|Return to Jeruslan Home Page|
|The village Gnadenthau was founded on December 10, 1857 by colonists re-settled
from Franzosen, Grimm, Merkel, and Dietel. From Franzosen came 1 family comprised
of 2 males and 3 females. From Grimm came 1 family comprised of 1 male and 1 female.
From Merkel came 1 man. And from Dietel came 1 family comprised of 5 males and 4
females. This made a total population on 10 December 1857 of 17 souls.
These first 17 settlers were joined on January 23, 1858 by 402 colonists re-settled from Galka, Shcherbakovka, Stephan, Müller, and Schwab. This made a total population as of 23 Jan 1858 of 419 souls.
According to Dr. Igor Pleve, data from the church records for Gnadenthau for births and deaths are preserved almost without any gaps for the period from 1860 until 1920.
Relief Society Records - We
purchased this information from Samuel Sinner who obtained it for us from the Nebraska
Census Records | Vital Records | Family Trees & Communities | Immigration Records | Military Records Directories & Member Lists | Family & Local Histories | Newspapers & Periodicals | Court, Land & Probate | Finding Aids