They farmed in Scrabby and lived in the ancestral home but sold up in 1943 and moved north to a farm near Ivinstown, Fermanagh. Had two sons. One of these sons, William Noel Kells is a Kells family researcher. Scrabby eventually passed into the hands of Noel's father Samuel Ernest Elliot Kells who was the youngest son of William Kells and Susan Carson. As Noel states, the curtain fell on the Kells ownership of Scrabby in 1943 after at least 150 years of occupation by the family. This was one of the least researched of the Kells sites in the Ballyconnell region.