Nettie Byrd Harrison Smith
Born: 1885, January 14
Died: 1986, November 24 - buried in Memorial Park on Poplar Avenue, Memphis, TN
Nettie Byrd's Family
Spouse: Edward Walter Smith (b. 1880, d. 1966 - buried in Memorial Park on Poplar Avenue, Memphis, TN - Find A Grave Memorial #81993748) - m. 24 August 1909 in Memphis, TN
Children: Nettie Louise Smith Crider (b. ~1913), Edward Walter Smith II (b. 1914, d. 2008 in Sonora, CA), Martha Elizabeth Smith Ferguson (b. 1916, d. 1990) - m. Elbert Reginal “Bert” Ferguson (b. 1915, d. 1997), Willie (Willa) Kathryn Smith Miller (b. 1919)
Nettie Byrd's Heritage
Parents: Captain (CSA) William David Harrison, Mary Louise Alsobrook Harrison
Siblings: Willie Cassandra "Caroline" Harrison, Annie Harrison, Thomas Alsobrook Harrison, Cary Harvey Harrison, Walter Leigh Harrison, Martha Louise Harrison Dickenson, David Lawrence Harrison, Elizabeth (Beth) S. Harrison Vance
Find A Grave Memorial # 81579851
- 1900 Census Shelby County TN - line 77 "Harrison N B"
- 1910 Census Shelby County TN - line 86 "Smith Nellie [sic]" with husband
- 1920 Census Shelby County TN - line 2 "Smith Nettie H" with husband and four children
- 1930 Census Shelby County TN - line 54 "Smith Nettie B" with husband and four children
- 1940 Census Shelby County TN - line 6 "Smith Nettie H"
- Marker for Nettie and Edward in Memorial Park Funeral Home and Cemetery
United States Federal Census data
Family Records, unpublished records of the Harrison family - correspondence, Bibles, interviews, etc.
Newspaper accounts of weddings and deaths, and other public documents for wills, land transfers, etc.
Return to Names Directory
Comments or queries? — email
Census Records | Vital Records | Family Trees & Communities | Immigration Records | Military Records Directories & Member Lists | Family & Local Histories | Newspapers & Periodicals | Court, Land & Probate | Finding Aids