25. Robert WILLIAMS2,29 was born about 1738 in Hanover County, Virginia.3 He died about 1790 at the age of 52 in Pittsylvania County, Virginia.3
Married Sarah (Lanier) Williams, dau of Thomas Lanier of Granville Co. She was the widow of Col. Joseph Williams of Granville Co, a cousin. Duncan Campbell, Security. They resided near Sandy Creek of Bannister River in Pittsylvania Co VA.
Tyler's Quarterly Historical and Genealogical Magazine, Volume 3; Google Books.
Robert Williams moved to Pittsylvania County, Virginia, where he was colonel of the militia in 1775 (Va. Mag. of Hist and Biog, XIX, p.307) He had by Sarah Lanier
1. Nathaniel Washington Williams, Judge of Superior Court in Tennessee
2. Mary, married Matthew Clay
3. Lucy, married Robert Call
4. Martha, married John Henry
5. Sarah, married James Chalmer,
6. Elizabeth, married Rev. John Kerr, Baptist minister, who served in congress, 1813-1817.
Robert WILLIAMS and Sarah LANIER were married on 10 October 1774 in Orange County, North Carolina.30 Sarah LANIER31, daughter of Thomas LANIER and Elizabeth HICKS, was born (date unknown).
Duncan Campbell, Security, for marriage.
Caswell Co NC Jan Court 1794, WB C, p.143
Power of Attorney. Sarah Williams, exec of Joseph Williams late of Granville Co NC, to Matthew Clay of Pittsylvania Co VA, to collect and recover a judgment obtained in Pittsylvania, May 1788, by the Exec. of said Joseph Williams, against Daniel Williams Jr. and Elizabeth Williams, exec. of Henry Williams, dec'd, who was exec. of James Williams, dec'd. for the sum of 58#'s which is 345 lb. tobacco.
11 Sep 1795. Wit: Greaf Barksdale, John C. Russell, John Dawson.