George Richardson departed Greenock, England on the ship Brok and arrived in New York City August 29, 1823. The ship manifest listed George with sons George Jr. (10) and Nicholas (8).
We know from a birth and baptismal record that George's wife Sophie remained behind in Glasgow to have baby Jane, born August 25th 1823. Jane was baptized November 11, of the same year in St. John's chapel in Glasgow.
Sophie Jane arrived in Baltimore the following year in September with sons Joseph (6), Samuel (4) and daughter Eliza (3). Baby Jane was not counted in the manifest, nor was she listed as dead on arrival.
The Brok Manifest and other members of the Glasgow Company
- George Richardson (age 41)
- George W. Richardson (age 10) (this was George Sr.'s son)
- John Richardson (no age listed) (I do not know if or how this person was related to George)
- N.C. Richardson (this is George's son Nicholas, age 8)
- Robert Richardson (no age listed) (I do not know if or how this person was related to George)
- George Duncan
- Alexander Fisher
- Ann Fisher
- James Fisher
- Janet Fisher
- John Fisher
- Susan Fisher
- Thomas Fisher
- Margaret MacKay
- Margaret MacKay (child)
- William MacKay
- William MacKay (child)
- Janet Morland (sister of Margaret MacKay)
- Daniel Nichol
- Margaret Nichol