Return to Chapter Front Page
This is the Mary Catharine Hendricks family page. She first married John Wesley King, 9 Jan 1859. After he died in the Civil War (23 Jan 1865, Paduchah, KY), she married Gazaway Shipley, 25 May 1867, in Anderson, Madison Co, IN. [The family seemed to spell his name Gasaway - still studying the issue!]
Mary Catherine was born 29 Sep 1843, in Indiana. She died before 1910.Gasaway was born 27 May 1840, in Maryland. He died 8 Feb 1920, in Garden City, Finney Co, Kansas.
The 1880 census has the Gazaway Shipley family in Brown Twp, Edwards Co, Kansas.
Children of John Wesley and Mary Catharine:
1. Nancy Lucinda King (b. 14 Jan1860; d. 1 Apr 1873)
2. William King (b. 13 Feb 1862, Anderson, Indiana; d. 16 Dec 1937, Wichita, Kansas)
3. Elizabeth Angeline King (b. 16 Jul 1864) married 7 Aug 1881 (near Kinsley, Edwards Co, Kansas) Eli Bird Thomas
Children of Gazaway and Mary Catharine:
1. Mary E. Shipley (b. 1868, IN)
2. J. Edward Shipley (b. 1870, IN)
3. Millie Shipley (b. 1873, IN)
4. Sarah Jane Shipley (b. 1875, IN)
5. George Shipley (b. 1878, IN)
6. Boy Shipley (b. 1880, IN)
7. Frank Shipley (b. 1886, IN)
John was born about 1837 in Madison Co, Indiana. He enlisted at Indianapolis on 28 Oct 1864 in Co. G, 17th Regiment of the Indiana Volunteer Infantry. He died at Paducah, KY, on 23 Jan 1865 of yellow fever.
Source of information on this family include:
1) Eugene F. Gray <firstname.lastname@example.org> Apr 2002 email
2) Kathy at <email@example.com> Mar-Apr 2003 emails
Hint: To find an exact name, use this form:
Please let me know of any problems!
|If you know of content material that could/should be added to this page, including links to other sites, please let us know, now, so we can move to doing that.|
|Page last updated 6 Jun 2003|
Census Records | Vital Records | Family Trees & Communities | Immigration Records | Military Records Directories & Member Lists | Family & Local Histories | Newspapers & Periodicals | Court, Land & Probate | Finding Aids