Off-line site accessed via Archive.org. Note: These are not live sites.
Continue to Nebraska
- Interactive map, from Atlas of Historical County Boundaries, Newberry Library. Close window (click red X button, the lower if there are 2) to return.
[For advanced users only: Download zipped folder containing the following files for each state: 1 shapefile (polygons) for use with GIS programs (requires special mapping s/w), a database (MS Access required), and at least 3 supplemental texts (HTML documents).]
- From Univ. of Alabama Historical Map Index:
- From American Memory at Library of Congress:
1872 Montana map from Pam Rietsch (she of the 1895 atlas).
From 1872 County Map of
Colorado, Dakota, Indian Nations, Kansas,
Montana, Nebraska & Wyoming
- USGenWeb Digital Map Library for Montana. Montana 1877, 1881 but no counties shown.
- USGenWeb Digital Map Library for Wyoming. Idaho, Montana and Wyoming 1892.
- From Pam Rietsch's 1895 Atlas site
- From Univ. of Texas Library Montana maps.
Your suggestions for links are most welcome.
Send email to John Robertson.