Charles Cheney Drew1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11,12
M, b. 24 October 1825, d. 4 January 1924
Charles Cheney Drew was born on 24 October 1825 at Holderness, NH.. He married Sarah Francis Ferson, daughter of John Ferson and Lucy Woods, on 1 June 1852 at Nashua, NH.. He moved to Oshkosh, WI in March 1856. He was co-partners with his brother-in-law Ferson of the first circular saw mill in Oshkosh, WI. The plant was destroyed by fire in 1860. To settle the business they agreed to arbitration. Ferson appealed the aribitration and the case was heard in the Wisconsin Superior Court and published in January 1866.13 He and Sarah Francis Ferson moved from Oshkosh, WI. to Charles City, IA. in 1863. He and Sarah Francis Ferson moved to Luverne, MN. in 1876. He was a pioneer furniture merchant at Luverne, MN.. He died on 4 January 1924 at Rock Co, MN., at age 98.
Children of Charles Cheney Drew and Sarah Francis Ferson
- [S2004] Knox Co Historical and Genealogical, The Mt. Desert Widow - Gamble Family.
- [S2018] 1900 Rock Co, MN. Census, Luverne.
- [S2022] 1910 Rock Co, MN. Census, Luverne.
- [S2023] 1920 Rock Co, MN. Census, Luverne.
- [S2024] 1885 Rock Co, MN. Census, Laverne.
- [S2025] 1905 Rock Co, MN. Census, Laverne.
- [S2026] 1895 Rock Co, MN. Census, Luverne.
- [S2027] 1880 Rock Co, MN. Census, La Verne.
- [S1690] Minnesota Death Index.
- [S2763] Arthur P. Rose, An Illustrated History of Rock and Pipestone, MN., pp. 447, 448.
- [S2002] 1860 Winnebago Co, WI. Census, Oshkosh.
- [S3721] 1870 Floyd Co, IA. Census, St. Charles.
- [S3357] Abram Daniel Smith, Reports of cases in the Supreme Court of Wisconsin.