RELEASE DATE: DECEMBER 3, 2006
P. O. Box 6825
LUBBOCK, TX 79493-6825
Good news for people seeking gifts for the family genealogist: Genealogical Publishing Co. has put twelve CDs on sale until December 31, 2006. If you order before that date, you can save $10 on each CD. Among those offered are GENEALOGIES OF VIRGINIA FAMILIES FROM THE WILLIAM AND MARY COLLEGE QUARTERLY and PENNSYLVANIA COLONIAL RECORDS, 1600s - 1800s.
The first CD contains images of all five volumes of GENEALOGIES OF VIRGINIA FAMILIES. The set incorporates the family history articles and Bible records originally published in THE WILLIAM AND MARY COLLEGE QUARTERLY from 1892 to 1943, when genealogical contributions ceased. Although some material has been corrected and updated since its publication, the approximately 500 genealogies provide valuable data on more than 100,000 individuals.
Also on the CD are images of the classic reference VIRGINIA GLEANINGS IN ENGLAND by Lothrop Withington. The "gleanings" consist of abstracts of 17th and 18th century English wills and administrations that relate to Virginia and Virginians. The material is a consolidation of 85 articles published in THE VIRGINIA MAGAZINE OF HISTORY AND BIOGRAPHY during the years 1903 - 1929. Withington contributed the articles from 1903 until his death in 1916. Then Leo Culleton took Withington's unpublished material and continued writing the articles. Anyone researching families in the Old Dominion State will welcome a copy of GENEALOGIES OF VIRGINIA FAMILIES FROM THE WILLIAM AND MARY COLLEGE QUARTERLY.
Because so many settlers lived in or passed through the Keystone State, a large number of family researchers will be interested in the second CD, PENNSYLVANIA COLONIAL RECORDS, 1600s - 1800s. It contains images of twelve basic works. The books are
1) VIRGINIA COURT RECORDS IN SOUTHWESTERN PENNSYLVANIA: RECORDS OF THE DISTRICT OF WEST AUGUSTA AND OHIO AND YOHOGANIA COUNTIES, VIRGINIA, 1775 - 1780 by Boyd Crummins;
2) INDEX TO PENNSYLVANIA'S COLONIAL RECORDS SERIES by Mary Dunn;
3) EARLY PENNSYLVANIA LAND RECORDS: MINUTES OF THE BOARD OF PROPERTY OF THE PROVINCE OF PENNSYLVANIA by William Henry Egle;
4) COLONIAL AND REVOLUTIONARY FAMILIES, VOLUMES 1-3 by John W. Jordan;
5) NAMES OF FOREIGNERS WHO TOOK THE OATH OF ALLEGIANCE TO THE PROVINCE AND STATE OF PENNSYLVANIA, 1727 - 1775 by William Henry Egle;
6) PERSONS NATURALIZED IN THE PROVINCE OF PENNSYLVANIA, 1740 - 1773 by William Henry Egle and John B. Linn;
7) NAMES OF PERSONS WHO TOOK THE OATH OF ALLEGIANCE TO THE STATE OF PENNSYLVANIA BETWEEN THE YEARS 1777 AND 1789 by Thompson Westcott;
8) ABSTRACTS FROM BEN FRANKLIN'S PENNSYLVANIA GAZETTE, 1728 - 1748 by Kenneth Scott;
9) GENEALOGICAL ABSTRACTS FROM 'THE AMERICAN WEEKLY MERCURY,' 1719 - 1746 by Kenneth Scott;
10) ABSTRACTS FROM THE PENNSYLVANIA GAZETTE, 1748 - 1755 by Kenneth Scott and Janet R. Clarke.
Since this CD furnishes information from such a wide variety of resources, it identifies approximately 200,000 individuals in early Pennsylvania. Genealogists trying to find information on people during the colonial and Revolutionary eras may find useful data on PENNSYLVANIA COLONIAL RECORDS, 1600s - 1800s.
Even if a researcher already has some of the books mentioned above, he or she may enjoy having a CD of them as well since the CD can be a time-saving asset. For example, if the researcher wishes to make a copy of a few pages, it is quicker to print it off from the computer than to drive to a store to make copies. Using a CD version for copying also saves wear and tear on the books.
Each CD contains instructions for easy use of its contents. It also provides information on the website for free downloads of the Family Archive Viewer if needed.
Originally priced at $39.99, GENEALOGIES OF VIRGINIA FAMILIES FROM THE WILLIAM AND MARY COLLEGE QUARTERLY (item order #7186) is now available for only $29.99. Originally priced at $29.99, PENNSYLVANIA COLONIAL RECORDS, 1600s - 1800s (item order #7512) may be purchased at a bargain of $19.99. To the price of the CDs, buyers should add the cost for postage and handling charges. For U. S. postal mail, the cost is $4 for one CD and $2.00 for each additional copy; for UPS, the cost is $6 for one copy and $2.50 for each additional CD. Both may be purchased by check, MasterCard, or Visa from Genealogical Publishing Co., Inc., 3600 Clipper Mill Rd., Suite 260, Baltimore, Maryland 21211 (for phone orders, call toll free 1-800-296-6687; fax 1-410-752-8492; website www.genealogical.com).