M, b. 17 July 1754, d. 23 February 1795
Wiat Rose|b. 17 Jul 1754\nd. 23 Feb 1795|p501.htm|Jeremiah Rose|b. 13 Sep 1724\nd. 1801|p502.htm|Bathsheba Rose|b. 1 Jan 1730/31\nd. bt 1823 - 1830|p503.htm|Gideon Rose|b. 8 May 1701|p590.htm|Lydia Turner|b. 17 Jun 1705|p591.htm|Thomas Rose III|b. 27 Feb 1705\nd. 12 Apr 1778|p504.htm|Joanna Wyatt|b. c 1705\nd. 28 Mar 1741|p505.htm|
Wiat Rose was born on 17 July 1754 at CT. He was the son of Jeremiah Rose and Bathsheba Rose. He married Maude Thankful Tanner, daughter of William Tanner III and Deliverance Briggs. He was a Lieutenant in a New York military regiment in 1788 at Albany Co, NY..4 He purchased 207 acres from Stephen Van Rensselaer on 4 December 1789 at Stephentown, NY..5,6 He was a Vice Lieutenant in Lt Col Jonathan Niles' Regiment at Rensselaer Co, NY..4 He died on 23 February 1795 at Stephentown, NY., at age 40. He was buried at Rose Cemetery, Stephentown, NY..
Children of Wiat Rose and Maude Thankful Tanner
- [S2308] Christine Rose, Rose Research Report - Joanna Rose Family.
- [S668] Cemetery Readings.
- [S3030] Stephentown Tax Assessment Rolls ,1779, 1787, 1788.
- [S3084] Hugh Hastings, Military Minutes of the Council of Appointment of the State of New York 1783 - 1819.
- [S3029] Rensselaer Manor Papers ,Box 3 or 4, Field Books of Surveys.
- [S3033] Rensselaer Co, NY. Deed Book ,Book 2, pp. 258,259; dated 9 Dec 1789, recorded 4 Feb 1798.