Search billions of records on Ancestry.com
   

Parramatta Female Factory


The principal Female Factory building post 1848 after it became the
Parramatta Lunatic Asylum (completely demolished in early 1880s)


Post 1848 view from principal building looking towards the inner
entry gate. Hospital was on left and Matron's Apartments on right.

 
ca.1978 - the 1820 built Superintendtant / Matrons
Apartments - the upper floor was added post 1836
 

1821 clock in tower at left was originally, as per first photo above, at entry
to the principal building (2006 photo courtesy of Russell Gordon, Sydney.)