2) Hannah Penniman (1740? - 1820+) of Falmouth & Harrington, Maine. Hannah married Benjamin Wallace on 4 July 1761 in Falmouth, Maine. Hannah's husband, Benjamin, "petitioned the General Court of Massachusetts for the town charter of Harrington, Maine, in 1797" (NEHGR 152 (1998): 413). She was living at the time of the 1820 U.S. Census, but I have no record of her after that time.
3) Jonathan Rich (1708? - 1771) & Phebe Bridges (1709? - 1771) of Marblehead, Massachusetts. Jonathan & Phebe were married 8 January 1727 in Marblehead, Massachusetts. They were, most likely, born in Massachusetts or Maine. Jonathan & Phebe died within a short time of each other as both of their wills were probated on 14 October 1771 (Essex County, Massachusetts Probate Index, 1638-1840 (Boston: 1987), 2:778).
4) Eliphalet Reynolds (1759? - 1841) of Lyme, Connecticut & Addison, Maine. Eliphalet married Jemima Tabbutt, whose father was a Welsh immigrant, towards the end of the U.S. War for Independence. He, along with his brother David, enlisted as privates at Lyme, Connecticut. They both removed to Washington County, Maine and lived in and around Machias, Addison & Columbia, Maine after the war.
5) Nathan Richard Gaylard (1820 - 1899) of Sumter District, South Carolina & McAlpin, Florida. Nathan served as a Confederate soldier in the U.S. Civil War. His pension application lists his birth place as Sumter District, South Carolina. U.S. Census data concurs that he was born in South Carolina while indicating that his parents were both born in North Carolina. His surname may be a variation of Gaillard.
6) Thomas Hoag (1840? - ?) of Moriah Township, New York. Thomas married Adeline Spring circa 1866, and had two documented children, Fred, b. 1867, and Helen, b. 1869. Family tradition indicates there was another child named William, but I have been unable to find any references to him. Thomas was probably born in New York, though some census records indicate he was born in Iowa. Nothing else is known of his life, though he appears to have died before 1870.
Census Records | Vital Records | Family Trees & Communities | Immigration Records | Military Records Directories & Member Lists | Family & Local Histories | Newspapers & Periodicals | Court, Land & Probate | Finding Aids
If you have any information relative to the identity of the above listed people, please contact me at either address below. Thank you for your help.
15444 Mesquite Ave
Victorville, CA 92394
Copying is permitted for noncommercial, educational, and genealogical research use by individuals. This message must appear on all copied material. All commercial or use for profit requires permission.
©1997-2008 Hal Bradley