THIS page deals with my Gr-Gr-Grandfather GEORGE WASHINGTON CARVER Family of Lewis Co, Ky. George s/o Morgan Carver and his first (Unknown) wife. Morgans Children as I Have It Are: Richard- Elizabeth- GEORGE W.- Lettie- Francis- Phoebe- Jackson- Morgan Pierce- Emily- and 2 by 2nd wife Letta Johnson: Thomas and Cynthia. GO HERE TO REVIEW MORGAN FAMILY: CAROLYNS GENEALOGY
George Washington Carver b. 5 May 1812 d. 22 July 1878. He married Cynthia Oletha James 21 Aug 1837 Greenup Co,Ky. George and Cynthia raised their family on Rock Creek Road at Quincy, Ky there in Lewis County. They are in Carver-Davis Cemetery located beside Rock Creek Rd.
THEIR CHILDREN are:
HARRIETT A. b. 16 Aug 1837 d.10 Oct 1885 m. Benjamin Sheets 13 Oct 1858. Carver-Davis Cem.
George II and Cynthea Children:
(1) ZONA m. a Mr.Willis, a Henry Buhl, and Ben Elrig. Zona d. 9 Jan 1925
(2) ALBERT b. 1887. Albert was electrocuted woking at Wheeling Steel in W.Va 9 Jan 1925.
(3) CORA b. 29 Aug 1880 m. Edward Baughn. Cora died after 1959 prob. Ohio.
(4) FRANK b. 22 Jan 1891 d. 1954. He m. Etna Jones 20 Oct 1913. Edna (or Etna) d. 1975
(5) CHARLES b. 1894 d. 1938. Married Nora Collins. Nora d. 1964.
(6) CARRIE m. Mr.Ward, then Mr. Smiley.
George W. II m. #2 Malinda (Zornes) Davis, a widow 3 Apr 1908.
(1) EDNA L. 13 July 1907 to 23 July 1966, Carver-Davis Cem. She m. Mr. Brown.
(2)GEORGE W. 19 Feb 1910 to 23 July 1966. Married Dorothy Carter. George & Dorothy are in Sunset Cem. (Lewis Co).
(3) JESSE 23 Apr 1913 to 9 Sep 1969. Married Margaret O'Shea.
(4) LOUISE 6 May 1915 to 1949. She m. Archie Paul Lute.
(5) PAUL EUGENE 2 Sep 1918 to 25 July 1991. Married Opal Marie Carter 27 Aug 1936.
Harriett and Benjamin had one known son Alfred Sheets b. 2 Sep 1859 Lewis Co,Ky.
Carolyn Thomas d/o James Thomas & Phebe Carver
Cynthia and Jacob Book son Thomas Book m. Rosa Henderson of Greenup,Ky
Thomas Jefferson Carver age 28 living with his moher Cinthia 62, widow 1880 Carter Co,Ky census. Also a Rebecca age 23.
John W. listed 1880 census living next door to his mother with Lorenzo on other side. Lists Johns wife as Mary w/2 children: Jane and William.
Cynthia Oletha James parents Edward James (b.1900) & Phoebe Duncan, Edward s/o John W. James & Mary Polly Jackson. He m. Nancy Clarke, no children. Married Phoebe Duncan 27 Sep 1819 had 6 children then m. Perlina Messer 15 Oct 1837 had 5 children (I'm not sure about this but it's what I have in notes).
Here are some of my favorite websites:
Census Records | Vital Records | Family Trees & Communities | Immigration Records | Military Records Directories & Member Lists | Family & Local Histories | Newspapers & Periodicals | Court, Land & Probate | Finding Aids