Descendants of John Johnson, Sr.
Generation No. 1
1.JOHN JOHNSON, SR. was born 1751 in Louisa Co., Virginia. The family moved to Campbell Co., VA when John was young. He relocated to Pendleton Dist., SC after the Rev. War. He lived there until about 1817 and relocated to Washington County, MO where he died 1834. He married A GNES CLARK
Children of JOHN JOHNSON and AGNES CLARK are:
2. i. JOSIAH JOHNSON , b. 1774, Virginia. Married Mary Duckworth
3. ii. JEPTHA JOHNSON , b. Abt. 1777,
iii. WINNIFRED "FRED" JOHNSON, b. Abt. 1779
4. iv. URIAH JOHNSON, b. 1782; d. 1846, Washington Co., MO.
v. MARY "POLLY" JOHNSON, b. Abt. 1783,
vi. RACHEL JOHNSON, b. Abt. 1785,
5. vii. JOHN ASHLEY JOHNSON, b. Abt. 1787 d. Bef. 1834, Benton County, Arkansas.
Generation No. 2
2.JOSIAH JOHNSON was born 1774 in Campbell County, Virginia, lived in South Carolina, Washington County, Missouri and died 1859 in Stone Prairie, Barry Co, Missouri. He married M ARY ANDERSON "POLLY" DUCKWORTH
Children of JOSIAH JOHNSON and MARY DUCKWORTH are:
5. i. JEPTHA BEAUFORD3 JOHNSON, b. 1807
ii. JOHN W. JOHNSON, b. 1809,
iii. FRANCES JOHNSON, b. 1811,
iv. JOSEPH D. JOHNSON, b. 1813.
6. v. PLEASANT J. JOHNSON, b. 1815.
7. vi. CAPTAIN URIAH P. JOHNSON, b. 1817; d. 1864 in Battle of Pleasant Plains
vii. SARAH L. JOHNSON, b. 1819
viii. ELIZABETH "BETSY" M. JOHNSON, b. 1822
ix. POLLY A. JOHNSON, b. 1824.
8. x. JOSIAH C. JOHNSON, b. 1826
xi. EMILY O. JOHNSON, b. 1828
xii. ALIA JOHNSON, b. 1830
xiii. JOHN P. JOHNSON, b. 1835
xiv. JEPTHA A.. JOHNSON, b. 1837
xv. MEANY JOHNSON, b. 1839
3. JEPTHA JOHNSON was born abt. 1777 in Campbell County, Virginia, lived and probably died in Warren County, KY. He married Elizabeth Tarrent.
Children of Jeptha JOHNSON and Elizabeth Tarrent are:
i. MINERVA JOHNSON, b. 1808. Married Noel Johnson
ii. MARY POLLY JOHNSON, b. 1801. Married Hugh Moore
iii. MARTHA (Patsy) JOHNSON, b. 1805. Married Jesse Potter
iv. ELIZABETH (Bettie) JOHNSON, b. 1810. Married Daniel Potter
v. AGNES CLARK JOHNSON, b 1813. Married George Potter
vi. RACHEL JOHNSON, unknown, died young
vii. JOHN JOHNSON, unknown. Married Polly Potter
3. URIAH JOHNSON was born 1782, and died 1846 in Washington Co., MO. He married OLIVE HILL
Children of URIAH JOHNSON and OLIVE HILL are:
9. i. MALINDA3 JOHNSON, b. 1805
10. ii. ALIA JOHNSON, b. 1807
11. iii. JOHN HILL JOHNSON, b. 1810
12. iv. THOMAS ROADS JOHNSON, b. 1814
v. SIDNEY OLIVE JOHNSON, b. 1823.
13. vi. ISAAC CLARK JOHNSON, b. 1825
4. JOHN ASHLEY JOHNSON was born Abt. 1787 in South Carolina (?), and died Bef. 1834 in Benton County, Arkansas. He married E MILY ANN GILBERT Abt. 1815 in Pendleton District, South Carolina. She died Abt. 1831 in Washington County, Missouri.
Children of JOHN JOHNSON and EMILY GILBERT are:
i. THOMAS J. D.3 JOHNSON, b. Abt. 1816
14. ii. HARRIET ANN JOHNSON, b. 1819
15. iii. LUCINDA AGNES JOHNSON, b. Abt. 1822
16. iv. ALEY CAROLINE JOHNSON, b. 1826
v. JOHN CLARK JOHNSON, b. Abt. 1831
Generation No. 3
5. JEPTHA BEAUFORD3 JOHNSON was born 1807 in South Carolina, and died 1878 in Washington County, Missouri. He married ALIA JOHNSON in Washington Co., Missouri, daughter of URIAH JOHNSON and OLIVE HILL . She was born 1807 in Jackson County, Georgia, and died 1899 in Ebo, Washington Co., Missouri.
Children of JEPTHA JOHNSON and ALIA JOHNSON are:
i. (None are known)
6. PLEASANT JACKSON3 JOHNSON was born 1815. He married MARY E. MAXWELL 25 October 1842 in Washington County, Missouri
Children of PLEASANT JOHNSON and MARY MAXWELL are:
i. THEODORE LYCURGIS4 JOHNSON, b. 1844
ii. MARY ELIZABETH JOHNSON, b. 1847
iii. THOMAS JOSIAH JOHNSON, b. 1849
iv. LAURA CATHERINE JOHNSON, b. 1853
v. JAMES CLARK JOHNSON, b. 1854
vi. JOSEPH EDWIN JOHNSON, b. 1857
7. URIAH P.3 JOHNSON was born 1817, and died 1864 . He married EVALINE ELIZA HORINE, 1853 in Washington County, Missouri.
Children of URIAH JOHNSON and EVALINE HORINE are:
i. MARY JOSEPHINE4 JOHNSON, b. 1856
ii. THEODOSIA JOHNSON, b. Abt. 1857
iii. JOSIAH HORINE JOHNSON, b. 1859. Married Elizabeth M. Hendershott, b. Sept 1860
a. Josiah Percy Johnson
b. Edward Johnson
c. Ernest Johnson
d. Grace Johnson
iv. URIAH PLEASANT JOHNSON, b. 1862
8. JOSIAH CLARK3 JOHNSON was born 1826 in Washington Co., Missouri.
9. MALINDA3 JOHNSON was born 1805, and died Bef. 1853 in Washington County, Missouri. She married WILLIAM MCCRACKEN
Children of MALINDA JOHNSON and WILLIAM MCCRACKEN are:
i. SOPHRONA4 MCCRACKEN, b. Abt. 1825
ii. ELIZA M. MCCRACKEN, b. Abt. 1826.
iii. ALY AMANDA MCCRACKEN, b. Abt. 1827.
iv. SIDNEY MILDRED MCCRACKEN, b. Abt. 1828.
10. ALIA3 JOHNSON was born 1807, and died 1899 in Washingnton County, Missouri. She married (1) WILLIAM HARGIS .
She married (2) JEPTHA BEAUFORD JOHNSON 1847 in Washington Co., Missouri (no offspring)
Children of ALIA JOHNSON and WILLIAM HARGIS are:
i. ABIGAIL O. HARGIS, b. 1827; m. ALFRED A. HIL
ii. ALFRED HARGIS, b. Bet. 1823 - 1843
iii. ISAAC U. HARGIS, b. Bet. 1823 - 1843
iv. JAMES HARGIS, b. Bet. 1823 - 1843
v. JOHN HARGIS, b. Bet. 1823 - 1843
vi. THOMAS L. HARGIS, b. Bet. 1823 - 1843
vii. WILLIAM HARGIS, b. 1841
11. JOHN HILL3 JOHNSON was born 1810 and died 1869 in Washington County, Missouri. He married JUDITH ANN C. SHORES
Children of JOHN JOHNSON and JUDITH SHORES are:
i. MARTHA O.4 JOHNSON, b. 1832,
ii. ISAAC T. JOHNSON, b. 1843, .
iii. SUSANNAH "SUSAN" JOHNSON, b. 1844
iv. URIAH G. JOHNSON, b. 1847
v. ROSALIA JOHNSON, b. 1855
12. THOMAS ROADS3 JOHNSON was born 18 May 1814 . He married DEBORE ANN (Unknown). She was born 1822 in Missouri.
Children of THOMAS JOHNSON and DEBORE (JOHNSON) are:
i. URIAH N.4 JOHNSON, b. 1849
ii. LYCURGUS A. JOHNSON, b. 1851, m. LAURA ALICE HARGUS .
iii. WASH JOHNSON, b. 1854,
iv. ELIZIA OLIVE JOHNSON, b. 1856, ., Missouri; d. 1869,
13. ISAAC CLARK3 JOHNSON was born 1825, and died 1891 He married MARIAH SPRINGER
Children of ISAAC JOHNSON and MARIAH SPRINGER are:
i. MARY4 JOHNSON, b. 1847, Missouri.
ii. JANE M. JOHNSON, b. 1849, Missouri.
iii. CHARLES JOHNSON, b. 1854, Missouri.
iv. THOMAS R. JOHNSON, b. 1857, Missouri.
v. JEPTHA B. JOHNSON, b. 1860, Missouri.
14. HARRIET ANN3 JOHNSON was born 1819 and died 1891 in Texas. She married HUGH CAMPBELL BERRY 1836 in Washington County, Missouri
Children of HARRIET JOHNSON and HUGH BERRY are:
i. HUGH T.4 BERRY, b. 1837, m. MARY F. DOLLARHIDE
ii. JOHN M. BERRY, b. 1838, m. MARTHA JANE SPRAGUE,
iii. WILLIAM J. BERRY, b. 1840
iv. EMILY M. BERRY, b. 1842, m. W. H. C. HARKLEROAD.
v. JAMES C. BERRY, b. 1843,
vi. MILTON C. BERRY, b. 1846,
vii. JANE E. BERRY, b. 1848,
viii. EDWIN J. BERRY, b. 1850,
ix. THEODORE W. BERRY, b. 1850, F
x. MARY H. BERRY, b. 1852
xi. CLOUMBUS L. BERRY, b.1856
xii. BIRD M. BERRY, b. 1858
15. LUCINDA AGNES3 JOHNSON was born Abt. 1822. She married THOMAS MAXWELL 1840 in Washington County, Missouri.
Children of LUCINDA JOHNSON and THOMAS MAXWELL are:
i. JAMES N. MAXWELL.
ii. JOHN F. MAXWELL.
iii. EMILY J. MAXWELL.
iv. ZACHARY T. MAXWELL.
v. JOHN C. MAXWELL.
vi. MARY C. MAXWELL.
vii. WILLIAM J. MAXWELL.
viii. HENRY MAXWELL.
ix. EDWIN MAXWELL.
x. MONROE MAXWELL
16. ALEY C. JOHNSON was born 1826 in Washington County, Missouri. She married (1) JEFFERSON COMPTON Abt. 1846. She married (2) LAFAYETTE (Lindon D.) SCOTT Abt. 1856. She married (3) JOHN N. BRICKEY Abt. 1860.
Children of ALEY JOHNSON and JEFFERSON COMPTON are:
i. ELIZA J.4 COMPTON, m. FRANK HENSLEY.
ii. MARGARET A. COMPTON, m. HARRISON WILSON.
iii. MARTHA M. COMPTON.
iv. CHARLEY COMPTON, d. as an infant.
v. JOHN COMPTON, d. Bef. 1875.
vi. JAMES COMPTON.
Children of ALEY JOHNSON and JOHN BRICKEY are:
vii. THOMAS C.4 BRICKEY.
viii. LAURA I. BRICKEY.
Updated: 28 February 2011
Census Records | Vital Records | Family Trees & Communities | Immigration Records | Military Records Directories & Member Lists | Family & Local Histories | Newspapers & Periodicals | Court, Land & Probate | Finding Aids