King Family of Kentucky
This website details my "King" family line from Norfolk, England to Virginia to the northern Kentucky counties of Bracken, Harrison, Pendleton and Kenton:
- Michael King (1630-1700) of Norwich, Norfolk England
- William King, Sr. (1658-1747) Nansemond, Virginia
- William King, Jr. (1703-1796) Nansemond, Virginia
- Joshua S. King 1735 Fauquier, VA - 1802 Harrison County, Kentucky
- Mary King - married John King - (1766-1816) Harrison County, Kentucky
- Braxton King, Sr. (1787-1862) Pendleton County, Kentucky
- Abel (Abraham) King 1815 Bracken County, Kentucky 1862 Tennessee
- Nicholas Daniel Coleman King (1844-1914) Pendleton County, Kentucky
- John Wesley 1866 Bracken County, Kentucky, 1909 Cincinnati, Ohio
My family research is not limited to the surname KING. My family includes the surnames: Kreeb, Wenning, Sheehan, Watson, Dunn, Hannan (Hannah), Curle, Bruin, Blackburn, Casey, Elliot, Lemmon(s), Marksberry, McClanahan, Pendergast, Turner, and many others. To see a complete list of surnames and individuals, click on the King database link in the menu bar.
This website is a collection of information from various family researchers and contributors as well as hired researchers, websites and online databases. As with all genealogies, there are undoubtedly gaps and errors. It is a work in progress as genealogy technology developes and new information becomes available. Feel free to contact me with additions and corrections.