- Born: 1833, Cork, Cork, Munster, Ireland
- Marriage (1): George Thomas GIBSON
- Marriage (2): Richard George HERBERT about 1867 in Eaglehawk, Victoria, Australia
- Died: 14 Jun 1921, Kew, Victoria, Australia at age 88
- Buried: 15 Jun 1921, Boroondara Cemetery, Kew, Victoria, Australia
Another name for Katherine was Kathleen YOUNG.
The Argus Thursday 16 June 1921 Page 1
HERBERT - On the 14th June, at the residence of her youngest daughter, Mrs. Herbert Shepard, "Ein Cartref" 217 Cotham Rd, Kew, Kathleen, relict of Richard George Herbert, late at Eaglehawk. A colonist of 72 years.
(Private Interment, Boroondara Cemetery.)
"So He giveth His beloved sleep."
The Argus Wednesday 22 June 1921. Page 1.
HERBERT. - On the 14th June at Cotham road, Kew, Kathleen, relict of the late Richard G Herbert, Eaglehawk, and beloved mother of Mrs Brown (Annie, Queensland, deceased), Mr Armstrong (Broken Hill), Harry (Queensland), Mr Clark (Dolly, Western Australia, deceased), Mrs Hancock (Castlemaine), Mrs Shepard (Kew), aged 88 years.
Katherine married George Thomas GIBSON. (George Thomas GIBSON died in Feb 1858 in Eaglehawk, Victoria, Australia.)
Katherine next married Richard George HERBERT, son of George HERBERT and Harriet WHITWORTH, about 1867 in Eaglehawk, Victoria, Australia. (Richard George HERBERT was born in 1832 in Kent, England.)