(1) Rachel Heston, b 29 9th mo 1699, Hopewell Twp, Burlington Co, NJ; d 06 3rd mo 1761, Bucks Co, PA; m 22 Feb 1718, Wrightstown MM, Bucks Co, PA, John Lacey, b 22 7th mo 1696, Isle of Wight, ENGLAND; d 1771; son of William Lacey and Mary Parlett. Have known children.
(2) Hannah Heston, b 16 10th mo 1701, Burlington, Burlington Co, NJ; d 01 12th mon 1701, same.
(3) Zebulon Heston, b 04 11th mo 1702, near Trenton, Burlington Co, NJ; d 22 3rd mo 1776, Wrightstown MM, Bucks Co, PA, m 22 4th mo 1726, Wrightstown MM, Bucks Co, PA, Elizabeth Buckman, b 14 4th mo 1709, Wrightstown MM, Bucks Co, PA; d 30 11th mo 1793, same. This Zebulon paid a religious visit to the Delaware Indians in the West Ward of this province (PA), 25 7th mo to 9th mo 1773, to their town, called Newcomerstown, on the Muskingum River in OH - he was 71 years old and made the trip by horseback, accompanied by his grandnephew, John Lacey, III, who later became a Brigadier General in the PA militia, fighting under General George Washington. Have known children.
Zebulon Heston, Jr, (the one who married Elizabeth Buckman), was a Quaker minister and supposed to have been quite involved in the Underground Railroad for Runaway Slaves.
Website Editor's Note: John Lacey, III, is the grandnephew of Zebulon Heston, Jr, the Quaker minister. John's grandmother, Rachel (Heston) Lacey, is the older sister of Zebulon Heston, Jr.
(4) John Heston b 25 5th mo 1703, Burlington, Burlington Co, NJ; m 22 4th mo 1726, Elizabeth Gadson. Mentioned in brother Zebulon's will, dated 1773, as a carpenter. In 1790 census, there was a John Heston living in Donagal Twp, Westmoreland Co, PA - could this be the same John?
(5) Jemima Heston, b 24 9th mo 1707, Fallsington, Bucks Co, PA; d 14 2nd mo 1724, Wrightstown MM, Bucks Co, PA.
(6) Stephen Heston, b 05 11th mo 1710, Falls MM, Bucks Co, PA.
(7) Jacob Heston, b 20 5th mo 1713, Wrightstown MM, Bucks Co, PA; d 11 12th mo 1765, m 11 11th mo 1739/40, Merion MM, Montgomery Co, PA, Mary Warner, b 24 8th mo 1717, Blockley Twp, Philadelphia Co, PA; d 11 1st mo 1782, dau of John Warner and Mary Kirk. Jacob was a tailor by trade. On Tax List, 1756, Rapha Twp, Lancaster Co, PA. Have known children.
(8) Isaac Heston, b 17 5th mo 1716, Wrightstown MM, Bucks Co, PA; d 19 7th mo 1729, same.
(9) Thomas Heston, b 03 Aug 1718, Wrightstown MM, Bucks Co, PA; his estate was administered 09 11th mo 1749, Makefield Twp, Bucks Co, PA, with Zebulon Heston and John Chapman, Jr as administers. He was a shoemaker.
There is also an unexplained Benjamin Heston, b @ 1719; bur Philadelphia, PA, 24 9th mo 1792, aged 73 years, per Hinshaw. Benjamin m Rebecca Doane, b Wrightstown MM, Bucks Co, PA, 12 6th 1723; d Independence Twp, Sussex Co, NJ, 25 Dec 1792, dau of Elijah Doane and Catherine __________. Could this Benjamin be a 10th child of Zebulon and Dorothy?
Will continue with the known children of Rachel, Zebulon and Jacob tomorrow. Pat Heston Horn
This page revised FEB 22, 2007 Thursday evening by Martin J. BELLARD, a HESTON Family descendant in the SARAH HESTON AND JOHN BALLARD (or BELLARD) FAMILY CHAPTER, the Association Chief, the Editor of the HESTON FAMILY NEWSLETTER ONLINE AT ROOTSWEB.COM and the SNAIL MAIL VERSION, and the Webmaster of this Website.
Permission to copy for one's own personal use and limited distribution to other HESTON Family descendants for their own personal use. Copyright 2002 - 2007.
Census Records | Vital Records | Family Trees & Communities | Immigration Records | Military Records Directories & Member Lists | Family & Local Histories | Newspapers & Periodicals | Court, Land & Probate | Finding Aids