Descendants of James Lyle and Hannah Crawford
From Elizabeth Township, Allegheny County, Pennsylvania
To Hamilton County, Ohio; Jefferson County, Indiana; Meigs County, Ohio;
Wapello County, Iowa; Schuyler County, Illinois; Sullivan County, Missouri and beyond
Lyle Land Records
- Charles Lyle purchased lot one, block 24 in Town of Ashland on 8 Aug 1852 from Thomas Ping.
- Charles Lyle purchased lot 4, block 5 in Town of Ashland on 3 Apr 1854 from Thomas Ping.
- John Lyle purchased a 40 acre tract, the west half of the west half of the NE quarter of Section 23, T-71N, R-13W on 28 Jan 1857 from James B. & Ann Tull. His heirs sold their one-sixth undivided portions beginning in 1865.
- Lewis G. and Mary Susan (Lyle) Turner sold two tracts on 30 Jan 1863 to Daniel Threlkels: NW quarter of the NE quarter of Section 26, T-72N, R-13W (40 acres) and the west half of the west half of the NE quarter of the SE quarter of Section 27, T-72N, R-13W.
- Lewis G. Turner and Mary S. Turner purchased from Samuel M. and Hannah E. (Lyle) Wright the east half, south of the Ashland Road, of the NE quarter, less 2½ acres deeded for [Ashland] cemetery, of Section 16, T-71N, R-71W (72 acres) on 3 Feb 1863. Samuel M. Wright's purchase of this half of the quarter section from the State of Iowa on 13 Jul 1855 was recorded in Wapello County Deed Book 10, page 240 in 1874.
© 2005 Jean M. Hoffman, email@example.com
Return to Lyle Land Records
Return to Table of Contents
last updated 4 Jan 2005