
Conductor McGowan on Wednesday moved into the Niemann cottage, recently purchased by him.
Miss Anna Johnson has accepted a position as saleslady in the general store of Martin Bros. and began her new occupation Friday morning.
Miss Clara Midcalf, Conference Deaconess, spoke at the Methodist Church last Sunday evening to a large and interested audience.

Friday, May 31, 1907

[NOTE: if you would like more info about this article, please email me.]
People named in the article:
A.E. (Ed) Raines
Mr. and Mrs. Lee
Kate Morrow.
[NOTE: if you would like more info about this article, please email me.]
People named in the article:
Vergil Fellows
Harry Gray
Nell Addington
Hazel Pepple
Arlowine Loveless
Florence Lysle
Agnes Ryan
Charles Haggard
Ivan Pettit
Benj. Hildyard
Emline McConkey
Miss Mary Moberly and Mr. Thomas Moore of Chickasha, Indian Territory, were married on Tuesday afternoon, May 28th, at the residence of the bride's brother, R.B. Moberly, Rev. I.H. Darnell pronouncing the mystic words that made the twain one. Owing to the serious illness of the bride's mother Mrs. R.W. Moberly, the wedding was a very quiet affair, only members of the immediate families being present. The young people took the afternoon train for their home in the Southland, and at the depot they were given an enthusiastic sendoff by the many friends of the bride. They boarded the train amidst a shower of rice, old shoes and good wishes.
The bride is a daughter of Mr. and Mrs. R.W. Moberly, pioneers of Worthington, but for some years residents of Indian Territory, and is a most charming and accomplished young lady who has a large circle of warm friends. The groom is a sturdy young man of Chickasha, where he holds a position in the postoffice.
The Advance joins the many friends of the young people in extending congratulations and best wishes for their future happiness. The wedding, which was otherwise a most auspicious event, was shorn of all the usual festivities on account of the feeble condition of Mrs. Moberly, who has been an invalid for more than a year. The climate of Indian Territory did not agree with her and last summer she returned to Worthington in the hope of regaining her health, but her recovery has not been as rapid as anticipated. Mr. Moberly also came up a couple of weeks ago to attend the wedding.
J.F. Cass and daughter, Grace passed through Worthington Tuesday on their way to Ladysmith, Wis., to visit relatives.
Round Lake.
From the Graphic.
B.C. Denkman who attended the banker's convention in Pipestone last week, arrived home last Friday forenoon, accompanied by his wife, who visited with relations in Lake Park a few days.
Miss Florence Barber, of Worthington, visited relatives here a few days the first of the week.
Mrs. M. Gregerson and children were down from Worthington the latter part of last week, visiting relatives.
N.H. Austin, of Worthington, drove to Round Lake last Saturday and took the afternoon train to some point in Iowa on business.
Mrs. Riley Davidson returned to the home of her parents, near Worthington, last Saturday, after a pleasant visit with friends near Round Lake.
From the News.
The Misses Mary Fischenich and Anna Scholtes, of this city, and Miss Mayme Kelley, of Little Rock, Ia., intend leaving about June 4th for Rochester, Minn., where they will enter a convent, with the intention of joining the Sisterhood.
From the Tribune.
Mr. O.H. Tilman has purchased the residence property formerly owned by William Cleveland, of Slayton.
D.B. Kumler, of Worthington, was a visitor at the Peter VanHorssen and Coyer homes Saturday and Sunday.
W.G. Meyers, of Worthington, was a business visitor at Wilmont last Friday.
Indian Lake.
(Too late for last week.)
Mr. and Mrs. John Olund, of Clear Lake, Iowa, are here on a visit with their sons, Albert and George.
Mr. and Mrs. C.J. Wickstrom left last Monday for Worthington where they will make their future home.
Work on the new church began last Monday. Sam Swanson, of Worthington, has been given the contract and expects to complete it as soon as possible.
B. Bilsten had a well dug last week, finding water at 110 feet. He has also erected a windmill to pump the water.
J.O. Larson is making preparations for the erection of a large dwelling house this summer.
Rev. Oberg held services in the Langseth school house last Sunday afternoon.
News scarce.
Everybody very busy.
Nice little frost Sunday night.
Ben Young and his force unloaded a car of tile last Friday in about three hours.
W.F. Moss was also the recipient of a car of tile Friday.
Miss Pearl Hawkins arrived home from Iowa Saturday, where she has been in school for the last year.
L.R. Stansheck was in town Tuesday looking after the purchasing of some material for his farm northwest of town.
Thos. H. Crow, of Adrian, was here looking after his interests the last of the week.
Robert Meredith is disposing of his stock and farming implements, and says he is going to spend the 4th of July back in Illinois.
Wm. Pettis has come back to the land of the living, and will remain with us for a while at least.
Mrs. L.H. Hawkins was in Worthington Monday and Tuesday.
Mrs. S.T. Fair starts tomorrow (Thursday) to Spink, S.D. and to southeastern N.D., for a visit with her mother and sister.
Frank Bulick is doing a lot of improving around his house of late. His house has received a new dress, both inside and out.
Indian Lake.
Harry Russell left last Thursday for Dundee, where he expects to work for the railroad company.
Miss Mary Anstrom arrived from St. Paul last Thursday for a two weeks' visit with her mother.
Peter Cedargreen, of Boone, Iowa, returned home last Tuesday after a week's stay at his ranch in Bigelow township.
Henry Nystrom left last Wednesday for Sioux Falls, S.Dak., on business.
Philathea met with Misses Hannah and Minnie Nystrom last Monday evening.
Mrs. A. Hactor and Mrs. F.A. Vihlen left last Wednesday morning for a visit with friends at Spirit Lake, Iowa, returning in the evening.
From the Democrat.
C.E. Abbott of Worthington, was looking after business in this part of the county several days during the past week.
Mr. and Mrs. M.P. Thornton, who have been visiting friends and relatives at Franklin Grove, Ill. for the past two weeks, are expected home the first of the week.
W.L.O. Bartlett, the Worthington cigar maker, was here last Thursday. He has to get out of the Holy City every little while in order to find a few "kindred spirits."
Worthington is no longer know as "Dryville." It is now set down in the unofficial guide books as the "Holy City." Well, since Parsons left and Berkhimer isn't there all the time there may be some faint excuse for the name, though you may break up a stone quarry and throw the pieces indiscriminately into every street without hitting a saint.
From the Enterprise.
Ivan Pettit, of Worthington, was a guest of Arba Bedford over Sunday.
Rev. J.A. Thomas, a former pastor of the Presbyterian Church here but now of White Lake, S. Dak., has been here this week visiting friends.
Mrs. E.H. Bassett and children left last Friday for their new home at Maidstone, Can. She will stop at Macoun, while enroute, for a short visit with relatives.
Rev. Gibb was at LeSueur over Sunday and Rev. Meyer, of Beaver Creek, preached at the Presbyterian Church both morning and evening.
Miss Ethel Bloom, of Worthington, visited a couple of days this week at the home of Mrs. W.H. Christianson.
Dr. A.D. Bedford, of San Bernardino, Cal., visited here the past week with his mother, Mrs. J. Bedford, and other relatives.
From the Tribune.
P.J. Martin and wife came up from Worthington Wednesday to visit relatives and attend the lecture given by Father Sherman.
James Mackay, of Worthington, was here Wednesday, making a noise like tombstones.
Sheriff Fauskee and E.V. Voak came up from Worthington Wednesday to transact business in our hustling little town.
From the Signal.
Mrs. Katie Kain, of Worthington, spent a few days this week at the home of her daughters, Mesdames Guy Ostrom and James Runger.
Mrs. E.F. Clower returned Friday from Central Illinois, where she had been called four weeks ago on account of the serious illness of her father. Her father was stricken with paralysis on the 20th of April and lingered until May 11th, when he passed to the great beyond. Mrs. A.B. Clower, mother of Ye Editor, accompanied Mrs. E.F. to her home and expects to remain with us for a few months.
Mr. and Mrs. Ole Carlston, of Worthington, came down on Sunday afternoon and spent the time until the late train at the home of Mr. and Mrs.  Westby. Ole is still the foreman on one of the sections at the county capital.
Round Lake.
From the Graphic.
Earl Fullweiler commenced work in Worthington Monday in the Round house in the Omaha.
Sam Swanson, of Worthington, with a number of employes, began tearing down the Baptist Church, Monday, previous to the erection of a $3,500 structure.
Earl McBride is visiting at his old home at Alta, Iowa.
Robt. Erickson, of Brewster, was a county seat visitor Tuesday evening.
Lee Humiston has secured a position in a jewelry store in Minneapolis.
Mrs. A.O. Dickens is visiting at her old home at Webster City, Iowa.
Senator S.B. Bedford, of Rushmore, was a county seat visitor last Monday.
O.W. Hawkins, of Reading, favored the Advance with a pleasant call Wednesday afternoon.
Mrs. S.M. Stewart on Tuesday afternoon entertained a large paryt of lady friends at home.
Miss Marie Anstrom came down from St. Paul last week for a visit with her mother in Bigelow township.
A. Engbretsen, of Worthing, S. Dak., spent Sunday here visiting with his son, Druggist G.A. Engbretsen.
Mrs. Horace Goodale, of Luverne, attended the Moberly-Moore wedding, Tuesday. She is an aunt of the bride.
Peter Cedargren came up from Doon, Iowa, last week and spent a few days on his farm in Bigelow township.
R.H. Sykes, of Baylis, Ill., who owns the farm on Whisky [Whiskey] Ditch, was here the latter part of the week looking after his interests.
Rev. J.M. Bull, of Gentry, Ark., formerly pastor of the Methodist church in this place, called on friends here Monday afternoon.
C. Orsamus Sawyer, editor-in-chief of the Lismore Leader, passed through town Saturday on his way to Hull, Iowa, to visit his parents.

Miss Janey, of the High School faculty, was called to St. Paul Tuesday by the illness of her father whose case had taken a turn for the worse.
S.A. Harding came home from Minneapolis last week and will spend a few days here while his hand recovers from an injury received while at work.
J.S. Ramage has vacated part of the Forbes residence, and has stored most of his household goods in the green house on the premises and is also using part of that building for a kitchen. W.B. Stoutemyer, who recently bought the property, has moved in and taken possession of the first floor.
A. Oberman has moved into the Larson dwelling on Lake avenue. Mr. Oberman will hereafter give his attention to stock buying and will be pleased to hear from all having stock to sell. His phone number is 110-J-1.
The Moberly-Moore wedding was made the occasion of a family reunion, there being present: Mrs. H.H. Smith, of Stewart, Minn., Mrs. W.C. Poland, of Livermore, Colorado, daughters of R.W. Moberly and sisters of the bride. These with those who reside in this vicinity, completed the family circle, and added much to the enjoyment of the day.
J.M. Scriven was down from Seward Tuesday.
Miss Helen Anstrom returned last week from Boone, Iowa.
H.R. Rockwell made a trip to the twin cities the first of the week.
Banker Edwin Brickson, of Adrian, transacted business here Monday.
Mrs. G.A. Engresen [Engbretsen?] returned last Sunday from her visit in Minneapolis.
Mrs. Theresa Lenz, of Grand Prairie, had business before the Probate Court on Tuesday.
W.F. Moss was in town Tuesday attending a meeting of the board of county commissioners.
Rudolph Geyerman came down from Brewster Wednesday to attend the Gunsaulus lecture.
F.H. Nutter, of Minneapolis, a stockholder of the State Bank, was here on business Tuesday.
John A. Albinson, of Minneapolis, is down looking after business at the lumber yard and his farming interests.
Mrs. C.R. Loudermilk, of Galena, Kansas, spent a day here the first of the week, visiting her brother, Mr. J.F. Flynn.
County Treasurer E.K. Smith has had a busy week attending to belated taxpayers paying the first installment of the real estate taxes.
Robt. Erickson has sold out his business at Brewster and we understand has taken an interest with Mr. Patterson in the horse farm, north of town.
Frank Hand, of Bigelow township, who died at the St. Peter state hospital this week, was buried at the Catholic cemetery near this city Wednesday.
Mrs. Emma McIntosh and children have returned to Worthington to make their home. Mrs. McIntosh, who is the widow of a former pastor of the Congregational Church here, has been elected librarian for the Carnegie Library to take the place of Mrs. Sibley who has resigned.
Mrs. Lee Shell has returned from a visit with her parents in Minneapolis.
G.C. Fellows and family, of Elk, came in to attend the senior class play on Wednesday evening.
Mrs. Nede Jones entertained the Eucre Club on Tuesday afternoon, and a very enjoyable session is reported.
Claud Ventioner had his preliminary hearing Monday, and was held to the grand jury.
O.F. Blood and family have moved in with Mr. Otis Bigelow, Sr., and will rent their residence on Okabena street.
County Commissioner J.L. McConkey, of Brewster, was here Monday and Tuesday attending a board meeting.
Local News.
Born -- On May 22nd, to Mr. and Mrs. E.J. Jones, a daughter.
Rev. C.O. Swan held services in the Hedlund school house last Sunday afternoon at four o'clock.
Dr. and Mrs. F.M. Manson spent a number of days in Minneapolis last week.
Attorney John A. Cashel and A.M. Renner made a business trip to Reading last Sunday.
Local News.
Ora Oberman has gone to Elk River.
Dave Bear made a trip to Rushmore Monday.
T.A. Palmer mad a trip to Round Lake Tuesday.
Mart[k?] Greger_on made a business trip to Wilmont Tuesday.
Banker Ned Jones made a business trip to Reading Monday.
Miss Lottie Kunzman has gone to Sandwich, Ill. on a visit.
John Dual, Sr., of Pennsylvania, is here on a visit to his sons.
Julius Moll made a couple of trips to Round Lake Tuesday.
Cal Moen has transferred to the U.P. and now runs on that line in Utah.
M.R. Berkhimer, of the Wilmont Tribune, was at the county seat last Monday.
A.R. Albertus spent Decoration day visiting his father and mother at Owatonna.
Miss Lewis, of Wilmont, was a guest of her aunt, Mrs. Wetherall this week.
J.H. Blume has installed a new boiler to furnish power and steam in his laundry.
County Commissioner J.G. Murphy was over from Adrian Monday and Tuesday attending a meeting of the county board.
Dr. F. Manson returned yesterday after an absence of a week in Minneapolis, where he was called by the serious sickness of his mother.
W.E. Bloom has completed the job of moving the Edstrom residence for Dr. Dolan, and has placed it in its new location east of the Lutheran parsonage. A full sized basement will be put under it and it will be fitted up in a thorough modern manner before its occupancy by Dr. C.P. Dolan and family.

----End Transcription----

Microfilm, Worthington Advance; Minnesota Historical Society, St. Paul, MN; obtained March, 2008.

If you would like more information,
please contact Terri Mindock

The banner below has been added by the website host, and does not reflect any promotion by the author of these pages.