This family can be definitely traced from England, covering two generations before the emigration to America. The name is found in many sections of the United States, honorably identified with the learned professions and with the forces that make for progress and enlightenment. It ha been connected from an early period with the development of this section, and is today borne by many leading citizens.
(1) Phillippe Kellogg, probably a son of Thomas and grandson of Nicholas Kellogg, of Debden (Records whos that Nicholas Kellogg of Debden married Florence, daughter of William Hall) was the first in England from whom the line is positively traceable. He first appears in Bocking, Essex, a parish adjoining Braintree, when his son Thomas was baptized, Sept. 13, 1583. Two years later his son Robert was baptized in Great Leighs, where records extend back to 1558.
The name of Kellogg does not appear there until the baptism above referred to, and no documentary evidence appears to show connection with the Debden family, but many evidences point to their identity, also with those of Bocking, Marsden, Braintree and Thaxted, in all of which localities the principal occupations were spinning and weaving. No record of Phillippe's death appears in Great Leighs, and it is probable that he removed elsewhere, perhaps before other children were born. While the vital records of Great Leighs are quite full, those of Braintree do not extend back of 1660. The first appearance of the name in Braintree is in 1623, when the will of Moses Woll mentioned Philippe Kellogg's son Robert.
Children of Phillippe Kellogg: Thomas, Annis, Robert, Mary, Prudence, Martin, Nathaniel, John, Jane and Rachel.
(II) Martin, third son of Phillippe Kellogg, was baptized Nov. 23, 1595, in Great Leighs, died in Braintree, England, between May 20 and Sept. 20, 1671, the respective dates of making and proving his will. He was a weaver or cloth worker, and resided in his native place and Braintree, appearing in the latter place for the last time when his son Daniel was baptized, 1630. He received the surrender of a tenement in Braintree, May 22, 1632.
He married, Oct. 22, 1621, in St. Michael's Bishop's Stortford, county of Hertford, Prudence, daughter of John Bird, of Bishop's Stortford, who died before May 20, 1671, when his will was made.
Children: John, Nathaniel, Joseph, Sarah, Daniel, Samuel and Martin.
(III) Lieutenant Joseph, third son of Martin and Prudence (Bird) Kellogg, was baptized in April, 1626, in Great Leighs, and came to America soon after attaining his majority. He is found at Farmington, Connecticut in 1651, being among the early residents of that town. His home lot, consisting of four acres. was purchased from John Andrews, from whom he also secured twelve acres of plowing land, curiously called "Nod Land." With his wife he was "joined to the Church" Oct. 9, 1693, and he served several terms as selectman. He sold his property in February, 1655, and about 1657 removed to Boston, where "Joseph Kelog, weaver, late of Farmington, in the colony of Connecticut, now of Boston," bought of Peter Oliver, Oct. 15, 1659, "their dwelling house fronting to the street leading to Roxbury for one hundred and forty pounsd sterling." This land is now partly covered by the Advertiser Building, on Washington street, one of the most valuable parcels in the city. He sold it to John Witherdon, June 13, 1661, and removed to Hadley, where he was one of the original proprietors. In that year the town made an agreement with him whereby he was to maintain a ferry between Hadley and Northampton, and he built his house on a "home lot" which had been reserved by the town for a "ferry lot." In January, 1675, a committee appointed by the court made an agreement with him which required that he have a boat for horses and a canoe for persons, and receive for man and horse eightpence in wheat or other trade, or sixpence in money; for a single person, threepence, and when more than one, twopence each; provided that on lecture days, people passing to and from lecture, if six or more went over together, they were to pay one penny each.
His first wife, Joanna, whom he probably married in England, died in Hadley, Sept. 14, 1666, and he married (second) Abigail, daughter of Stephen and Elizabeth Terry, born Sept. 21, 1646, in Windsor, Connecticut, died between May 29, 1714 and Oct. 21, 1726. (Stephen Terry was born Aug. 25, 1608, in Stockton, Wiltshire, England).
Children of the first wife: Elizabeth, Joseph, Nathaniel, died young, John, Martin, Edward, Samuel, Joanna and Sarah; of second wife: Stephen, Nathaniel, Abigial, Elizabeth, Prudence, Ebenezer, Jonathan, Daniel, died young, Joseph, Daniel and Ephraim. The first three were born in Farmington, all of the second wife's children in Hadley, and the others in Boston.
(IV) John, son of Lieutenant Joseph Kellogg, was born in Farmington, Connecticut, 1656. He owned one of the largest estates in Hadley and succeeded his father to the ferry. He married and among his children was Samuel, see forward.
(V) Captain Samuel, son of John Kellogg, was born in Hadley about 1714. He removed to Westfield, where he died in 1761. He married and among his children was John, see forward.
(VI) John (2), son of Captain Samuel Kellogg, known as Captain John Kellogg, was born in July , 1729. His house in Westfield is still standing. He was a soldier in the French and Indian war, and served in the revolution at Lexington, at the capture of Dorchester Heights and at Ticonderoga. He married, and among his children was Josiah, see forward.
(VII) Josiah, son of John (2) Kellogg, was born at Westfield, where he resided until his death in 1814. He married, and among his children was Collins, see forward.
(VIII) Collins, son of Josiah Kellogg, was born at Westfield, Massachusetts, Feb. 17, 1802. Later he removed to Turin, New York, where he was engaged in farming and transportation, and subsequently removed to Cleveland, where he died in 1881. He married and was the father of three children: K. Collins, see forward, Halsey E., see forward, and Hester Ann, see forward.
(IX) K. Collins, eldest son of Collins Kellogg, was born in Westfield, Massachusetts, March 26, 1823. He received his education in the common schools, supplemented by a course in the Collinsville Istitute at Turin, New York. In March, 1840, at the age of seventeen years, he entered the employ of William L. Easton and A. G. Dayan, merchants of Lowville.
In 1846 he received an interest in the business of his employer, William L. Easton, and was very successful in the mercantile business. He was afterwards owner and proprietor of the hotel known as the "Kellogg House," built on a large business block in Lowville, and he was also one of the greatest hop growers of the county.
In his church relations he was a Presbyterian. He married, June 13, 1855, Eliza, youngest daughter of Garret and Dolly Boshart, who were among the earliest settlers of Lowville. Mr. Kellogg died Sept. 15, 1908, and his wife died Dec. 28, 1891.
(IX) Halsey E., second son of Collins Kellogg, was born in Turin, New York, July 24, 1824. About 1850 he engaged in the wholesale oyster business with Albert Miller, making weekly trips from Albany into Canada, over the old state road. Later he was engaged in the hotel business in Constableville, then in farming in Collinsville, and a few years later he removed to Denmark and there purchased a farm.
At the time of his death, July 28, 1896, he was interested with his brother, K. Collins Kellogg in farming and hop growing in Lowville. He married Mary Thankful, born in Rome, New York, March 4, 1830, daughter of Albert Kidder, who was born in Foxboro, Massachusetts, Sept., 1803, and Laura (Edwards) Kidder, who was a descendant of Richard Edwards, an Englishman; Laura Edwards was born in Dutchess county, New York, where she lived until eleven years of age, when the family removed to Ridge Mills, where she met Mr. Kidder.
(IX) Hester Ann, only daughter of Collins Kellogg, was born July 29, 1825. She married Sylvester W. Stimpton, of Leyden, and died Nov. 26, 1849.
(X) K. Collins (2), eldest son of Halsey E. Kellogg, was born Oct. 20, 1851. His education was received in the common schools. In March, 1870, he entered the employ of his uncle, K. Collins Kellogg, where he remained until 1881.
Thence he went to Utica, where he was in the employ of Robert Frazier, a dealer in dry goods. In 1901 he returned to Lowville and engaged in the dry goods business for himself, which line he pursued until his death, which occurred Oct. 3, 1908.
Mr. Kellogg married (first) Susan B., born Aug. 29, 1857, daughter of Frank B. and Jane (Leonard) Morse. One son, Kinsley Collins, was born to them; he died when nine years of age. Mrs. Kellogg died Jan. 19, 1905. He married (second) April 18, 1906, Maude, born June 22, 1883, daughter of Daniel McFall of Pottsdam. They had one son, Halsey D., born March 19, 1908.
(X) Jesse J., youngest son of Halsey E. Kellogg, was born in the town of Denmark, New York, April 9, 1856. He received his education in the common schools and at Lowville Academy. In early life he resolved to make farming his lifework, in which he has been very successful.
He married, Oct. 23, 1888, Minnie G., born Aug. 1, 1862, daughter of John and Emily J. (Winchall) Pfister. Children: 1. Vera M., born Jan. 18, 1890. 2. Mary E., March 1, 1897. 3. J. Kermit, Sept. 5, 1902.
(X) Hetta M., daughter of Halsey E. Kellogg, was born in Martinsburg, New York, Nov. 9, 1868. She married, June 15, 1892, Fay C. Snyder, born Jan. 18, 1867, a successful druggist of Lowville. They have one daughter, Dorothy C. K., born Feb. 6, 1893.
(VI) Ensign Stephen, seventh son of Joseph Kellogg [III on FIRST ENTRY] and eldest child of his second wife, was born April 9, 1668, in Hadley, died in Westfield, Mass., June 5, 1722. He was a weaver, and removed to Westfield in 1697.
He married, May 8, 1694, Lydia, daughter of John and Lydia Belden, of Wethersfield, Conn. She married (second) June 17, 1734, Benjamin Lewis, being his second wife, and died in Colchester, Conn., June 6, 1759, in her eighty-fourth year.
Stephen, Lydia, Moses, Abigail, Daniel, Ephraim, Mercy, Noah, Silas, Amos and Aaron.
(VII) Deacon Daniel, third son of Ensign Stephen and Lydia (Belden) Kellogg, was born Dec. 15, 1704, in Westfield, died June 11, 1756 in the same town. He was one of the four brothers who lived between Sheffield and Great Barrington, at a place called "Kelloggtown," and was one of the first deacons of the church in Sheffield, chosen when it was first gathered in 1735. At the first town meeting held in that town he was chosen selectman and treasurer. His estate was inventoried at one thousand and forty pounds, and was distributed among his children in 1764.
He married, May 13, 1731, Hannah, daughter of Matthew Noble, the first settler of Sheffield, born Oct. 11, 1707 in Westfield, died before June 4, 1795.
Hannah, died young; Abigail; Daniel, died young; Mercy, Stephen, Hannah, Daniel and Gideon.
(VIII) Daniel (2) eldest son of Daniel (1) and Hannah (Noble) Kellogg, was born Nov. 5, 1746, in Sheffield, died from exposure and disease, as a consequence of participating in the unfortunate expedition of Benedict Arnold against Quebec in 1775, dying during the retreat.
He married Rhoda, daughter of John and Mary (Smith) Callender, born Nov. 23, 1751, died Sept. 14, 1813. She married (second) Jan. 8, 1778, Jesse Kellogg.
Olvie and Daniel.
(IX) Daniel (3), only son of Daniel (2) and Rhoda (Callender) Kellogg, was born Nov. 5, 1774, in Sheffield, Mass., died April 27, 1848 in Champlain, New York, where he settled about 1800 as a farmer. He married, at Shoreham, Vermont, April 20, 1797, Polly (Mary), daughter of Elijah Kellogg, or Elias Kellogg. The Vermont Gazette published at the time Ethan Allen took Fort Ticonderoga that Ethan Allen was the first into the Fort, Benedict Arnold second and Elias (or Elijah) Kellogg third. She was born Oct. 11, 1776, died April 11, 1851, at Champlain.
Lorenzo, Daniel, Pamela, died young, Sylvester, Pamela, Mary, Eli C., Jane M., and Daniel Alonzo.
(X) Lorenzo, eldest child of Daniel (3) and Mary (Kellogg) Kellogg, was born Sept. 8, 1798, in Shoreham, and was a small infant when his parents removed to Champlain, where he became a farmer and continued until his death, July 5, 1882. He was a staunch member and deacon of the Presbyterian church. At the age of fourteen he enlisted in the army and fought in the war of 1812. Later received a pension.
He married (first) May, 1824, Sarah P., daughter of Asa Moore, of Champlain, born Aug. 1805.
Sarah Rebecca, Olinda Clementine, Norman and Augustine Moore.
He married (second) Roxana Burdick, born at Chazy, N.Y., Sept. 18, 1800, died Sept. 12, 1881, in Champlain.
Henry Martin, Brainard, Sylvester Alonzo, Theodore Burdick and Cyrus Hudson.
(XI) Sylvester Alonzo, son of Lorenzo Kellogg, and third child of his second wife, was born May 15, 1838 in Champlain. He studied law, was admitted to the bar and practiced at Plattsburgh, N.Y. In 1860 he went to that parat of Utah which is now Nevada and began practice, and in 1864 was elected one of the first senators of the new state. Two years later he returned to his native place and in 1876 was elected district attorney for Clinton county. From 1882 to 1891 he served as county judge and was elected a justice of the supreme court in 1891, later being appointed to a appellate division of the supreme court, part four.
While in the senate from Nevada, he was leader of the Republicans in the senate. He made two trips to the west, first by the Isthmus of Panama and second overland from Chicago by stage. He was also interested in mining in Nevada.
He married, Sept. 5, 1866, at Champlain, Susan Elizabeth, daughter of James and Julia (Evans) Averill, of Champlain and Plattsburgh (see Averill X). She was born June 26, 1847, in Plattsburgh, died Kellogg's Island, Keeler's Bay, Vermont, Aug. 12, 1899. She was a direct descendant of Zephaniah Platt, founder of Plattsburgh.
1. Ralph Averill, born in Champlain, N.Y. Sept. 4, 1867, graduated from Harvard College with the degree of A. B., 1888, A.M. 1891, and graduated from Harvard Law School, cum laud, and is now practicing law in Buffalo, N.Y. .
He married Eleanor Chester, of Buffalo, Aug. 25, 1896.
2. Henry Theodore, born Aug. 29, 1869, mentioned below.
3. George Casper, mentioned below.
4. Augusta, married, at Kellogg's Island, July 1, 1896 , William Bowditch Rogers of Boston, Mass. children: William Bowditch Jr., born in Boston, May 3, 1898; Susan E., born at Kellogg's Island, Vermont, Aug. 12, 1900; Mary B., born at Boston, April 26, 1902.
(XII) Henry Theodore, second son of Sylvester A. and Susan E. (Averill) Kellogg, was born Aug. 29, 1869, in Champlain, where he grew up. He was graduated from Harvard College, cum laude, in 1889, and from Harvard Law School in 1892, with the degree of L.L.B. For two year he practiced law in Plattsburgh and in Sept. 1895, became a partner of Judge L.L. Shedden, under the firm name of Shedden & Kellogg, continuing practice there until appointed county judge of Clinton county. This position he filled until 1903, when he resigned to accept the appointment of justice of the supreme court, as successor of his father, the late Judge S. A. Kellogg. This responsible position he now occupies , and was also judge of the United States court of bankruptcy at Plaattsburgh.
He married Katherine Miller Standish, daughter of Hon. Smith M. Weed, of Plattsburgh, March 5, 1903.
(XII) George Casper, youngest son of Sylvester A. and Susan E. (Averill) Kellogg, was born Sept. 21, 1871, in Champlain, and was graduated from Harvard College in 1894, having prepared at Phillips Exeter Academy, from which he graduated in 1890. In 1896 he became one of the founders of the Dock & Coal Company of Plattsburgh, which operates an extensive wholesale coal, grain and lumber business. He is affiliated with numberous societies, including: Society of Colonial Wars, Founders' and Patriots' Association, Society of the War of 1812, Sons of the American Revolution, Harvard Club, University Club, Union Club of New York City, Raquet and Tennis Club of Boston.
He attends the Episcopal church. He married, Nov. 10, 1898, in New York City, Grace Vernon, born Oct. 25, 1871, in New York, daughter of Robert Morrison and Anna Olyphant (Vernon) Olyphant of that city.
Children born at Plattsburgh:
Robert O., Oct. 7, 1900; George Averill, July 16, 1903; Ralph Mackenzie, Oct. 14, 1908.
For preceding generations, see Phillippe Kellogg I).
(III) Samuel, fifth child of Martin and Prudence (Bird) Kellogg, was born after 1630, probably in Braintree, England, and died Jan. 17, 1711, in Hatfield, Mass., where he was a pioneer. It cannot now be determined whether he came to New England with his brothers, Joseph and Daniel Kellogg. He resided early in Hadley, Mass., where he had a home lot of four acres in 1664, probably on the west side of the river. He was one of the twenty-four persons who petitioned the general court in 1667 for permission to settle a minister among them, stating that most of them had been living on the west side of the river six years; and in answer to this petition the town of Hatfield was established in 1670. At that time Hatfield had about thirty families, and a school was established eight years later, a school house was built in 1681, and education became free in 1722. Samuel Kellogg was a farmer, and found conditions especially favorable for agriculture in his new-world home. The low grounds were ready for immediate plowing, and the uplands were earily prepared because not heavily timbered.
The first record of him found in New England is that noting his marriage in Hadley, Nov. 24, 1664, to Mrs. Sarah (Day) Gunn, daughter of Robert and Elizabeth (Stebbins) Day, of Hartford, Conn., and widow of Nathaniel Gunn, of the same place. She was slain by Indians, Sept. 19, 1677, and he married (second) March 22, 1679, Sarah, daughter of Thomas Root of Westfield, born 1660.
Children by first wife:
Samuel, Nathaniel, Ebenezer, Joseph.
Children by second wife:
John, Thomas and Sarah.
(IV) Lieutenant Nathaniel, second son of Samuel and Sarah (Day) (Gunn) Kellogg, was born June 4, 1671 in Hatfield, and died Aug. 22, 1757, in Colchester, Conn., where he was long a prominent citizen. The town of Colchester granted, March 16, 1704, to "Nathaniel Kellogg and Samuel Pellet liberty to set up a sawmill on ye brook called ye gouvernor's Brook & thay to have ye stream so long thay maintaine a sawmill there and to have it going at or before ye last of September next." "Nathaniell Kalodg" was chosen way warden Dec. 18, 1704, and collector in Oct. 1711, also on a committee to lay out convenient "highwaise." Dec. 31, 1712. At a meeting, Oct. 1, 1711, he was made one of a committee to finish a building given the town for a schoolhouse, and "to hire a school master as spedy as they can conveniently for this winter," and at the same meeting he was appointed to act with Sergeant Pratt in laying out a highway. He was made a joint proprietor of the town April 8, 1713, and in 1720 was granted special liberty for setting up mills, with the use of ten acres of ground. he was placed on a committee Sept. 14, 1730, to complete a settlement of the Lebanon boundary.
He married (first) Margaret, daughter of John Belding, of Wethersfield, born in 1677, died Dec. 15, 1747; married (second) May 29, 1748, Mrs. Priscilla Williams, of Colchester.
Children, first two born in Hadley, the others in Colchester:
Margaret, Editha, Nathaniel, Sarah, Lydia, Abner, John and Ezra.
(V) Abner, second son of Lieutenant Nathaniel and Margaret (Belding) Kellogg, was born about 1716 in Colcheter, and died Nov. 8, 1754. He married, June 26, 1740, Lydia, daughter of Nathaniel Otis, born June 20, 1717, one of a family of eighteen children. She married (second) March 19, 1761, Captain Amos Thomas, of Lebanon, and died June 1, 1807, almost ninety years old.
Delight, Lydia, David, Abner, Ezekiel, Margaret and Ezra.
(VI) David, eldest son of Abner and Lydia (Otis) Kellogg, was born August 26, 1744, in Colchester, where he was baptized Sept. 12 following, and died in Essex, Vermont, March 10, 1826. He remained in his native town until about 1771, when he removed to Lee, Mass., and was living in 1773 on the glass works grant in that town, east of Stockbridge. In 1786 he went to Essex, where he lived forty years, and his estate was distributed May 17, 1828.
He married (first) Elinor Williams, born March 12, 1747, in Lebanon, died May 10, 1805, in Essex, daughter of Isaiah and Jerusha Williams. He married (second) June 20, 1807, Sarah Redington Tyler, of Vergennes, Vermont, who died April 12, 1844, aged eighty-six years.
Lydia, Rhoda, Russell, Odosia, David, Wealthy, Hannah, Ira, Otis, Laura and Nancy.
(VII) Russell, eldest son of David and Elinor (Williams) Kellogg, was born June 1, 1770, in Colchester, and died April 16, 1845, in Essex, whither he removed from Great Barrington, Mass., about 1790. He was a carpenter and farmer in the latter town. He married, Feb. 21, 1796, Elizabeth, daughter of Solomon and Dorothy Atherton, of Athol, Mass., born Feb. 19, 1768, died Sept. 18, 1857.
David and Dolly (twins), Lucy, Hiram, Frances, Nelson, Stephen, Nancy and Eliza.
(VIII) Nelson, second son of Russell and Elizabeth (Atherton) Kellogg, was born Dec. 29, 1805, in Essex, and died May 18, 1880 in Essex, Vermont. He followed farming on the old Kellogg homestead. He was very sincere in his religious views and a devout member of the Congragational church.
He married, Dec. 29, 1835, Evaline Charlotte, daughter of Silas and Mary (Sherwood) Fellows, born Jan. 24, 1808, in Sandy Hill, N.Y., died in Whittier, California, Aug. 29, 1897, whither she removed after her huband's death.
Mary Elizabeth, Fanny Cornelia, Louise Gertrude, Abiel Faxon and David Sherwood.
(IX) David Sherwood, youngest chld of Nelson and Evaline C. (Fellows) Kellogg, was born Oct. 21, 1847, in Essex, and began his education in his native town, graduating from the Essex Academy, after which he entered the University of Vermont and was graduated from the classical department with a degree of A. B. in 1870. Pursuing the medical course, he was graduated M. D. in 1873, and in 1884 his alma mater conferred upon him the degree of A.M. While pursuing his college course, he taught three winter terms of school in Panton, Vermont, and in the fall of 1870 became principal of the school now known as Brigham's Academy at Bakersfield, Vermont. . Two years later he took charge of the high school at Westerly, Rhode Island, and during the year following his graudation in medicine he was house surgeon of the hospital at Hartford, Conn. Dr. Kellogg located in Plattsburgh, N.Y., April 7, 1874, and began to build up what proved a very successful practice of his profession, lasting until failing health compelled its relinquishment. He has served as health officer of the village, and was many years a member of the board of pension examiners, beginning in 1883. During his active and useful career as a physician, he was identified with several organizations, including the college fraternity of Signa Phi; the Clinton County Medical Society, of which he was secretary, vice-president and president; the Northern New York Medical Association, of which he is a charter member, and the Medical Society of the State of New York. Dr. Kellogg has been interested for many years in literary and scientific societies, being a member of the Prince Society of Boston, devoted to the publication of rare manuscripts and folios now out of print; the American Association for the Advancement of Science; and a corresponding member of the New England Historic Genealogical Society of Boston. He is a member of the board of managers of the State Normal School at Plattsburgh, and was president of the Plattsburgh Institute. The last named institution erected a monument commemorating the battle of Culver Hill, and on the occasion of its unveiling, Sept. 22, 1894, Dr. Kellogg, as president, made the opening address, followed by other notel speakers. He takes a justifiable pride in his library of over one thousand volumes, som of them rare and costly, to which he is constantly making valuable additions. In the intervals of a busy professional life, he has found time to devote to archaeology, of which he is an enthusiastic student, and with others has fomed a collection of about eighteen thousand stone implements and weapons of various kinds found in the Champlain valley, and nearly one thousand articles of pottery, pipes and copper implements. He has also an interesting collection of British flintlocks, cannonballs and belt buckles, relics of the way of 1812, and in co-operation with other Plattsburgh gentlemen, is striving to enlarge the collection, hoping some time to establish a museum to perpetuate and encourage this line of study. By virtue of his descent from Colonel Sherwood, he is a member of the Sons of the American Revolution. A large part of his collections have been personally discovered by Dr. Kellogg, who has visited every town in the county and most of the islands in Lake Champlain, in search of Indian and other relics. He located the sites of twenty-one Indian villages, the largest being one in the sand dunes near Dead Creek. Many samples of pottery and flint implements were found at the mouth of Big Chazy, and at South Plattsburgh. Some of the broken jars have been restored with much painstaking care, and the rachaeologist of the future will have much reason for gratitude to Dr. Kellogg's enthusiasm and interest in these matters. His collection of rare old china is also most interesting. A student by nature and habit, a cultured and amiable gentleman, Dr. Kellogg enjoys the friendship of many people outside of Plattsburgh and Clinton county, while the name of his admirers within those limits is legion.
He married, Sept. 22, 1875, Elizabeth Stafford, daughter of Douglas and Rebekah Wheeler (Francis) Smith, of Burlington, Vermont.
1. Robert Douglas, born Jan. 21, 1879; graduated from the University of Vermont in 1900, and is now practicing law in Chicago; admitted to the bar, in Springfield, Illinois, 1904.
2. Nelson, March 6, 1881; a graduate of the University of Vermont, 1902, and of the General Theological Seminary of New York, 1905, and is rector of a parish at Poultney, Vermont.
3. Elizabeth, Oct. 26, 1883; graduated at Wellesley College in 1905, and has taught two terms in the Plattsburgh high school, married June 19, 1909, Arthur E. Pope, of New York.
4. David Sherwood, Sept. 1, 1888; a member of the class of 1910 at the University of Vermont.
5. Francis Fellows, Sept. 6, 1894; a student of the Plattsburgh high school.
Census Records | Vital Records | Family Trees & Communities | Immigration Records | Military Records Directories & Member Lists | Family & Local Histories | Newspapers & Periodicals | Court, Land & Probate | Finding Aids