- Born: Cir 1827, Holywell, Flintshire, Wales
- Christened: 22 Apr 1828, Chester Rd. Wesleyan, Holywell, Flintshire, Wales
- Marriage (1): Jane circa 1845
- Marriage (2): Annie Cresswell BRIDGER on 27 Aug 1883 in Registrar's Office, Nelson, Nelson, New Zealand
- Died: 1900, Nelson,Nelson,New Zealand at age 73
- Buried: 15 Jan 1900, Wakapuaka Cemetery,Nelson,New Zealand
Colonist, Volume IX, Issue 884, 20 April 1866, Page 2
The annual sitting of the local and district Magistrates tookt place on Tuesday in the Court House, for the purpose of disposing of the applications for public-house and hotel licenses. There were on the bench Mr Poynter, Resident Magistrate, Messrs Wells, Barnicoat, Morse, Oliver, Brunnor, Jas. Mackay, sen., Jas. Mackay, jun., David Bough, and George White, Justices. Licenses were granted to the undermentioned applicants within the boundary of the City of Nelson. The lines in italics indicate new houses not previously licensed
John Gagliardi, Geelong and Ballaarat Hotel, Bridge Street.
Joseph Edwards, Prince of Wales Hotel, Collingwood Street.
Joseph married Jane circa 1845. (Jane was born circa 1827, died on 25 Mar 1870 in Nelson, Nelson, New Zealand and was buried in Wakapuaka Cemetery,Nelson,New Zealand.)
Joseph next married Annie Cresswell BRIDGER, daughter of James BRIDGER and Eliza PARKER, on 27 Aug 1883 in Registrar's Office, Nelson, Nelson, New Zealand. (Annie Cresswell BRIDGER was born in Sep 1856 aboard Vessel "Cresswell", died on 26 Jan 1921 in Hawera, Taranaki, New Zealand and was buried on 29 Jan 1921 in Hawera, Taranaki, New Zealand.)