- Born: 16 Sep 1803, Heslington, , Yorkshire, England
- Christened: 2 Oct 1803, Heslington, , Yorkshire, England
- Marriage: William HILDRETH on 12 Oct 1826 in St Helen's, York, Yorkshire, England
- Died: 3 Jul 1897, Nelson, Nelson, New Zealand at age 93
Noted events in her life were:
• Death Notice. Colonist, Volume XL, Issue 8969, 6 July 1897, Page 2
MRS. MARY HILDRETH.
In yesterday's issue we briefly, referred to the death of Mrs Hildreth, Deceased came out with her husband, the late Mr William Hildreth, some fifty-four years ago, and they went through all the hardships and privations of the pioneer settlers of this district. Her husband, who died in 1880, at the age of 83 years, took an interest in educational matters, and his name appears among the list of the first Trustees of the Nelson School Society, his colleagues being Matthew Campbell, T. J. Thompson, A. G. Jenkins, and Dr. Renwick. Mr Hildreth lived for some years at Brightwater, and named his farm Mount Heslington, after the family estate at Home. Mrs Hildreth lived to see two Jubilees celebrated, that of George 111. and that of Queen Victoria. The old lady had reached her 93rd year, and she departed this life honored and respected by all who knew her.
Mary married William HILDRETH, son of Thomas HILDRETH and Catharine, on 12 Oct 1826 in St Helen's, York, Yorkshire, England. (William HILDRETH was born about 1797 in Heslington, , Yorkshire, England, christened on 22 Feb 1799 in Christ-Church, York, Yorkshire, England and died in 1880 in Nelson, Nelson, New Zealand.)