Samuel Lewis born abt. 1795 in Halifax Virginia d. aft 1870 Sometime after 1851 he moved to Woodville, Jackson County, Alabama. He is buried in Union Cemetery, Woodville, Jackson County, Alabama.
Marriage abt. 1824
Married to: Susannah Layman b. 1808
d. bef. 1870 Susannah Layman was daughter of Daniel Layman and Anna Sarah
Jones and was born abt. 1810 in Sevier County, Tennessee. She died in Woodville,
Jackson County, Alabama. She is buried in Union Cemetery, Woodville, Jackson
Children of Samuel & Susannah are as follows:
Vincent Lewis b. May 11, 1851 Woodville, Jackson Co. AL.
d. Feb. 27, 1888 Woodville, Jackson Co. AL.
Married Rebecca Caldonia Kennamer Jan. 17, 1871 in Woodville daughter of Abraham B. Kennamer and Elizabeth J.
Hodges. She was born Nov. 21, 1851 in Kennamer Cove Marshall Co., AL d. Jan 17, 1913 Woodville.
2. Eliza Jane Lewis
3. Martha Ann Lewis married Alfred Owensby
4. John Canada Lewis
5. Daniel Marion Lewis was buried in Union Cemetery, Woodville, Jackson County, Alabama
6. Melvina Elizabeth Lewis
7. Griffie Layman Lewis
8. William Commodore Lewis was buried in Union Cemetery, Woodville, Jackson County, Alabama had follwing children: Fatte Lewis
9. James Martin Lewis married Sarah C (Sally P.) Stephens
10. Samuel Jones Lewis b. June 17, 1848 d. Dec. 23, 1916 buried Cottage Hill Cemetery near Celina Texas
Married (possibly married to Elizabeth Williams at one time?)
Jalah Wood b. April 28, 1847 d. Oct. 5, 1912 buried Cottage Hill Cemetery near Celina Texas.
11. Susan Melvina Lewis married to John N. Swearingen she is buried in Larkinsville, Jackson County, Alabama
page designed by j lewis if you have corrections please send them here E-mail
Census Records | Vital Records | Family Trees & Communities | Immigration Records | Military Records Directories & Member Lists | Family & Local Histories | Newspapers & Periodicals | Court, Land & Probate | Finding Aids