189. Bond Veale POINDEXTER Jr.119 was born on 18 April 1781 in Louisa County, Virginia. He served in the military in 1812 at 3rd Regt of Artillery, Capt. Sims Co. of the Virginia Militia. in War of 1812. He died in November 1845 at the age of 64.
Bond Jr. married Margaret McKannon in 1804. They lived at Halifax Court House VA. The Halifax Co VA Marriage Bonds 1753-1854 has both names garbled as Burd Poindexter to Peggy Meckerrow - Anne, Margarent's mother gave permission - 9 Aug 1804.
Bondville (sic) served in the War of 1812 as a Private in the 3rd Regt of Artillery, Capt. Sims Co. of the Virginia Militia.
John "Stray" Poindexter (1776-1829) who married Polly Kerr, daughter of Alexander Kerr Sr and Rebecca Gourley, is believed to be a brother. I'm not at all sure.
Children of Bond Veale Jr and Margaret as given in the Poindexter book are said to be:
1. Susan who married John Clay, 1828. [Susan Poindexter married John Clay, 17 Dec 1823, Halifax Co VA; Susan Poindexter, mother, gave permission - I do not believe she was a child of Bond & Margaret. I believe she was possibly a daughter of a Thomas Poindexter who married a Susanna -surname unreadable - in Halifax Co, 23 Mar 1789.]
2. Nathaniel Henry Poindexter, born 12 Jan 1808, married Ms. Mary Peachy Johnson Edmondson of Bedford Co VA in 1831. [Actually Nathaniel H. Poindexter married Mary A. Edmondson, 11 Oct 1831 in Halifax Co VA; Richard Edmundsen, bondsman.]
3. Nancy married John Stephens. There is a Halifax Co marriage, 6 Nov 1828; Bond Poindexter was the bondsman.
5. Lucinda, b. 1814, d. 188. Married 21 Dec 1831 to James W. Gilliland, Halifax Co VA. Bondeville Poindexter, bondsman.
6. Mary Jeffries married Griffing; lived in Hernando, MS.
7. John Jenkins, moved to Louisiana; wife's given name was Ruby.
8. Martha Street Poindexter, b. 1820, married John Gwynne and lived in Hernando, MS
9. Sarah Poindexter married John Rogers. Halifax Co marriage record: Sarah Poindexter to John C. Rogers, 27 Nov 1838. Bond Poindexter, bondsman.
10. James Waller Poindexter, b. 1826, married twice, the second time to Sarah Luan Mitchell.
11. Elizabeth Margaret "Betty", b. 19 Jan 1830, Halifax Co VA, married 8 Dec 1853 to Beverly Marion Estes.
12. Thomas, married May Stanley and lived in New Orleans.
Bond remained in Halifax Co. The census for 1810 was lost.
1820 Halifax Co VA, Mary Town
Bond Poindexter: 1m -10, 1m 10-16, 1m 16-18, 1m 16-26 [probably the same son], 1m 26-45; 3f under 10, 2f 10-16, 1f age 26-45
In Meadsville, Halifax: Lucy Poindexter, 1m 26-45, 2f 26-45, 1f over age 45. [I have no idea who this might be - a widow of one of Chapman's brothers perhaps - Chapman had already gone to Tennessee]
The 1830 Census, Halifax Co is semi-alphabetized. A Lovern [probably Lovell] Poindexter is listed followed by an older woman, Mary Poindexter. Some distance from them is listed
Bondville Poindexter: 2m under 5, 1m 10-15, 1m 40-50 [if born 1781, Bond would be age 49]; 1f under 5, 1f 5-10, 1f 10-15, 2f 15-20, 1f age 40-50.
Nathaniel H. Poindexter, 1m age 20-30.
1840 Census, Halifax Co VA, Southern District
Bondy Poindexter: 1m 10-15, 1m 50-60; 1f 5-10, 2f 15-20, 1f 50-60 [if you start with the 7 children in 1820 and add those under age 10 in 1830 and 1840, it's possible that Bond had at least 12 children]
Lovell Poindexter, age 30-40, was also living in Halifax, Southern District
In the Northern District is found Abraham M. Poindexer, age 30-40 and Nathaniel H. Poindexter, age 30-40, and their families.
The Poindexter book has Abraham Maier Poindexter, born 1809, married 22 May 1837 in Halifax Co to Elizabeth J. Craddock, married 2nd to Eliza Winbush. Abraham's father was Richard Jones Poindexter, his grandfather the Thomas Poindexter who married Lucy Jones. So here is a completely different Poindexter line showing up in Halifax. Abraham seems to be the only recorded child of Richard Jones Poindexter and his wife Frances Maer.
Margaret "Peggy" MCKENNON (private).