- Born: 22 Nov 1843, Hemsworth, Yorkshire, England
- Christened: 18 Dec 1843, Little Driffield, Yorkshire, England
- Marriage: Margaret BROADLEY on 25 Jul 1864 in Great Driffield, , Yorkshire, England
- Died: 10 Jan 1877, Awa-Iti, Coromandel, New Zealand at age 33
- Buried: 12 Jan 1877, Mangonui, Northland, New Zealand
Tom sailed to New Zealand with wife Margaret and daughter Sarah from London on 10th Feb 1865 on board the ship " Lancashire Witch " and arrived in Auckland on 2 June 1865. They were assisted immigrants. Thomas and his wife Margaret (nee Broadley ) along with James Turner and his wife Margaret ( nee Ushaw ) were among the families selected by W. Daldy to come to N.Z . Thomas applied for 10 acre land at Oruru 17/8/1868 , this was deleted in the register and replaced by allotment 102 Parish of Monganui.
Thomas married Margaret BROADLEY, daughter of Thomas BROADLEY and Hannah POTTER, on 25 Jul 1864 in Great Driffield, , Yorkshire, England. (Margaret BROADLEY was born on 15 Dec 1845 in Hutton Cranswick, Yorkshire, England, christened on 4 Jan 1846 in Kilnwick, Yorkshire, England, died on 21 Feb 1905 in Rangiahua, Northland, New Zealand and was buried in Rangiahua, Northland, New Zealand.)