Off-line site accessed via Archive.org. Note: These are not live sites.
Continue to Kentucky
- Removal of the American Indians - 1830-1835 . Maps.com.
- Interactive map, from Atlas of Historical County Boundaries, Newberry Library. Close window (click red X button, the lower if there are 2) to return.
[For advanced users only: Download zipped folder containing the following files for each state: 1 shapefile (polygons) for use with GIS programs (requires special mapping s/w), a database (MS Access required), and at least 3 supplemental texts (HTML documents).]
- Establishment of Counties in Kansas with large maps for 1855, 1857, 1860, 1861, 1865, 1867, 1868, 1869, 1873, 1874, 1875, 1881, 1883, 1885, 1886, 1893. From the Digital Library
- A Collection of Digitized Kansas Maps from the Wichita State University Libraries. The mother-lode of Kansas maps. Uses MrSid.
- From Univ. of Alabama Historical Map Index:
- From American Memory, Library of Congress. Uses MrSid.
- USGenWeb Digital Map Library for Kansas. Large maps for Kansas 1886.
- Kansas 1910 [371k] also RR.
- Old Kansas Area Maps. 1883 county maps.
- From Pam Rietsch's 1895 Atlas site
1872 Kansas map from Pam Rietsch (she of the 1895 atlas).
From 1872 County Map of
Colorado, Dakota, Indian Nations, Kansas,
Montana, Nebraska & Wyoming
- From Univ. of Texas Library Kansas maps.
Your suggestions for links are most welcome.
Send email to John Robertson.