represents my direct lineage.
Elizabeth FOSTER, b. 01 Aug 1800, m. about 1817 in Winchester,
Franklin, TN to Frederick JONES. They were my 3rd great grandparents.
Elizabeth died 08 Feb 1876 and is buried in Center Star Cemetery in
Mantachie, Itawamba, MS. Please see the JONES page for the descendants.
I would be very grateful to anyone who has information to share about Elizabeth FOSTER and/or her parents or siblings.
I also have several occurrences of other Foster individuals in my records. What
limited information I have follows in hopes that you, the reader, will
find a connection to your family and are willing to share your
information with me.
- Alzina FOSTER who married Thomas SYKES, son of John
and Harriet Dumas (Durrens?) SYKES, 27 Nov 1867 in VT. Thomas had a
brother George SYKES. This marriage is recorded on Microfilm held
at the Family History Library in Salt Lake City.
- Annette FOSTER, b. 04 Apr ____ married 26 Jun 1974 in Dodge City, Ford,
KS, to Donald Gene COSTELLO, son of Eugene Edward and Jacqueline Jeanne
PITTMAN COSTELLO. I have no information for Annette beyond her name.
- Doreen E. FOSTER was born in Hunter, Spokane, WA and
married in Dayton, Columbia, WA to Ronald W. YOUNG, son of Urban John
and Anna marie GOLDHAMMER YOUNG. Urban was a son, one of 12
children, of Joseph YUNG of Tipton, Moniteau, MO and St. Leo, Kingman,
KS. I have no additional information about Doreen.
- Edward/Edmund FOSTER married 12 Oct 1649 in
Springfield, MA, Sarah MARSHFIELD MILLER, b. 25 Aug 1633 in St. mary
Arches, Exeter, Devon, England, daughter of Thomas and Mercy (______)
MARSHFIELD, d. 09 Mar 1709 in Springfield, MA. This was recorded
in the Miller Genealogy.
- Eula FOSTER was the wife of Harry Lee FORTUNE, m. 24 Dec
1921. Harry was the son of Edward Lee and Mattie May SCRIBNER
FORTUNE. My source is family knowledge. I have no
information for Eula beyond her name.
- Jacqueline JONES, daughter of Clovis and Erma BEAN JONES
married a man named FOSTER. Clovis was born 02 Mar 1889 in
Itawamba County, MS and Jacqueline was one of ten children born to
Clovis and Erma.
- Nellie FOSTER was the wife of James SYKES b. 25 Feb
1863 in Bristol, ME, son of Charles G. and Sarah Jane BRADLEY
SIKES. I have no information for Nellie beyond her name.
- Steven FOSTER married 23 Feb 1967 Rhea Ann ENGLE, b.
15 Jul 1949 in Casper, WY to Stan and Rhea PALFREYMAN ENGLE.
Steven is not directly connected to my family genealogy, but is offered
here for information only.
- Walter FOSTER, born ca 1900 was the husband of Florence WILSON, b. 1895, daughter of John and Sarah ELGIE WILSON. Sarah was born in 1868 in Scurton, N. Yorkshire, England. I have no information for Walter beyond his name.
- William "Bill FOSTER who married in Circle, MT Minerva VICKREY,
daughter of John Franklin and Mary Elizabeth (ISBON) VICKREY. They
apparently made their home there as this is also listed as her death
place. I was told there were two children, but I do not have names for
Monitor this page for
Copyright © 2000 to
Scannell, 506 Bosque Vista, San Antonio,
web site is protected by copyright. Except as specifically
portion of this web site may be distributed or reproduced by any means,
any form, without prior written permission from the author.
found in these pages is intended for personal information only, and
be given the author. Data obtained herein, and not quoted from
primary source, is not to be added to anyone's GEDCOM, nor should it be
included in posted material on another web site, or published and sold