12. Jonathan AVERY15 was born on 14 January 1728 in Greenland, New Hampshire.14
Jonathan was admitted [prob baptized] to the Church of Greenland in 1728. Jonath, son of Robt Avery Junr.
NEH&G Register 1875, Vol. 29, p.30
In 1750, Robert Avery conveyed land to his son Jonathan. Jonathan was "of Pepperell" in 1757 when he was administrator of his deceased brother Robert's estate. He was still of Pepperell in December of 1764, but had moved to Temple NH by 19 Aug 1765. He was still living in Temple as late as 1789.
Jonathan married Jan 9, 1752 to Mary "Molly" Farnsworth of Groton, daughter of Isaac and Sarah Page Farnsworth. They were married by the Revd. Phineas Heminway of Townsend. Samuel Manning, Town Clerk. In a history of Townsend this marriage has been assigned to "John" Avery causing some confusion.
Jonathan's children were:
Jonathan, b. 2 Jan 1753. A Revolutionary soldier who died in service.
Timothy, b. 29 Sep 1754. A Revolutionary Soldier for Massachusetts, under Capt. Ezra Town. Gave his birthplace as Townsend. He was 21 years of age when in enlisted 15 May 1775. He died 7 Aug 1775.
Samuel, b. 18 Oct 1758
John, b. 8 Nov 1760
Mary, b. 6 Aug 1668
Birth 06 Jun 1735 Lunenburg, Worcester County, Massachusetts
Person ID I03711 Bellew-Campbell Family Tree
Last Modified 28 May 2010
Father Farnsworth Isaac, b. 14 Jul 1701, Groton, Middlesex County, Massachusetts. 17 Dec 1744, Lunenburg, Worcester County, Massachusetts
Mother Page Sarah, b. 01 Jan 1703, Groton, Middlesex County, Massachusetts, d. 1746
Married 01 Apr 1723 Groton, Middlesex County, Massachusetts
Family Avery Jonathan, b. 14 Jan 1728, Greenland, Rockingham County, New Hampshire d. Aft 1790
Married 09 Jan 1752 Townsend, Middlesex County, Massachusetts
1. Avery Jonathan, b. 1753, Temple, Hillsborough County, New Hampshire,d. 1776, Revolutionary War
2. Avery Timothy, b. 1754, Temple, Hillsborough County, New Hampshire, d. 1775, Revolutionary War
3. Avery Samuel, b. 1758, Temple, Hillsborough County, New Hampshire, d. Between 1775 and 1776, Revolutionary War
4. Avery John, b. 08 Nov 1760, Pepperell, Middlesex County, Massachusetts, d. 1845
5. Avery Peter, b. 1762, Temple, Hillsborough County, New Hampshire
6. Avery Joel, b. 1764, Temple, Hillsborough County, New Hampshire
7. Avery Aaron, b. 1766, Temple, Hillsborough County, New Hampshire
8. Avery Mary, b. 1768
Jonathan AVERY and Mary FARNSWORTH were married on 9 January 1752 in Townsend, Middlesex County, Massachusetts. Mary FARNSWORTH, daughter of Isaac FARNSWORTH and Sarah PAGE, was born on 6 June 1735 in Worcester County, Massachusetts.
Mary was the daughter of Isaac Farnsworth and Sarah Page who had married 1723. Born 6 Jun 1735 in Lunenburg, Worcester Co MA.
There is a conflict:
Another researcher gives her parents as Aaron Farnsworth and Hannah Barron. This Mary was born 29 Jan 1732 in Groton, died 19 Sep 1796, Charlestown, Sullivan Co, NH.
Some of the children of Mary & Jonathan Avery were born in Hillsborough Co,New Hampshire, but I find no connection to Sullivan Co.
Actually, the above Isaac and Aaron seem to have been brothers, both sons of Benjamin Farnsworth and Mary Prescott. Both did indeed have daughters named Mary.