1. DAVID KOPPRUNER was born between 1660 and 1684 in Gerlham, Upper Austria, Austria. He married Rosina WEIXLBAUMER on 22 April 1704. He died on 12 December 1738 in Hipping, Oberoesterreich, Upper Austria, Austria. The Koprunner family owned house #4 in Hipping. Information for this family line is from the tax assessments in St. Georgen, Austria, viewed in April 1997. They probably had more children but the tax rolls only listed the child who received the property. ROSINA WEIXLBAUMER was born between 1660 and 1684.
The only known child of David KOPPRUNER and Rosina WEIXLBAUMER was:
2. MATTHIAS KOPPRUNER (David ) was born on 12 November 1724 in Hipping, Oberoesterreich, Upper Austria, Austria. He married Barbara STIEGLER on 8 November 1746 in St. Georgen in Attergau. He died on 16 November 1795 in Hipping, Oberoesterreich, Upper Austria, Austria, at age 71. BARBARA STIEGLER was born on 14 September 1720 in Kemating, Upper Austria, Austria. She died on 16 October 1787 in Hipping at age 67.
The only known child of Matthias KOPPRUNER and Barbara STIEGLER was:
3. MATTHIAS KOPPRUNER (Matthias, David ) was born on 18 December 1751 in Hipping, Austria. He married Katharina WIENER on 10 February 1777 in St. Georgen in Attergau. He married Elisabeth KNOLL on 16 June 1811 in St. Georgen Catholic Church. He died on 7 January 1822 in Hipping, Austria, at age 70.
KATHARINA WIENER. No exact date of birth or her parents currently known. She was born in 1753 in Hipping. She died on 8 February 1811 in Hipping, Austria.
The two known children of Matthias KOPPRUNER and Katharina WIENER both born in Hipping, Austria, were:
ELISABETH KNOLL was born on 13 December 1769 in Eggenberg, Upper Austria. She died on 22 February 1826 in Hipping at age 56.
5. ANNA MARIA KOPPRUNER (Matthias, Matthias , David ) was born on 15 January 1786 in Hipping, Oberoesterreich, Upper Austria, Austria. She married Josef AIGNER on 12 November 1804 in St. Georgen Catholic Church, St. Georgen in Attergau, Upper Austria.
JOSEF AIGNER was born on 19 March 1770 in Buch, Oberoesterreich, Upper Austria, Austria. He died on 28 January 1855 in Hipping at age 84 in house #3. Information from the records of St. Georgen, viewed in May 1997. The Aigner family owned houses #4 and #17 in Hipping. House #3 was probably purchased around 1850. NOTE: Misc. Aigner records. Maria Aigner, died 25 May 1939 at Hipping #3. Josef Aigner, born 16 Nov 1936; son of Franz Aigner and Elisabeth Hrisinger Franz was the son of Anton Aigner and Johanna Himmanisfer (spelling?) Elisabeth was the dau of Josef Hisimeyer and Johanna Libl Johann Aigner, born 19 Dec 1938 in Buch #1: son of Johann Aigner and Maria Wachter Johann was the son of Franz Aigner and Maria Knoll Maria Wachter was the dau of Michael Wachter and Theresia Roiter Joseph Aigner, born 10 Dec 1828, Hipping #19, mother Anne Aigner, no father listed. Ursula Aigner, born 21 Oct 1836 Buch #10, father, George Aigner, mother ? (prob Theresa Henets) Buch #10, 11 February 1828, married, Johann George Aigner & Theresia Hemets
NOTE: Maria Schiemer, born on the 10th of February, 1836, married Michael Schachinger on 21 November 1853. (Maria's mother was Anna Aigner). She lived at Kriezing 8, Frankenmarkt.
The six known children of Anna Maria KOPPRUNER and Josef AIGNER were:
6. JACOB AIGNER (Anna Maria KOPPRUNER, Matthias , Matthias , David) was born on 21 July 1813 in Hipping, Oberoesterreich, Upper Austria, Austria. He married Anna Maria Leitenmayr on 27 July 1840 in St. Georgen in Attergau. He died on 3 May 1901 in Hipping at age 87. Information provided by Franz Aigner, personal interview in Hipping, April 1997. ANNA MARIA LEITENMAYR was born on 14 February 1821 in Loh, Oberoesterreich, Upper Austria, Austria. She died on 15 November 1888 in Hipping, Austria, at age 67.
The nine known children of Jacob AIGNER and Anna Maria Leitenmayr were:
7. FRANCISCUS AIGNER (Anna Maria KOPPRUNER, Matthias, Matthias, David ) was born on 22 December 1818 in Hipping, Oberoesterreich, Upper Austria, Austria. He married B>Maria STIEGLER on 18 May 1847 in St. Georgen in Attergau. He died on 22 December 1892 in Hipping at age 74. Information provided by his grandson, Franz, personal interview in Hipping, April, 1997. MARIA STIEGLER was born on 26 December 1826 in Kemating, Upper Austria, Austria. She died on 22 August 1881 in Hipping at age 54.
The six known children of Franciscus AIGNER and Maria STIEGLER were:
9. IGNATZ AIGNER (Anna Maria KOPPRUNER, Matthias , Matthias , David ) was born on 28 July 1827 in House #4, Hipping, Oberoesterreich, Upper Austria, Austria. He married Franziska Schiemer on 26 January 1845 in St. Georgian. He married Franziska WIENER, daughter of Joseph WIENER and Elizabetha (VAHBERGER) YAHBERGER, on 24 November 1846 in St. Georgen in Attergau, Oberoesterreich, Upper Austria. They owned a house in St. Georgen that they sold to Herman and Anna Hauser. This info is from the tax assessor records for St. Georgen. They left Austria and went to America in 1848. He married Christine WASEL, daughter of Terezie WASEL, on 15 July 1879 in Hillerdale Catholic Church, Carroll, Iowa. He died on 6 February 1913 in Rolfe, Pocahontas Co., Iowa, at age 85. He was buried in Clinton and Garfield Cemetery in Rolfe.
The only known child of Ignatz AIGNER and Franziska Schiemer was:
FRANZISKA WIENER was born on 20 September 1816 in Kritzing, Weiklenmarket, Oberoesterreich, Austria. She died in 1871 in Halbur, Carroll Co., Iowa. She was buried in Holy Angels Cemetery, Row 17. The tombstone is broken, it shows Franziska _ _ _ ner and the year 1871. No burial record could be found to confirm that this is her tombstone, however the time and location are correct.
The only known child of Ignatz AIGNER and Franziska WIENER was:
CHRISTINE WASEL was born on 8 December 1854 in Pecin, Czechoslovakia, Bohemia. She left her son, Anton, with her mother when she left Pecin. She was one of three children of Terezie who was born March 8, 1812 and died August 15, 1900 in Pocahontas Co., Iowa. He is buried at Calvary Cemetery. Christine had a brother, Wencel Wasel, born Sept. 28, 1852 in Pecin and died in Nampa, Idaho on Nov. 2, 1910. Her sister, Anna Wasel was born in 1860 in Pecin and died in 1944. She is also buried in Calvary Cemtery. Terezie brought Christina's son, Anton with him when he came in 1894,according to "Zimmerman's German Immigrants" from Bremen Germany to N.Y. to Illinois. The family rumor is that Christina was a "mail order bride" and Ignatz paid for her to come to America. She died on 8 July 1949 in Rolfe, Pocahontas Co., Iowa, at age 94.
The children of Ignatz AIGNER and Christine WASEL were:
28. FRANZISKA AIGNER (Ignatz, Anna Maria KOPPRUNER, Matthias, Matthias, David) was born on 25 December 1847 in Hipping. She married John Frank MEYER, son of Casper Andrew MEYER and Mary Elizabeth Kimberman, on 18 January 1864 in St. Lucas Catholic Church in St. Lucas, Iowa. On January 15, 1865, John and Franziska bought 40 acres from his father. They sold the land back to him on February 18, 1867, just two years later. They moved to Greenwall in Dallas Co. where two of their children were born. Around 1874 they moved west again to the little town of Halbur in Carroll Co.
The 1870 census for Greenwall shows the family: John F., age 32, a farmer, born in Pennsylvania; his wife, Francis, age 22; Frank, age 4; Francis, age 2, and Mary, 6 months old. The 1880 census for Roselle in Carroll Co. shows the family: John F., age 43, a farmer, born in Pennsylvania; his wife, Franziska, age 32, born in Germany; Frank, age 14; Franziska, age 12; Mary, age 10; Lizzie, age 6; Joseph, age 4; Barney, age 2; and Dina, age 4 months. Also living with them is Leopolt Aigner, age 51, the brother of Ignatz Aigner, Franziska's father. She died on 6 December 1917 in Montrose, Sioux Co., Nebraska, at age 69. Obituary of Frances Aigner Meyer: At the age of seven years she came with her parents to America, settling first in Illinois and two years later the family moved to Fayette county Iowa, where she was married to John F. Meyer on January 18, 1864. To this union ten children were born, all of whom are living but three. She was a patient sufferer for many years and her death was not unexpected. On December 3rd she had a paralytic stroke from which she did not revive. She leaves to mourn her death, her husband and seven children, three sons, Frank I., Barney and John, and four daughters, Mrs. Joseph Konrath, Mrs. Anton Meckem, Mrs. John Hourt, and Mrs. Theodore Zurn; also sixteen grandchildren and Miss Frances Boffer, whom she raised from infancy and whom she always loved as one of her own children. Frances has been with her through her last illness and cared for her as only a fond, loving daughter could. The children were all with her when she passed away. Mr. Meyer was a devout Christian and a kind and loving wife and mother, and will be greatly missed by all. Funeral services were held at the Montrose Catholic church on December 7th by Father Moser after which the remains were laid to rest in the Catholic cemetery there. NOTE: This obituary was found in the possessions of Mary Zurn.
The 10 known children of Franziska AIGNER and John Frank MEYER were:
He appeared on the census of 1910 in Hat Creek, Sioux Co., Nebraska; Meyer, Barney, age 32, single, born in Iowa; John F., age 71, married 46 years, born in PA.; Francis, age 62, born in Austria; Mary A., age 25, born in Iowa and Katherine, age 22, born in Nebraska. Barney and Mary lived on the home place. They adopted a son, Leon Clayton. After their deaths, Leon was raised by relatives. He served in World War II, later married and lived in California. This obituary was found in the possessions of Helen Konrath Reuter. (Barney was her uncle.) "EARLY RESIDENT OF COUNTY DIES OF HEART AILMENT SUNDAY The many firends of Barney eyer were grieved to learn of his death which occurred at the Hot Springs Hospital on Suncay. Mr. Meyer was taken to the hospital Feburary 9th, suffering with a heart ailment which was the cause of his death. His health had been poorly for the past two years. Barney Meyer was born near Carroll, Iowa, January 12, 1878 and passed away February 17, 1935 at the Sisters' Hospital in Hot Springs, S.D. at age 57 years, 1 month and 5 days. He came to Nebraska with his parents in 1887 and settled on ahomestead near Bodarc where he resided until the time of his death. He was united in marriage with Miss Mary Roth of Parkston, South Dakota on February 11, 1920. To this union was born one daughter who died in infancy. He leaves to mourn his untimely passing his adopted son, Leon Joseph Roth who made his home with Mr. Meyer for the past twelve years, one brother, John of Harrison, three sisters, Mrs. Anton Mecken of Crawford, Mrs. John Hourt and Mrs. Theodore Zurn of Harrison, besides numerous other relatives and friends. He was respected by all who knew him for his kind and loving disposition and his ever helpful hand. Funeral services were conducted at the Immaculate Conception Church at Montrose, Tuesday, Feb. 19, the Rev. C. N. Biever officiating. Internment was made in Montrose Cemetery beside his beloved wife who preceded him in death six years ago."
. ANNA MARIE AIGNER (Ignatz) was born on 7 November 1880 in Iowa. She married Joseph Anton BIEDERMANN, son of Anton Joseph BIEDERMANN and Elizabeth DIVISHEK, on 6 August 1901 in Rolf, Iowa. She died on 8 July 1949 in Rolf at age 68. Buried at St. Margaret's Cemetery in Rolf.
JOSEPH ANTON BIEDERMANN was born in 1876 in Bohemia.
The four known children of Anna Marie AIGNER and Joseph Anton BIEDERMANN were:
33. ELIZABETH MEYER (Franziska AIGNER, Ignatz , Anna Maria KOPPRUNER, Matthias, Matthias , David ) was born on 22 August 1874 in St. Lucas, Fayette Co., Iowa. She married Joseph KONRATH, son of Herman KONRATH and Mary Catherine DRECKMANN, on 25 November 1895 in Immaculate Conception Catholic Church, Montrose. She died on 3 January 1933 in St. Joseph's Hospital, Alliance, Box Butte, Nebraska, at age 58. Buried at Montrose.
She left a will "I, Elizabeth Konrath, being of sound mind and disposing memory, recognizing the uncertainty of life and the absolute certainty of death do hereby make, ordain and publish this instrument as and for my last Will and Testamenmt, hereby revoking any and all former Wills and Testaments that may have been by me heretofor made. First, I hereby order and request that all my funeral expenses be first paid. Second, I hereby bequeath all my personal and real property to my children, namely; Frances, Joseph, Herman, Helen, Henry Florian, and Luella, to each share and share alike; with the following exceptions. Exception #1. To my daughter Helen, I bequeath in particular my set of silverware, composed of six knives, six forks, twelve teaspoons, six desert spoons. Exception #2. To my daughter Luella, I bequeath in particular, one oak dresser with one small or narrow top drawer and two wide drawers directly below. Lastly: I hereby nominate and appoint Frances (Konrath) Wasserburger and Joseph Konrath Jr. my oldest daughter and son respectfully, as Executors of this my Last Will and Testament, and request that they be not required to give bond as such executors. Witness my hand this 31 day of Dec. in the year of our Lord 1932.
JOSEPH KONRATH was born on 7 February 1870 in Cedar Creek, Washington Co., Wisconsin. He was baptized on 7 February 1870 in St. Peter's, Schleisingerville, Washington Co., Wisconsin. He bought land from his father and built his home in TWP 34 Range 54. (Sioux Co. land records V. C pages 256 and 258.) He died on 15 October 1927 in Hot Springs, Fall River Co., South Dakota, at age 57. Buried at Immaculate Conception Cemetery at Montrose.
The seven known children of Elizabeth MEYER and Joseph KONRATH all born in Montrose were:
36. ANNA BERNADINE MEYER (Franziska AIGNER, Ignatz , Anna Maria KOPPRUNER, Matthias , Matthias , David ) was born on 31 January 1880 in Halbur, Carroll Co., Iowa. She was baptized on 1 February 1880 in Holy Angeles Catholic Church. She married Anton MECKEN in 1898. She died in 1946 in Crawford, Dawes Co., Nebraska; buried at the Crawford Cemetery. ANTON MECKEN was born on 4 February 1873 in Dusseldorf. He came to the United States at the age of 12 with his father, Anton and his sister Kate to join his older brothers, John and Nicholas in Ohmha. They moved to Crawford in 1888 and then homesteaded on the Little Cottonwood Creek. He was a farmer/rancher. He died circa 1942 in Crawford, Dawes Co., Nebraska. Buried in the Crawford Cemetery.
The eight known children of Anna Bernadine MEYER and Anton MECKEN were:
39. MARIE ANNA MEYER (Franziska AIGNER, Ignatz , Anna Maria KOPPRUNER, Matthias , Matthias , David ) was born on 20 September 1885 in Halbur, Carroll Co., Iowa. She was baptized on 20 September 1885 in Holy Angeles Catholic Church. She married John HOURT on 9 May 1916 in Montrose, Nebraska. She died on 23 June 1953 in Harrison at age 67. She was buried at St. Mary's Cemetery in Harrison.
She filed on a homestead northwest of Harrison. She was living there when she received a letter from John Hourt of North Dakota.Anna and John lived about 11 miles northwest of Harrison. After John's death, she sold the ranch and moved to Casper. JOHN HOURT was born on 22 May 1886 in Rambrough, Luxembourg. He served in the German Army for three years and came to America in 1907. He was working on a ranch in North Dakota and a friend told him about a girl in Sioux County and so John wrote Anna the letter. After he came to Sioux Co. to meet her, they fell in love and were married. They lived on the Joe Meyer homestead and purchased the Barney Meyer place and the Tatman place. After Joe Meyer died, Anna traded her land to the estate for his land. They had about 1735 acres.
He probably had a brother, Alphonse, who died in March 1975 in Harrison. He died on 3 January 1939 in Harrison at age 52. Heart attack. He was buried in St. Mary's Cemetery, Harrison.
The six known children of Marie Anna MEYER and John HOURT were:
40. CATHERINE MARY MEYER (Franziska AIGNER, Ignatz , Anna Maria KOPPRUNER, Matthias , Matthias , David ) was born on 3 November 1889 was born on a farm at Hat Creek near the '5 points' area south of Montrose. She married Theodore Hubert ZURN on 6 March 1916 in St. John's Catholic Church, Crawford, Nebraska. Attendants at their marriage were Mary A. Zurn, sister of the groom, and John Meyer, brother of the bride. The couple spent their honeymoon in Hot Springs, South Dakota and the surrounding area. She died on 23 April 1940 in Harrison at age 50. She had cataract surgery in 1938 and suffered from asthma. Died from .Pneumonia. She was buried at St. Mary's Cemetery in Harrison. THEODORE HUBERT ZURN was born on 7 February 1883 in Breda, Carroll Co., Iowa; came to Sioux County with his parents, Adam and Rosina Schachtner Zurn in 1885 and settled east of Montrose, near Adelia. He was living on a farm northeast of Crawford at the time of his marriage. Theodore and Catherine lived on a farm 13 miles northwest of Harrison, part of which was the original homestead of Catherine, in addition to land purchased from Eve Boyles and some rented land to the west in Wyoming. On a clear day, one could see the Rawhide Buttes and the top of Laramie Peak from their west dining room window. Their closest neighbors were Hilly Boyles, Lew Witts and John Hourts. They raised cattle, grain and hay, chickens and pigs. They had 6-7 milk cows and sold cream and eggs. A garden provided fresh vegetables and canned vegetables for the winter. In 1929 they bought a Fordson tractor. Theodore built the stacker and hay sweep. Theodore played the fiddle and Catherine played the organ. They often played for neighborhood dances. Theodore was the treasurer for the school board and often school teachers boarded wtih the family. After they bought the Davis house in Harrison, Theodore was the main carpenter for the Harrison Grade School. He died on 26 August 1964 in Hemingford at age 81; was buried at St. Mary's Cemetery in Harrison.
The three known children of Catherine Mary MEYER and Theodore Hubert ZURN all born in Harrison were:
He served in the Air Force served in World War II. He was a Master Sergeant and a radio operator in the 8th Air Force. He served as dispatcher tower radio operator at Vila Coublay Air Dome in Paris. He ended military service in January 1946.
41. FRANCIS ELIZABETH KONRATH (Elizabeth MEYER, Franziska AIGNER) was born on 2 August 1897 in Montrose. She married Wilford Dennis WASSERBURGER, son of Jacob Joseph WASSERBURGER and Helena Dorothy GAYHART, on 6 September 1922 in Nebraska. She died on 16 June 1971 in Lusk, Wyoming, at age 73. WILFORD DENNIS WASSERBURGER was born on 20 June 1895 in Edgemont, Fall River Co., South Dakota. He died on 23 June 1975 in Lusk, Niobrara, Wyoming, at age 80.
The 10 known children of Francis Elizabeth KONRATH and Wilford Dennis WASSERBURGER were:Konrath
42. JOSEPH JOHN KONRATH (Elizabeth MEYER, Franziska AIGNER ) was born on 1 January 1900 in Montrose. He married Frances OLIVE BUKER on 24 October 1929 in Catholic Church, Ardmore, South Dakota. He died on 5 July 1978 in Chadron, Dawes Co., Nebraska, at age 78. FRANCES OLIVE BUKER was born on 28 January 1906 in Lawrence, Nebraska. She died between 1990 and 1991 in Chadron. They had four children.
43. HERMAN JOHN KONRATH (Elizabeth MEYER, Franziska AIGNER ) was born on 19 June 1902 in Montrose. He married Dorothy Clara HANSEN on 3 May 1929 in St. Aloysius, Ardmore, South Dakota. He died on 19 April 1979 in Hot Springs, Fall River Co., South Dakota, at age 76. DOROTHY CLARA HANSEN was born on 29 March 1910 in Davis, South Dakota; She was known as Dora. She died on 14 January 1976 in Rapid City, Pennington Co., South Dakota, at age 65.
The six known children of Herman John KONRATH and Dorothy Clara HANSEN were:
44. HELEN THERESA KONRATH (Elizabeth MEYER, Franziska AIGNER ) was born on 11 May 1905 in Montrose. She married Edmund Bernard REUTER, son of George Frederick REUTER and Ludovica Anna MAUS, on 18 June 1938 in St. Elizabeth's Catholic Church, Milwaukee, Wisconsin. She died on 25 February 1991 in Milwaukee at age 85. She was buried in Wisconsin Memorial Park, Brookfield. EDMUND BERNARD REUTER was born on 7 February 1913 in Mequon, Ozaukee Co., Wisconsin. He attended St. James grade school and was an altar boy. He attended Messer High School in Milwaukee. He was baptized on 10 February 1913 in St. James Catholic Church, Mequon. He died on 22 July 1994 in West Allis Memorial Hospital, West Allis, at age 81; He was buried pn 25 July 1994 from St. Mathias Catholic Church to Wisconsin Memorial Park in Brookfield.
The two known children of Helen Theresa KONRATH and Edmund Bernard REUTER were:Konrath
45. HENRY BERNARD KONRATH (Elizabeth MEYER, Franziska AIGNER ) was born on 26 August 1908 in Montrose. He married Imogene HENRY on 14 April 1931 in Nebraska. He died on 23 September 1985 in Chadron, Dawes Co., Nebraska, at age 77. IMOGENE HENRY was born circa 1910. They had six children.
FLORIAN KONRATH (Elizabeth MEYER, Franziska AIGNER, Ignatz , Anna Maria KOPPRUNER ) was born on 25 July 1910 in Montrose. He married Catherine Ann (Katie) THOMAS, daughter of Charles THOMAS and Mary Ida Craig, on 8 September 1934 in St. Johns Church, Crawford, Nebraska. He died on 26 April 1997 in Glenrock, Wyoming, at age 86. Internment in Glenwood Cemetery. CATHERINE ANN (KATIE) THOMAS was born on 7 June 1912 in Andrews, Dawes Co., Nebraska.
The six known children of Florian KONRATH and Catherine Ann (Katie) THOMAS were:Konrath
47. LOUELLA MARY KONRATH (Elizabeth MEYER, Franziska AIGNER ) was born on 6 January 1913 in Montrose. She married Leo O'CONNELL on 25 July 1932 in St. Aloysius, Ardmore, South Dakota. She died in 1975 in Salt Lake City, Utah as the reslt of an automobile accident near Hotkiss or Montrose in Colorado. LEO O'CONNELL was born between 1905 and 1912 in Nebraska. Konrath
The only known child of Frances HOURT and GLEN FUNK was:
There were no known children of Frances HOURT and Gary MACK.
The only known child of Mary HOURT and CON HUGHES was:
62. ROSELLA FRANCES ZURN (Catherine Mary MEYER, Franziska AIGNER) was born on 25 February 1917 in Harrison. She married Frederick MENG, son of George MENG, on 16 May 1939 in Nebraska. She died on 2 July 1975 in Alliance, Box Butte Co., Nebraska, at age 58 of bone cancer. FREDERICK MENG was born on 28 July 1916. He was a service station operator and worked for Alliance Consumers Corp. He died in March 1976 in Alliance, Box Butte Co., Nebraska, at age 59 of heart attack complications.
The 10 known children of Rosella Frances ZURN and Frederick MENG were:Meyer
Census Records | Vital Records | Family Trees & Communities | Immigration Records | Military Records Directories & Member Lists | Family & Local Histories | Newspapers & Periodicals | Court, Land & Probate | Finding Aids