Search billions of records on Ancestry.com
   

Racecourse
Parish of St. Johnbaptist

Racket Hall
Parish of Corbally

Rahaniskey
Parish of Newchapel

Raheen
Parish of Ballybacon

Raheen Lower
Parish of Solloghodbeg

Raheen Upper
Parish of Solloghodbeg

Raheenballindoney
Parish of Ardfinnan

Raheens
Parish of Roscrea

Rahelty
Parish of Rahelty

Rahelty Civil Parish
North Tipperary NGA#: 62 GV#: 72
consists of RC parishes: Thurles RC parish starts 1795

Rahelty
consists of Archerstown; Athlummon; Cassestown; Coolaculla; Drish; Garranroe; Knockanacunna; Loughbeg; Rahelty; Rathcriddoge; Rathmanna; Townagha

RAHELTY
1837
a parish, in the barony of Eliogarty, county of Tipperary, and province of Munster, 2 1/2 miles N.N.E. from Thurles; containing 1174 inhabitants, and comprising 2821 statute acres, as applotted under the tithe act, and valued at 2058 per annum. It is a vicarage, in the diocese of Cashel, forming part of the union of Thurles: the rectory is impropriate in E. Taylor, Esq. The tithes amount to 194, of which 96 is payable to the impropriator, and the remainder to the vicar. In the R.C. divisions also it is part of the union or district of Thurles. About 110 children are educated in two private schools. The old castle of Rahelty still exists.

Rahinane
Parish of Ballingarry

Rahinch
Parish of Ballymurreen

Rahone
Parish of Cloghprior

Rahyvira
Parish of Donohill

Railstown
Parish of Kilbragh

Railstown
consists of Ballyduagh; Stephenstown Beg

Rallyvaheen
Parish of Newchapel

Ranacrohy
Parish of Kilmucklin

Rapla
Parish of Kilruane

Rapla North
Parish of Kilruane

Rapla South
Parish of Kilruane

Rath
Parish of Dorrha

Rathannan
Parish of Twomileborris

Rathanny
Parish of Cordangan

Rathanure
Parish of Templederry

Rathard
Parish of Mortlestown

Rathavin
Parish of Rathcool

Rathbeg
Parish of Fennor

Rathbrit
Parish of Kilconnell

Rathcardan
Parish of Glenkeen

Rathclarish
Parish of Kilmurry

Rathclogh North
Parish of Ballysheehan

Rathclogh South
Parish of Ballysheehan

Rathcloheen
Parish of Relickmurry and Athassel

Rathcool
Parish of Rathcool

Rathcool Civil Parish
South Tipperary NGA#: 89 GV#: 52
consists of RC parishes: Killenaule RC parish starts 1742

Rathcool
consists of Annesgift; Ballybough; Coolanure; Coolmore; Coolmoyne; Curraghscarteen; Derryluskan; Farranaleen; Gorteenshamrouge; Kilknockan; Rathavin; Rathcool; Slainstown North

RATHCOOL
1837
a parish, in the barony of Middlethird, county of Tipperary, and province of Munster, 1 1/4 mile N.W. from Fethard: containing 1611 inhabitants. It comprises 5759 statute acres, as applotted under the tithe act; of the land, which is of superior quality, about two-thirds are in tillage, and the remainder, with the exception of about 150 acres of woodland, in pasture. There are several handsome seats, of which the principal are Derrylusker, that of Mrs. Palliser; Ardsalla, of Lieut.-Col. George Gough; Annsgift, of Maj. Gough; Rocklow, of Benjamin Frend, Esq.; and Coolmore, of M. Villiers Sankey, Esq. It is a rectory and vicarage, in the diocese of Cashel, forming part of the union of Fethard: the tithes amount to 365. About 20 children are educated in a private school. There are some remains of the castle of Slanestown, and near the demesne of Rocklow is a large moat or rath.

Rathcooney
Parish of Thurles

Rathcoun
Parish of St. Patricksrock

Rathcriddoge
Parish of Rahelty

Rathcumrikeen
Parish of Ballymurreen

Rathdermot
Parish of Templeneiry

Rathdrum
Parish of Colman

Rathduff
Parish of Cullen

Ratheenroe
Parish of Fertiana

Rathfalla
Parish of Lisbunny

Rathgallen
Parish of Relickmurry and Athassel

Rathkea
Parish of Bruis

RATHKEA
1889
Rathkea is a rural post office in the parish of Lattin, barony of Clanwilliam, 3 1/2 miles, Irish, west by south from Tipperary. The land of the district is good for dairying.

Rathkeevin
Parish of Rathronan

Rathkennan
Parish of Rathkennan

Rathkenan Civil Parish
South Tipperary NGA#: 90 GV#: 1A
consists of RC parishes: Clonoulty RC parish starts 1804

Rathkennan
consists of Rathkennan

RATHKENAN
1837
a parish, in the barony of Kilnemanagh, county of Tipperary, and province of Munster, 4 1/2 miles S.W. from Thurles; containing 235 inhabitants. It is a perpetual cure, in the diocese of Cashel, annexed to that of Holy Cross, and in the patronage of the Archbishop: the rectory is impropriate in Carew Hamilton, Esq. The tithes amount to 43.12.1.

Rathkenny
Parish of Peppardstown

Rathkenty
Parish of Kiltinan

Rathleasty
Parish of Drom

Rathloose
Parish of Kilgrant

Rathlynan Or Rathliney Civil Parish
South Tipperary NGA#: 91 GV#: 13
consists of RC parishes: Knockavilla RC parish starts 1834

Rathlynin
consists of Ballinaclogh; Clonmaine; Coolnagun; Curraghpoor; Donaskeagh; Drishane; Farranaraheen; Laffina

RATHLYNAN or RATHLINEY
1654
RATHLEYNY (After the Meares and Bounds)
The sd. Parish lyeth in the Barrony of Clanwilliam the two pts of the tythes great and small thereof being Impropriat was conferred by Pattent from the Crowne on the Earle of Ormond many yeares sithence (as wee are informed) The other third pt. Belonging to the viccarage. The Tythes great and small of the sd. Parish was worth in 1640 LI030:00:00.
In the sd. Parish stands the Demolished castle of Duneaskeagh by wch runs the River Multine. The whole Prish is all champion ground (vizt.) good arable pasture and meddow grounds.
There are fower acres of Clanwilliam measure of the Colpe of Dunenaskeagh in this parish on the other side of the River Multine bounded by the lands of Attybrick in the West in Killnamanagh in the east bounded by Ruanbally Tample in Killnamanagh in the North by Loghderehy in Killnamanagh and on the South wth. Multin close to Dunenaskeagh castle.
The sd. Fower acres are situated in the middest of the sd. Lands oj Killnamanagh in the Parishes of Killpatrick and Ballintemple.
The afforesd. Parish contayneth the sevall colpes hereunder written (vizt.) the Colpe of Dunenaskeagh the quarter colpe of Drishane, the third pt Colpe of Curragh poore the twentieth pt Colpe of Gurteenenyfinilly and fifteene acres of Clanwilliam measure of the halfe colpe of Ballynaclohy being in this parish together, wth. Fifteene acres of the like measure of the quarter colpe of Allinhogane likewise in this Parish.
Proprietors in 1640, Denominacon lands, Number of plant acres
Richard Butler Esqr of Killcash Irish Papist Sr Phillipp Percivall Kt English Protest, Dunenaskeagh containeing one Colpe, 400:00:00 acres The sd. Richard Butler pprietor of the sd lands in fee by descent. Sr Phillipp Parcivall tennt. Of the sd. Lands in 1640 Uppon ye sd. Lands stands a castle out of repayre one thatcht house & twelve cabbins & the River Multine runns through it.
Richard Bourke and Ulick Burke of Drissane Irish Papists, Drissane cont. one quarter of a colpe, 160:00:00 acres The sd. Richard and Ulick Bourke pprietors of the sd lands in fee by Descent from their Ancestors. This land is wast without Improvemt.
James Earle of Ormond, Sr Hardres Waler kt, of Curraghpoore being pt of Grenan lands one third pt Colpe, 148:00:00 acres The sd. Earle of Ormond pprietor of the sd. Lands. The sd Sr. Hardres Waller Tennt. Thereof in 1640.
Daniell oge Hogane of Allin Hogane Irish Papist, Allinhogane one quarter whereof lyes in the above Parish 15 acres of Clanwm. Measure, 60:00:00 acres The sd. Daniel oge Hogan pprietor in fee by Descent from his Ancestors. There is one house & three cabbins on the sd. land.
Sr Phillipp Parcivall, of Ballynaclohy in this Parish 15 acres of Clanwm. Measure, 60:00:00 acres The sd. Sr Phillipp Parcivall pprietor of Ballynaclohy by purchas from ye Earle of Thomond.
Connor Hogan of Gurteenefinily Irish Papist, Gurteenefinnily cont. the twentieth pt of a colpe, 20:00:00 acres The sd. Connor Hogan pprietor of the sd. lands in fee by descent from his Ancestors. On the sd. lands there is one cabbin.
1837
a parish, in the barony of Clanwilliam, county of Tipperary, and province of Munster, 3 1/2 miles N.E. by E. from Tipperary, on the road to Thurles; containing 1354 inhabitants. It comprises 2657 statute acres of land, generally good and mostly in tillage. The river Multeen flows through the parish, within the limits of which are Lacken, the residence of John Smithwick, Esq,; and Mount William, of James Mahon, Esq. At the cross of Donaskeigh is a station of the constabulary police. It is a rectory and vicarage, in the diocese of Cashel, forming part of the union of Ballintemple; the tithes amount to 200 pounds.

Rathmacarty East
Parish of Kilbragh

Rathmacarty West
Parish of Kilbragh

Rathmanna
Parish of Rahelty

Rathmooley
Parish of Killenaule

Rathmore
Parish of Borrisokane

Rathmoy
Parish of Glenkeen

Rathnaleen North
Parish of Lisbunny

Rathnaleen South
Parish of Lisbunny

Rathnalour
Parish of Newchapel

Rathnasliggeen
Parish of Kiltegan

Rathnaveoge Lower
Parish of Rathnaveoge

Rathnaveoge Upper
Parish of Rathnaveoge

Rathnaveoge Civil Parish
North Tipperary NGA#: 63 GV#: 64
consists of RC parishes: Dunkerrin RC parish starts 1820

Rathnaveoge
consists of Ballymoheen; Ballynakill; Ballynamoe; Ballyslea; Crumlin Big; Crumlin Little; Gorteenashingaun; Honeymount; Montore; Rathnaveoge Lower; Rathnaveoge Upper

RATHNAVEOGE
1837
a parish, in the barony of Ikerrin, county of Tipperary, and province of Munster, 4 miles S.W. by S. from Rosecrea, on the south side of the mail road from Dublin to Limerick; containing 1387 inhabitants. It comprises 4227 statute acres, of which about 3300 are nearly equally divided between tillage and pasture; the remainder is waste. Within its limits is part of Benduff mountain, on the north-eastern side of which rises a stream that joins the river Nore at a short distance from its source in the Slieve Bloom mountains. The seats are Lisduff, the residence of William Smith, Esq.; Honey Mount, of John Lloyd, Esq.; Summer Hill, of W.T. Shortt, Esq.; and Newgrove, of Westrop Smith, Esq. It is a rectory and vicarage, in the diocese of Killaloe, forming part of the union of Dunkerrin: the tithes amount to 253.9.8 3/4. In the R.C. divisions also it is in the union or district of Dunkerrin. Some remains of an old church and castle of Rathnaveoge still exist. At a short distance from the latter is the ruined castle of Ballynakill, the property, and formerly the residence, of the Minchin family; it is surrounded by a high wall regularly fortified, and the buildings appear to have been of considerable extent.

Rathneaveen
Parish of Tipperary

Rathokelly
Parish of Molough

Rathordan
Parish of St. Patricksrock

Rathroe
Parish of Killenaule

Rathronan
Parish of Rathronan

Rathronan Demesne
Parish of Rathronan

Rathronan Civil Parish
South Tipperary NGA#: 92 GV#: 108
consists of RC parishes: Powerstown RC parish starts 1808

Rathronan
consists of Ardgeeha Lr.; Ardgeeha Up; Clashaniska Upper; Clear's Land; Clear's-Land; Giant's Grave; Haywood; Parkville; Rathkeevin; Rathronan; Rathronan Demesne

RATHRONAN
1837
a parish, in the barony of Iffa and Offa East, county of Tipperary, and province of Munster, 1 3/4 miles N. from Clonmel, on the road to Fethard, containing 1010 inhabitants. The parish, which comprises 2543 statute acres, rests chiefly on a limestone substratum; the soil is very good, producing fine wheat and rich pasturage, without waste land or bog. A flour-mill is situated on a stream which flows through the parish. Excavations have been made in quest of coal at an eminence called the Giant's Grave; the last shaft sunk in a black slatey rock passed through a thin bed of wavellite, at a depth of 40 feet; the proprietor is about to renew the experiment. Rathronan House is the elegant residence of Major-Gen. Sir Hugh Gough, K.C.B. The living is a vicarage, in the diocese of Lismore, and in the patronage of the Duke of Devonshire; the rectory is impropriate in John Bagwell, Esq. The tithes amount to 203.1.6., of which 110.15.5. is payable to the impropriator, and the remainder to the vicar. The church, a neat building, was erected in 1825, on the site of the old church, at the sole expense of the lady of Gen. Sir William Meadows, who endowed it with the interest of 1800, payable at the death of Mrs. Meadows. At the Giant's Grave there is an upright stone, about eight feet high above the ground, on which two crosses are sculptured; that on one side of the stone is in raised relief, that on the other in bas relief.

Rathsallagh
Parish of Tullamain

Rathsasseragh
Parish of Corroge

Rathurles
Parish of Kilruane

Rathurles Commonage
Parish of Kilruane

Raylestown Civil Parish
South Tipperary NGA#: 88 GV#: 50
consists of RC parishes: Fethard & Kilusty RC parish starts 1806

RAYLESTOWN
1837
a parish, in the barony of Middlethird, county of Tipperary, and province of Munster, 3 miles S.E. from Cashel; containing 290 inhabitants. This parish comprises 861 statute acres, as applotted under the tithe act. It is a rectory, in the diocese of Cashel, forming part of the union of Fethard: the tithes amount to 73.16.11. In the R.C. divisions also it is part of the union or district of Fethard. There is a pay school, in which about 50 children are taught.

Reafadda
Parish of Toem

Reagoulane
Parish of Toem

REAR CROSS
1889
Rear Cross is a rural post office, in the parish of Templebeg, 14 miles, Irish, north from Tipperary. The district is hilly, but good for butter-making.

Reardnogybeg
Parish of Abington

Reardnogymore
Parish of Abington

Rearoe
Parish of Shanrahan

Redcity
Parish of Redcity

Redcity Or Demelloge Or Kilmillock Civil Parish
South Tipperary NGA#: 93 GV#: 61
consists of RC parishes: Fethard & Kilusty RC parish starts 1806

Redcity
consists of Madamsland; Redcity

REDCITY or DEMELLOGE or KILMILLOCK
1837
a parish, in the barony of Middlethird, county of Tipperary, and province of Munster, 1 1/4 miles S.W. from Fethard; containing 364 inhabitants, and comprising 1189 statute acres, as applotted under the tithe act. It is a rectory, in the diocese of Cashel, annexed to the rectory and vicarage of Tullamain, and in the patronage of the Archbishop: the tithes amount to 96, and the tithes of both parishes to 236. The parishioners attend the adjoining parish church of Fethard.

Reddanswalk
Parish of Templenoe

Redmondstown
Parish of Kilgrant

Redwood
Parish of Dorrha

Reechestown
Parish of Rochestown

Regalie
Parish of Gaile

Rehill
Parish of Shanrahan

Reisk
Parish of Upperchurch

Religmurry Civil Parish
South Tipperary NGA#: 94 GV#: 21
Church of Ireland records start 1808
consists of RC parishes: Golden RC parish starts 1833

Relickmurry and Athassel
consists of Ardobireen; Athasselabbey North; Athasselabbey South; Ballinlina; Ballycarron; Ballyslatteen; Ballyvada; Baurstookeen; Bawnbrack; Castlelake; Castlepark; Clogleigh; Comerford's Lot; Derrycloney; Goldenhills; Grange North; Grange South; Hoops Lot; Hymenstown; Kilnacask Lower; Kilnacask Upper; Knockatoor; Lagganstown Lower; Lagganstown Upper; Lisgibbon; Mantle Hill Great; Mantlehill Little; Masterstown; Moanteen; Persse's Lot; Rathcloheen; Rathgallen; Sergeant's Lot; Suirville; Town of Golden

RELIGMURRY
1654
RELIGMURRY (After the Meares and Bounds)
The sd. Parish is lying and being in the Barrony of Clanwm, the Tythes great and small of the sd. Parish being Impropriate, and many yeares sithence conferred on the Earle of Ormond by Pattent from the Crowne (as wee are informed) The Tythes great & small of the sd. Parish was worth in 1640 LI200:00:00.
In the sd. Parish are plant acres of Gleabland belonging to the Vicarage valued in 1640 001:10:00
The severall lands of the sd. Parish are pfitable and good pasture.
In the sd. Parish there are the castles ffollowing vizt. The castle of ballinhenry wanting repayre, The demolished castle of Ballygriffin, The Castle of Gowlin The Castle of Ballyvaddy, the castle of Lagganstowne wnating repayre, The Demolished castle of Beallacarrin, And the castle of Ballynaclohy wanting Repayre.
In the sd. Parish are the severall colpes of land heereunder written (vizt,) Ballynahensy halfe a Colpe & the eight pt of a Colpe, Garranenarahy the eight pt of a colpe, Lislowrine the eight pt of a Colpe, Lissin Irea the eight pt of a Colpe, Ballygriffin the eight pt of a Colpe. The Colpe of Gowline The Colpe of Athashill, The Coulpe of Religmurry, The Colpe of Rathglass, The Colpe of beallacarin, The halfe colpe of Oldgrandge Cowla the eight pt of a colpe Dangendergan one quarter of a Colpe Ballyvaddy the sixth pt of a ColpeLagganstowne three quarters of a colpe Lasseny one sixth pt colpe, Beallaslattine one quarter of a colpe Masterstowne, Ballyhimine and Derryclony three quarters of a colpe Cahirbristy the eight pt of a Colpe, Cahirmoylyhow one quarter ofa colpe Ballynaclohy halfe a Colpe, Clogh Ileagh one colpe.
Proprietors in 1640, Denominacon lands, Number of plant acres
James Earl of Ormond, Religmurry one colpe, 1000:00:00 acres The sd. James Earle of Ormond pprietor by a grant from the Crowne and leased the same to James Buler of Derryloskane, and the sd. James did lease the same againe to Mr. Thomas Groue and sett by him to Coll. Richard Lehunt The sd lands is well inhabited and thereon stands a good slate house and a weyre for ffishing. There is a pcell called Rathclohine belonging to the colpe of Religmurry and lyes in the west of Shewir wth. In the lands of Gowlin and Athasill.
James Earl of Ormond, Clogh Ileagh one colpe, 1000:00:00 acres The sd. Earle of Ormond pprietor by grant from the Crowne & leased the same to Doctor ffennell. There is a few thatcht Cabbins upon the sd. Lands.
James Earl of Ormond, Abbyathashill one colpe, 1000:00:00 acres The sd Earle of Ormond pprietor by grant from the Crowne & leased the same to Doctor ffenall. Theron stands an old Abby & a ffishing weire comonly called black weire.
James Earl of Ormond, Goulden including Ballyleyny & Ballinloghy pcells thereof on colpe, 1000:00:00 acres The sd. Earle of Ormond pprietor by grant from the Crowne & leased by him to Doctor ffennell. Upon this lands stands a castle wth. A bridge uppon a pass betwixt the same and Religmurry wth some thatcht houses Inhabitted and two ffishing weyres.
James Earl of Ormond, James oge Butler of Killvelehir Irish Papist, Cowly one quarter of a colpe, 250:00:00 acres The sd. James Earle of Ormond pprietor of the third pt thereof in fee and by him leased to Edmond Butler of Beallacarrin. James oge Butler pprietor of the other two parts in fee. This land is all wast wth. Out Improvemt.
James Earl of Ormond, Beallacarrin in cluding Rathcullane pcell thereof one Colpe, 1000:00:00 acres The said Earle of Ormond pprietor thereof in feee and by him leased unto Edmond Butler of the same. There is on this land the bottom of a demolished castle by the River Shewir and a demolished mill upon the River Shewir uppon the pass comonly called Keilenecaske. The land is all wast wth. Out Improvemt.
The Countess of Ormond, Old Grange half a Colpe, 500:00:00 acres The sd. Countess of Ormond pprietrix of the sd. Halfe colpe in fee by descent from hir Ancestors. This land is all wast wthout Improvemt.
Barnaby Earle of Thomond, Ballynaclohy halfe a colpe, 500:00:00 acres The sd. Earle of Thomond pprietor of the sd. Lands in fee & by him leased to Sr. Phillipp Parcivall & now Ingabitted by John Parcivall Esqr. And his Tennts. Through this towne runneth the river Multine whereon stands a demolished Mill and ruined slatehouse with a stumpe of a castle wanting repayre.
Jeffry Bristy of Cahirbristy yeoman Irish Papist, Cahirbristy the eight pt of a colpe, 125:00:00 acres The sd. Jeffry Bristy sould the fee simple thereof to James oge Butler sithence the first yeare of the Rebellion and was before pprietor thereof in fee by descent from his ancestors. This land is wast at prsent.
Doctor Garrott ffennell Esqr Irish Papist, Ballygriffin halfe a quarter Colpe, 125:00:00 acres The sd. Doctor ffennell pprietor thereof in fee by descent. Uppon these lands stands a castle wanting repayre wth. A strong Bawne two or threee thatcht houses within it and sevall other thatcht houses abroade in the towne & one tucking mill & one corne mill wth. Two weires for ffishing likewise there is an orchard wth. A Gardin within the bawne.
Theobald Bourke of Lissin irea Irish Papist, Lissin Irea one eight pt of a Colpe, 165:00:00 acres The sd. Theobald Bourke pprietor in fee by Descent from his Ancestors on the sd. Lands there is a good thatcht house with stone walls.
Donnagh o Dwyer of Gurrane Irahy Irish Papist, Gurrane Irahy one eight pt Colpe, 165:00:00 acres The sd. Donnogh O'Dwyre pprietor thereof in fee by Descent from his ffather whoe purchased the same from Edmond Bourke long before the Rebellion. There is on the sd. Lands an Indifferent good orchard.
Donogh O Dwyer of Cule Inuir gt. Irish Papist, Lisboure one sixth pt of a Colpe, 165:00:00 acres The sd. Donogh Dwyer pprietor thereof in fee by Descent from his Ancestors and mortgaged the same to Charles O'Dwyer of Culleniure. The sd. Land is altogether wast wthout Improvemt.
The Countess of Ormond, Ballynahensy halfe a Colpe and halfe a qrter. Colpe, 750:00:00 acres The sd. Countess of Ormond pprietrix thereof in fee by Descent from her Ancestors. On the sd. Lands stands a castle Demolished wth. A Bawne on one side thereof together with a thatcht house a few cabbins all Inhabitted.
John Cantwell of Mockarky Esqr Irish Papist, Ballyvady the eight pt of a Colpe, 125:00:00 acres The sd. John Cantwell pprietor thereof in fee and purchased the same from one John Bourke in 1636 (as wee are informed) and conveyed over the sd. Lands on his Daugher as mariage portion having married Leut Collonell Kennedy a Protestant whoe Inbhaitted the same. On these lands stands an old Castle that wants repayre.
James Earle of Ormond, Lagganstowne three quarters of a colpe, 750:00:00 acres The sd. Earle of Ormond pprietor thereof in fee onely that the same was conveyed over to his mother the Lady of Thurles as Jointure. Uppon the sd. Lands stands a Castle wanting repayre wth. A Bawne & some thatcht cabbins.
James Earl of Ormond, Derryclony one qrter of a colpe, 250:00:00 acres The sd. Earle of Ormond Proprietor thereof in fee by Descent from his Ancestors And leased the same to John Butler. Uppon these lands stands a good thatcht house wth few Cabbins Inhabited.
James Earle of Ormond, Masterstowne one quarter of a Colpe, 250:00:00 acres The sd. Earle of Ormond pprietor thereof in fee by Descent & leased ye same to John Butler. There is on these lands a good Thatcht house wth. Few cabbins Inhabbited. Through the sd. Lands runns a brooke southwards to the river Shewir.
James Earle of Ormond, Ballyhimine one quarter Colpe, 250:00:00 acres The sd. Earle of Ormond pprietor thereof in fee by descent from his Ancestors and leased the same to John Butler. The sd. Land is wast without Improvemt.
Theobald Bourke of Lassenny Gent. Irish Papist, Lassenny and Beallaslattin one quarter & one sixth pt Colpe, 242:00:00 acres The sd. Theobald Bourke Inheritor thereof in fee by descent from his Ancestors and leased the one moytie thereof to James Hamilton sonn to the Arch Bissopp of Cashell. The sd. Land is wast wthout Improvemt.
Dermott Ryan of Sallaghodd Esqr John Ryan of Chomykearry gent Irish Papists, Glameogaffoe one twelfth pt of a colpe being pt of Clanwilliam & in the Territory of Kilnamanagh, 100:00:00 acres The sd. Lands being pt of Clanwilliam Barrony is not lying wthin any Parish of the sd Barrony butt is in the Parish of Tome in the Territory of Killnamanagh two or three miles distant from the lyne of this Barrony The means and bounds thereof wee cannot find out but Mr. William Dwyer of Derrymore & Mr. John Flood of Clonoulty in the Territory of Killnamanagh are best able to describe and assertaine the meares thereof.

RELICKMURRY or RELIGMURRY
1837
a parish, in the barony of Clanwilliam, county of Tipperary, and province of Munster, 4 miles S.W. from Cashel, near the road to Tipperary; the population is returned with the parish of Athassel. It is situated on the river Suir, and forms part of the tract called the "Golden Vale," from the superior quality of the land, a large portion of which is under grass. Within its limits is the post-town of Golden, which is described under its own head. At Castle Lake is a distillery, employing generally from 40 to 50 persons. Adjoining it is the neat residence of Thomas Matthew, Esq.; and at Rockview is that of Sam. Cooper, Esq., surrounded by neatly planted grounds. The living is a rectory, in the diocese of Cashel, united from time immemorial to those of Athassel, Ballygriffin, and Gandangargan, and in the patronage of the Archbishop; the tithes of Relickmurry and Athassel amount to 550, and those of the entire benefice to 846.8.7. The glebe-house was built in 1819, when the late Board of First Fruits granted 100 as a gift, and 1500 as a loan, towards its erection, the remainder of its costs being defrayed by its rector: the glebe comprises 20 acres. The church is situated in the town of Golden. In the R.C. divisions the parish is the head of a union or district, comprising also the parishes of Athassel, Kilfeacle, and Dogstown; and containing the chapels of Golden and Kilfeacle. In the national school at Thomastown, and in a school supported by Lady Elizabeth Mathew about 150 children are educated; and there are four private schools, in which are about 240 children.

Renaghmore
Parish of Kilcooly


Richardstown
-Thomas-Cantwell-Antall hearths 1- 1664 Hearth Money Rolls
-Dermot-Costello-Antall hearths 1- 1664 Hearth Money Rolls
-William-Donoghow-Antall hearths 1- 1664 Hearth Money Rolls
-John-Duigin-Antall hearths 1- 1664 Hearth Money Rolls
-Bryan-Hogane-Antall hearths 2- 1664 Hearth Money Rolls
-William-McDavid-Antall hearths 1- 1664 Hearth Money Rolls
-Dermot-Neale-Antall hearths 1- 1664 Hearth Money Rolls
-William-Shea-Antall hearths 1- 1664 Hearth Money Rolls


Richmond
Parish of Monsea

Ringroe
Parish of Ardcrony

Riverlawn
Parish of Ballymackey

Riverstown Town
Parish of Loughkeen

Roan
Parish of Killenaule

Rochestown
Parish of Rochestown

Rochestown Civil Parish
South Tipperary NGA#: 95 GV#: 93
consists of RC parishes: Ardfinnan RC parish starts 1809

Rochestown
consists of Ballyhickey; Kilmalogue; Reechestown; Rochestown

ROCHESTOWN
1837
a parish, in the barony of Iffa and Offa West, county of Tipperary, and province of Munster, 2 1/2 miles S. by E. from Cahir, on the river Suir; containing 411 inhabitants. It comprises 966 statute acres, as applotted under the tithe act. Rochestown, the seat of S. Barton, Esq., is beautifully situated near the banks of the river, commanding a fine view of the Clogheen mountains. It is a rectory, in the diocese of Lismore, forming part of the union of Ardfinnan: the tithes amount to 95. In the R.C. divisions also it is part of the union or district of Ardfinnan. About 100 children are educated in a private school. There are some remains of an ancient church and castle, with several forts or raths attributed to the Danes.

Rocker
Parish of Loughmoe West

Rockforest
Parish of Corbally

Rockvale
Parish of Kilnarath

Rockview
Parish of Dorrha

Rodeen Lower
Parish of Finnoe

Rodeen Upper
Parish of Finnoe

Roden
Parish of Dorrha

Rodus
Parish of Emly

Roegarraun
Parish of Terryglass

Roesborough
Parish of Tipperary

ROESGREEN or LOWESGREAN
1837
a hamlet, in the parish of St. Patrick's Rock, barony of Middlethird, county of Tipperary, and province of Munster, 3 miles S. from Cashel, on the road to Clonmel; containing 62 inhabitants. Fairs are held on Aug 2nd, and Oct. 23rd; and one of the R.C. chapels of the union or district of Cashel is situated here.

Roolagh
Parish of Templeachally

Roosca
Parish of Tubbrid

Rootagh
Parish of Kilnarath

Roran
Parish of Templeachally

Rorardstown Lower
Parish of Drom

Rorardstown Upper
Parish of Drom

Roscrea Town
Parish of Roscrea

Roscrea & Corbally
North Tipperary NGA#: GV#:
consists of RC parishes: Roscrea & Corbally RC parish starts 1810

Roscrea Civil Parish
South Tipperary NGA#: 64 GV#: 42
consists of RC parishes: Roscrea & Corbally RC parish starts 1810

Roscrea
consists of Ashbury; Barnagree; Benamore; Borris; Castleholding; Cloonagh; Clybanane; Demesne; Glentara; Inane; Irby; Loughanavatta; Loughpark; Millpark; Pintown; Raheens; Sheehane; Timeighter; Town of Roscrea; Town of Tullaskeagh; Tullaskeagh; Whitepark; Willisson

Roscrea Poor law union
consists of - Barnane-ely - Borrisnafarney - Bourney - Corbally - Cullenwaine - Killavinoge - Killea - Killoskehan - Rathnaveoge - Roscrea - Templemore

ROSCREA
RC Parish: Roscrea and Kyle Diocese: Killaloe Start: b. 1810 m.1810 Place Local Parish /NLI /Tipp. North Centre
LDS. Roscrea - Killaloe Diocese, NLI holds far more records LDS has Bapt. & marriages, 1810 - 1832 NLI has bapt & marriages, (with some gaps) 1810-1880
1837
ROSECREA
a market and post-town (formerly the seat of a diocese), and a parish, partly in the baronies of Clonlisk and Ballybritt, King's county, and province of Leinster, but chiefly in the barony of Ikerrin, county of Tipperary, and province of Munster, 35 miles N.E. from Limerick, and 40 S.W. from Dublin, on the mail coach road to Limerick; containing 9096 inhabitants, of which number, 5512 are in the town. This place, of which the name, signifying a marshy situation, was descriptive of its early state, appears to have arisen from the foundation of a monastery here by St. Cronan, who flourished about the year 620, and was interred in the church. The establishment, which was for Canons Regular of the order of St. Augustine, was amply endowed, and soon became the seat of a small surrounding diocese; and the town had become a place of importance prior to the close of the 9th century. In 942, the Danes from Limerick and the west approached this place at the time of its great fair, which was frequented by merchants from all parts of the kingdom, and even from foreign parts; but the people, being apprised of their design, marched out of the town to meet them, and after an obstinate conflict, in which more than 4000 of their men were slain, entirely defeated them and killed their leader. The town was destroyed by fire in 1133 and 1147; and was plundered by the inhabitants of the district of Cashel in 1153, and in the year following was again destroyed by fire. During this century the ancient see of Rosecrea was united to that of Killalloe, since which period there is no further notice of the abbey. In 1213, King John, with the consent of the Bishop of Killalloe, proprietor of the manor of Rosecrea by the union of the sees, built a strong castle here to defend the town and neighborhood against the incursions of Moriertach O'Brien, who had committed great devastations in this part of the country. The manor was, in 1280, given to Edward I by Matthew Hogan, Bishop of Killalloe, with the assent of his Dean and Chapter, in exchange for other lands in the county of Dublin: and in the following year it was granted by that monarch to Edmond Butler, afterwards Earl of Carrick, in whose family it remained till the reign of William III, and by whom a strong castle was erected, of which a considerable part is still remaining. A Franciscan friary was founded here, in 1490, by Mulrany-na-Feasoige O'Carrol, or his wife Bribiana, which at the dissolution was granted to Thomas, Earl of Ormonde.
The town is situated on a small river which is tributary to the Brosna, and consists of several streets irregularly built, containing 663 houses, most of which are of indifferent appearance; the remains of its castles and ecclesiastical edifices, which were extensive and stately structures, with its ancient round tower, convey an idea of its former importance, and render it an interesting object as seen from the hills in the surrounding neighborhood, which abounds with picturesque scenery. The infantry barracks, formerly the mansion of the DAMER family, are adapted for seven officers and 106 non-commissioned officers and privates, with stabling for four horses. From its situation in the heart of a fertile district the town carries on a brisk trade for the supply of the smaller towns in the neighborhood, and is the principal mart for the agricultural and other produce of the surrounding country. The manufacture of coarse woolen cloths was established here in 1822, by Mr. Henry Buckley, and affords employment to about 100 persons; there are also three flour-mills, two breweries, and two tanneries, in full operation. The market days are Thursday and Saturday; and fairs are held on Mar 25th, May 7th, June 21st, Aug. 8th, Oct. 9th, and Nov. 29th, when vast quantities of cattle of all kinds and other farming stock are sold. The market-house is commodious, and there are also public shambles. A chief constabulary police force is stationed here; petty sessions are held every Monday, and a manorial court in which debts to the amount of 10 Irish pounds are recoverable, is held in the market-house every month before the seneschal. The bride-well contains 12 sleeping cells, 3 day-rooms, and two airing yards, with a hall which is used also for a chapel.
The parish comprises 10,719 statute acres, as applotted under the tithe act, and valued at 7859 per annum: the land is extremely fertile, and the system of agriculture greatly improved; limestone abounds and is quarried for agricultural purposes and for building, and there are extensive quarries of grit-stone. The seats are Juane, that of P. Jackson, Esq., situated in an extensive highly cultivated, and richly planted demesne; and Mt. Butler, the handsome and pleasant residence of Capt. Smith. Near the town but not within the parish, are Verdant Hill, the residence of Rev. Mr. Townsend; Corville, of the Hon. F. Prittie; Golden Grove, of W.P. Vaughan, Esq.; Mt. Heaton, of Mrs. Hutchinson; Mona Incha of G. Birch, Esq.; Glen Albert, of Albert F. Maxwell, Esq.; Killavella, of F. Jackson, Esq.; The Grove, of Smith, Esq.; Ashbury, of Ms. Bridge; Dungar Park, of Mr. Evans; Laurel Hill, of S.Palmer, Esq.; Lowlands, of Miss Rollestone; and Mill Park, of Adam Acres, Esq. The living is a rectory and vicarage, in the diocese of Killaloe, episcopally united, in 1779, to the rectory and vicarage of Kyle, and in the patronage of the Bishop: the tithes amount to 484.12.3 3/4. The glebe-house, towards the erection of which the late Board of First Fruits contributed a gift of 100 and a loan of 596.6.1 3/4. The church, towards the repair of which the Ecclesiastical Commissioners have granted 160, is situated near the site of the ancient abbey, and was erected in 1812. In the R.C. divisions the parish is the head of a union or district, comprising also the parish of Kyle, and containing a chapel in each parish. There are places of worship for the Society of Friends and Primitive Methodists. About 260 children are taught in three public schools, of which one is supported by the trustees of Erasmus Smith's charity and endowed with 2 acres of land by Lady DAMER, who also contributed 300 for the erection of the school-house; and there are seven private schools in which there are about 200 children. A dispensary was established in 1809 by the late Drs. Smith and Powell; and in 1830 the Earl of PORTARLINGTON gave a plot of land as a site and 50 towards the erection of a suitable building. A fever hospital and house of recovery was established by subscription in 1824; it contained four sick wards and two convalescent wards, and is capable of accommodating 32 sick and 24 convalescing patients. A cholera hospital was erected in 1832, which contains two wards and is capable of receiving 40 patients.
The only remains of the ancient abbey is the western gable, with an arched door now forming an entrance to the present churchyard; on each side of the arch are two flat niches, and above the doorway is a figure of the patron saint, Cronan, but much mutilated. In the churchyard is part of a circular cross, which, with another stone now forming part of the wall, is called the shrine of St. Cronan, and is rudely sculptured with a representation of the crucifixion and other figures. On the opposite side of the road, to the north-west of the old church, is an ancient round tower; it is about 80 feet high and in good preservation, and is covered with a domed roof of wood; around its base are two tiers of stone steps, and about 15 feet from the ground is a circular arched doorway, above which, at an elevation of 15 feet, is a pointed window. there are also some remains of the Culdee establishment of Mona Incha, where, from the time of St. Columba, who flourished early in the 6th century, and was the founder of that order, subsisted till the beginning of the 17th century a fraternity of monks remarkable for their learning and sanctity, who strenuously resisted the usurptations of the see of Rome, and are mentioned by Archbishop Ussher as existing in the earlier part of his time. In the north-western part of the town are the remains of the Franciscan friary, still in tolerable preservation; the tower of the ancient church forms the entrance to the R.C. chapel. In a street called the Mall is still standing a circular tower, forming a portion of the castle erected by King John, which has been recently roofed; and in the centre of the town, and in good preservation, is the lofty square castle built by the Ormonde family, part of which has been appropriated as a depot for military stores for the use of the troops quartered in the barracks. St. Canace here wrote a copy of the four gospels, called Glass Kennic, or "the Chain of Canice", which till the time of Archbishop Ussher was preserved in the abbey of this place; there was also a curious copy written by Dimma, a scribe, the son of Aengus son of Carthin, which was also kept there in a curiously ornamented box, and was most probably the manuscript in the possession of Sir William Betham, Ulster King at Arms. There is a chalybeate spring at Corville, near the town.

Rosegreen
Parish of Tullamain

Rosgoordagh
Parish of Aghnameadle

Roskeen
Parish of Moyaliff

Roskeen North
Parish of Moyaliff

Roskeen South
Parish of Moyaliff

Rosmult
Parish of Moyaliff

Rosnacananee
Parish of Moyaliff

Rosnamulteeny
Parish of Glenkeen

Ross
Parish of Dorrha

Rossacrow
Parish of Aghacrew

Rossadrehid
Parish of Templeneiry

Rossaguile
Parish of Killoscully

Rossane
Parish of Kilvemnon

Rossarybeg
Parish of Kilvellane

Rossarymore
Parish of Kilvellane

Rossbeg
Parish of Kilpatrick

Rossbog
Parish of Clonbeg

Rossestown
Parish of Shyane

Rossfinch
Parish of Kilnarath

Rossmore
Parish of Clonoulty

ROSSMORE
RC Parish: Clonoulty and Rossmore
Diocese: Cashel & Emly
Start: b. 1804 m.1804
Place Local Parish /NLI /Tipp. Heritage Unit

Rossnamaniff Lower
Parish of Templemore

Rossnamaniff Upper
Parish of Templemore

Rossoulty
Parish of Templebeg

Rossrehill
Parish of Shanrahan

Roughan
Parish of Dorrha

Roxborough
Parish of Tullaghmelan

Rusheen Beg
Parish of Glenkeen

Rusheen More
Parish of Glenkeen

Russelstown
Parish of Solloghodmore

Ryninch Lower
Parish of Templeachally

Ryninch Upper
Parish of Templeachally