Gladys Maud COWDREY
- Born: 29 Jul 1900, 31 Botany Street, Waterloo, New South Wales, Australia
- Marriage: Joseph Adam John Robert William ZUBER on 29 Aug 1918 in Botany, , New South Wales, Australia
- Died: 3 Apr 1998, Berala Nursing Home, Berala, New South Wales, Australia at age 97
- Buried: 4 Apr 1998, Rookwood Crematorium, Lidcombe, New South Wales, Australia
GLADYS MAUD COWDREY was born 29 July 1900 at 31 Botany Street, Waterloo NSW. Gladys was present when she was registered. The certificate shows her father as George Cowdrey, Boot finisher, 26 years, Waterloo NSW. Date and place of marriage 19th May 1897 Sydney. Previous issue. Doris 3 years 24.6.97. Hilda 2 living, non deceased. Mother. Grace Hourn 24 Murrurundi NSW. Witness:- Mrs Downey. A copy of the certificate was issued on 23rd April 1986.
Gladys married JOSEPH ADAM JOHN ROBERT WILLIAM ZUBER on 31 August 1918. The officiating minister was William Thomas Price, Rector of St Matthews Church, Botany. The certificate lists his name as Joseph Adam John Robert William Zuber, 22 years, Labourer of Rawson Street Mascot, Batchelor and her name as Gladys Maud Cowdrey, Domestic Duties of Hall Street Bondi, Spinster. The witnesses were Arthur B C Fletcher and George Fletcher. The consent of her father, George Cowdrey, was obtained as Gladys was only 18 years. Joseph Zuber's father is Joseph Zuber, Labourer and his mother is Agnes Rogers (deceased). The bride's parents are listed as George Cowdrey, Boot Repairer and Grace Freeman Hourn.
Joe and Maud ran a poultry farm in the early part of their marriage and they had one child, GRACE PEARL ZUBER 10th October 1919. Sadly Grace only lived for 3 months and died on 10th January 1919. Then in retirement Joe and Maud moved to Booker Bay where they lived a few doors from Grace and Lyle Lambert and enjoyed the fishing benefits of living in such a beautiful spot. They then moved to Miranda NSW. Joe died aged 76 years in 1972 and Maud moved to Caringbah. For approx. the last 20 years of her life Maud was a resident at the Berala Nursing home.
Gladys Maud Zuber died on 3rd April 1998 at Berala Nursing Home, Berala NSW. She was 97 years. Children:- Grace P. Parents:- George Cowdrey, Grace Freeman HORNE. Cause of Death:- (a) Myocardial degeneration 3 months (b) Atrial fibrillation 10 years. Certified by Dr J L Albertson. The informant was G Fletcher, 1/8 Kerr Pde, Auburn NSW. Nephew. Maud was cremated 8 April 1998 at Rookwood Gardens Crematorium, Rookwood. NSW and her ashes were scattered and no plaque was erected.
Noted events in her life were:
• Also Known As: MAUD.
• Birth Source: Copy of Birth Certificate, 29 Jul 1900.
• Birth Rego: Registered by mother, Register No 64 Certificate No A27356, 5 Sep 1900.
• Occupation 1: Domestic Duties age 18 (Source: Marriage Cert.), 31 Aug 1918.
• Residence 1: Hall Street, Bondi, 31 Aug 1918.
• Occupation 2: Poultry Farmer's Wife, 1919.
• Residence 2: Berala Nursing Home age 97(Source: Death Cert.), 1998.
• Death Place: Berala Nursing Home, Berala NSW(Source: Death Cert.), 3 Apr 1998.
• Death Reason: Atrial Fibrillation, Myocardial degeneration, 3 Apr 1998.
• Death Notice: SYDNEY Morning Herald (Source: Ryerson Index), 7 Apr 1998.
• Cremation: ROOKWOOD GARDENS CREMATORIUM NSW, 8 Apr 1998.
• Death Rego: Informant - G. Fletcher(Nephew)Registration No 11395/1998, 16 Apr 1998.
• Death Source: Ryerson Index SMH, 4 Jul 1998.
Gladys married Joseph Adam John Robert William ZUBER on 29 Aug 1918 in Botany, , New South Wales, Australia. (Joseph Adam John Robert William ZUBER was born on 3 May 1896 in Buckland Street, Alexandria, New South Wales, Australia and died on 6 Jun 1972 in Caringbah, , New South Wales, Australia.)