Off-line site accessed via Archive.org. Note: These are not live sites.|
- Interactive map, from Atlas of Historical County Boundaries, Newberry Library. Close window (click red X button, the lower if there are 2) to return.
[For advanced users only: Download zipped folder containing the following files for each state: 1 shapefile (polygons) for use with GIS programs (requires special mapping s/w), a database (MS Access required), and at least 3 supplemental texts (HTML documents).]
- Maps of California Counties:
1850 to Present from California State Association of Counties. See California County History
- From Univ. of Alabama Historical Map Index:
- USGenWeb California Digital Map Libray See California 1851 [1150kb]
- From American Memory at Library of Congress:
- From Pam Rietsch's 1895 Atlas site
relief map of CA original 27 counties by Ed Stephan.
- From Univ. of Texas Library California maps.
- Humboldt & Trinity County maps: 1850, 1851, 1852, 1853, 1855, 1875.