About the Mailing List
The City of Armagh has been the spiritual capital of Ireland for 1,500 years. It is the seat of both Protestant and Catholic archbishops. St Patrick called Armagh ‘my sweet hill’ and built his stone church on the hill where the Anglican cathedral now stands
The NIR-ARMAGH Mailing list is for the use of those who are researching ancestors who were born, lived or worked in the county, or anyone with an interest in the region.
Mailing List Guidelines
* All list and contact addresses can be found in the “Mailing List Communications” section.
* No Virus or hoax warnings or alerts to be sent to the list - Send them to me personally, and I will take the appropriate action.
* We *DO NOT* discuss virus problems on-list, there are other lists for that purpose.
* Please try to keep on-topic, and if posting a message that is not directly relevant to the list, prefix your your subject line ‘Non-Gen’
* Please be courteous and patient, particularly to those new to genealogy or Irish research.
* If you subscribe in ‘Digest’ mode, do not hit reply - change the subject line to reflect the topic.
* When replying to a list post, edit out most of the message you are replying to, leaving just enough to remind others of the original post.
* Above all....... ENJOY YOURSELVES