Robert Parry Jones1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8
M, b. 23 May 1886, d. 16 August 1935
Robert Parry Jones|b. 23 May 1886\nd. 16 Aug 1935|p307.htm|Hugh Jones|b. 12 Mar 1855\nd. 16 May 1930|p319.htm|Margaret Parry|b. c 1859\nd. 5 Dec 1912|p320.htm|Robert Jones|b. 1800\nd. 22 Dec 1862|p327.htm|Mary Jones|b. 1808\nd. 31 May 1883|p328.htm|John Parry|b. 1831\nd. 16 Feb 1914|p330.htm|Annie Roberts|b. c 1832\nd. 30 Nov 1893|p333.htm|
Robert Parry Jones was born on 23 May 1886 at Pendre, Llangwm, Denbigh, Wales. He was the son of Hugh Jones and Margaret Parry. He immigrated to the U.S. on the ship SS Canada, with his cousin Thomas Henry Roberts. See photo of ship in April 1907. He was a "joiner" or carpenter by trade. He brought his tools with him when he travelled first to San Francisco, which was rebuilding from the 1906 Earthquake, one year earlier. By 1910, he had moved to Portland, Oregon, where he continued to work as a carpenter. He went back to Wales, after his mother died. He returned to Portland in March 1913.9 He moved to California on 18 May 1918. He was a Sup. for Concrete Boat Co. in September 1918 at San Francisco, CA.. He was a house carpenter in 1920 at Oakland, CA.. He married Winifred "Winnie" Phillips, daughter of Thomas Phillips and Jane Davies, on 23 June 1920 at Portland, OR..10 He became a U.S. citizen on 12 August 1927. He died on 16 August 1935 at San Leandro, CA., at age 49. He was buried at Mt. View Cemetey, Oakland, CA; plot 56.
Robert Parry Jones
- [S1279] 1920 Alameda Co, CA. Census, Oakland.
- [S1355] 1930 Alameda Co, CA. Census, Berkeley.
- [S2514] Oakland Directory ,1922-23: 3128 Grove St; 1926: 654 55th; 1927 onward: 121 California St, Berkeley.
- [S2861] 1901 Llangwm, Denbigh, Wales Census, Pendre Farm.
- [S2863] 1891 Llangwm, Denbigh, Wales Census, Pendre Farm.
- [S2087] 1910 Multomah Co, OR. Census, Portland.
- [S1105] California Death Record.
- [S1035] W.W.I draft registration card.
- [S3837] Manifest of S.S. Empress of Britain ,Departure from Liverpool, 7 Mar 1913.
- [S1323] Oregon Marriage Record.