Established in 1901
St Joseph's Church Hullett Twp Clinton Ontario
No mention of the original church building is made in the history of Hullett Township book (1977) but in the history of Clinton, 1875-1975, we do find mention on page 38:
The first Catholic Church in this community was a log church built in Hullett
Townshio, Concession 5, about 3 miles from the present church......
This log church was built in 1857. The land was donated by Dominic Reynolds. Father Wasserea came once a month to say mass, in 1860 Clinton changed its original name, Rattenbury Corners, in that year Father Snider became the second priest. The Blyth Catholic Church began about the same time as the Hullett settlement and the priest had to serve both communities just as he does to-day. At this time Father Snider had to serve in Goderich and St Columban (then named Irishtown).
It was under Father Hanlon's guidance that the present church was built (1905-1910) The cornerstone was laid 31 May 1908
No mention was made in this article of what happened to the old log church building.
History of cemetery compiled August 1880 by Elizabeth Morrison Medd and
Dorothy Flynn Dupee
Hullett R. C. and Clinton Cemetery
In 1848 a group of Irishmen left their native land to make their home in the "New World" because of famine caused their by the failure of the potato crop. They settles on the land north of Clinton which was owned by the Canada Company and became known as "Paddy's Settlement" Many of them died young and a cemetery was needed and used in the early 1860's. This cemetery was used for many years and may of the original settlers are buried there with their families.
The cemetery is closed but not abandoned.
(excerpts from introduction to Huron Co OGS Cemetery inscriptions for St Joseph cemetery Inscriptions can be purchased from Huron OGS)
No plans for this at present time