- Born: 6 Feb 1791, Wembury, Devonshire, England 71,72,73,74,212,1836
- Christened: 6 Feb 1791, Wembury, Devonshire, England 71,72,73
- Marriage: Mary about 1820 72
- Died: 1 Aug 1864, St. Andrews, Plymouth, Devonshire, England at age 73 71,72,73,1837
It is not known when Samuel made the move from Wembury to Plymouth, which is only six miles away. The early 1800's were a time of great mobility in England, and it was not uncommon for those living in rural areas to make the move to the larger cities and towns in search of work. The early Census records of the Plymouth, St Andrew area in 1841 show Samuel living in New Street with 9 children.
Census records of the Plymouth, St Andrew area in 1851 show Samuel aged 59, a labourer living at 8 and 9 Pin Lane.
Died aged 73yrs
Noted events in his life were:
• Occupation: Ship Builder. 71,72,73
Samuel married Mary about 1820.72 (Mary was born about 1791 in Plymouth, Devonshire, England 71,72,73,74,212,1836,1838 and died on 19 Sep 1871 in St. Andrews, Plymouth, Devonshire, England 71,72,73,1839.)