Jane's Genealogy Jigsaw
Quick Overview || Documentation || Links
One month after the Bahnsen family left Hamburg, Johann Heinrich Christian Theodor Pieplow and his family came to the United States from Mecklenburg-Schwerin in May 1880 on the next sailing of the SS Gellert and also settled in Ottawa County, Ohio.
His brother, Carl Friedrich Heinrich Christoph Pieplow (known as Henry), and a half-sister, Sophia Bliemeister, wife of Joachim Fuhrman, had preceded him to Ohio. In the 1880 census, the newly-arrived Pieplow family is staying with their Fuhrman relatives.
Quick overview of my line of descent
Below is a list of my direct ancestors with this surname.
It begins with the earliest known and (usually) ends when a female ancestor marries into another family.
No information on living persons is included.
Note: All places are in Mecklenburg-Schwerin unless otherwise stated.
- Johann Andreas Jacob PIEPLOW, born abt 1768 in Brünkendorf; died 11 November 1830 in Brünkendorf; buried 13 November 1830. He married (2) on 31 January 1812 in Kuhlrade, Anna Magdalena ALM (born in Kuhlrade; christened there 20 February 1780; died 15 February 1829 in Brünkendorf; buried 19 February 1829). Their children included:
- Johann Joachim Heinrich PIEPLOW, born 3 March 1821 in Brünkendorf; christened 5 March 1821 in Kuhlrade; died 27 February 1854 in Tressentin; buried 2 March 1854. He married on 20 October 1843 in Ribnitz, Maria Sophia Juliana Christiana WULLENBAECKER (born 26 June 1817 in Tressentin; christened 29 June 1817 in Ribnitz, Mecklenburg-Schwerin).
Their children included:
- Johann Heinrich Christian Theodor PIEPLOW, born 9 April 1850 in Tressentin; died 10 January 1933 in Danbury, Ottawa County, Ohio; buried there in St Paul's Cemetery. He married (1) 20 November 1876 in Bad Sülze, Johanne Henriette Wilhelmine Christiane GEIST (born 30 September 1852 in Allerstorf; christened 3 October 1852 in Marlow; died 27 August 1882 in Ottawa, Ohio; buried there in Christy Chapel Cemetery). Their children included:
- Frieda Wilhelmine Louisa Henrike PIEPLOW, known as Ida or Edith, born 5 November 1878 in Bad Sülze, christened there on 24 November 1878; died 28 April 1954 in Port Clinton, Ottawa Co, Ohio. She married on 9 March 1904 in Toledo, Lucas County, Ohio, Anton Meinrad BAHNSEN, (born 31 August 1873 in Horsbüll, Schleswig-Holstein; christened there 5 October 1873; died 30 April 1953 in Port Clinton, Ottawa County, Ohio; buried there 2 May 1953 in Lakeview Cemetery).
A list of the sources used to compile information on my Pieplow ancestors.
- Census History
A table showing where my Pieplow ancestors lived in each census year, with links to transcriptions.
- Source Summary
A list, in chronological order, of the sources for this family that have been posted on this website.
- Pieplow Message Board
RootsWeb Message Board for the Pieplow surname
- Immigrant Ships Transcribers Guild
Volume 3 includes the passenger list for the May 1880 sailing of the SS Gellert, including the Piplow family.