- The New England Historical and Genealogical Register (The New England Historic & Genealogical Society) Online at www.NewEnglandAncestors.org., Vol. 147, p.315-328.
- Arthur Mason Knapp, The Knapp Family in America: A Genealogy of the Descendants of William Knapp who Settled in Watertown, Mass., in 1630 (Boston, MA: n.p., 1909).
- , Watertown Records, Vol. 1: 1st & 2nd Books of Twon Proceedings; Lands Grants; Proprietors' Book; 1st Book of Births, Deaths & Marriages (Boston, MA: NEHGS, Originally published 1894).
- Henry Bond, Genealogies of the Families & Descendants of the Early Settlers of Watertown, Mass. (Boston, MA: NEHGS, Reprint, 2002).
- The New England Historical and Genealogical Register , Vol. 147, p.328.
- Francis Jackson, History of the Early Settlement of Newton, County of Middlesex MA: From 1639 to 1800: With a Genealogical Register of its Inhabitants Prior to 1800 (Boston, MA: Stacy & Richardson, 1854).
- NEHGS, Vital Records of Newton, MA: To the Year 1850 (Boston, MA: NEHGS, 1905).
- NEHGS, "Massachusetts Vital Records to 1850," database, NEHGS, New England Ancestors (http://www.newenglandancestors.org/: accessed ), .
- NEHGS, Vital records of Sturbridge, MA: to the Year 1850 (Boston, MA: NEHGS, 1906).
- Frank J. Doherty, The Settlers of the Beekman Patent. Dutchess County, New York An Historical and Genealogical Study of all the 18th Century Settlers in the Patent. [Have copies in my files. This book thoroughly documented and sourced.] (Pleasant Valley, NY 12569 c1993).
- Allen H. Bent of Boston, Walter Allen of Newbury, Mass 1640 and Some of His Descendants With a Few Notes on the Allen Family in General (Boston: David Clapp & Son, Printers. 1896. Reprinted 1986 Parker River Researchers, Newburyport MA.), p.5.
- Sturbridge Vital Records: To the Year 1850 (Boston: NEHGS, 1906).
- Application for Membership to the National Society of the Daughters of the American Revolution, GG Granddaughters of Moses Allen: Chloe Esther Lee Little Daly #315374; Marie Little Pinkerton #314375.
- James A. Roberts, New York in the Revolution as Colony and State (Press of Brandow Printing Company, Albany NY c1898), p.241.
- O. Turner, History of the Pioneer Settlement: Phelps and Gorham's Purchase and Morris' Reserve: Counties of Monroe, Ontario, Livingston, Yates, Steuben, Most of Wayne and Allegany, and Parts of Orleans, Genesee, and Wyoming [New York] (William Alling, Rochester. c1851 LDS Microfilm #0871566; Item 2), p.202, 204.
- Everts, Ensign & Everts, compiler, History of Onatrio Co., New York With Illustrations; 1788-1876 (Ovid, New York: W. E. Morrison & Co, 1876), p.226 & 227 "Town of Richmond".
- Grace Graham Hays, papers on family of Moses Allen - prepared for DAR Lineage for her daughter and granddaughter. Never submitted., Genealogical Records, NSDAR, #315314 (315375).
- Application for Membership to the National Society of the Daughters of the American Revolution.
- Hays, papers on family of Moses Allen.
- National Society, Daughters of the American Revolution. Daughters of the American Revolution Lineage Books, 152 vols. [database on-line] Provo, UT: Ancestry.com, 1998-. Original data from: National Society, Daughters of the American Revolution., Mrs. Sarah Gifford Tingue #49208.
- Copied by Mr. William S. Pelletreau, Abstracts of Wills on File in the Surrogate's Office. City of New York. Vol. VI 1760-1766 (The New York Historical Society 1897), p.181 Will of Ephraim Dunham.