This cemetery is located up Little Paint Creek (Kentucky Highway 580) about one and
a half miles and is on the left. Access to the cemetery is via a private road and
anyone that wishes to visit the cemetery should request access to the property from
the owner. The Lum Yates Cemetery is also located on this property, just below and
to the left.
Partially Documented Listing
Submitted Aug 2005
By: John Picklesimer
RED: Additions added after original listing
LONG, Joel D. May 15 1827 Oct.27 1913 h/o-Charlotte Long, s/o-Sam & Mary Schunte Long
LONG, Charlotte (Vanover) 1826 Jul.11 1903 w/o-Joel D. Long d/o-Cornelius & Sarah Hill Vanover
CASTLE, Mary Jane (Long) Oct.06 1847 ----------- w/o-Henry Castle, d/o-Joel & Charlotte Vanover Long
LONG, Thursey Ann (Long) May 07 1849 ----------- w/o-William Ready, d/o-Joel & Charlotte Vanover Long
LONG, Samuel Marion * Nov.04 1857 Nov.30 1898 h/o-Martha Jane Picklesimer s/o-Joel & Charlotte Vanover Long
*: Died in a coal mine.
Note: Martha Jane Picklesimer married secondly, James L. Lemaster. Upon his death she
then married David Cooper. The death date for Samuel Marion Long is one that is not on the stone.
JOHNSON COUNTY HISTORICAL SOCIETY
ONLINE DATE: AUG.15 2005
Census Records | Vital Records | Family Trees & Communities | Immigration Records | Military Records Directories & Member Lists | Family & Local Histories | Newspapers & Periodicals | Court, Land & Probate | Finding Aids