Hendy Family of New York
Generation No. 1
1. SAMUEL1 HENDY was born 1733, and died September 20, 1808 in Elmira, NY.. He married REBECCA.
Child of SAMUEL HENDY and REBECCA is:
2. i. JOHN2 HENDY, b. September 03, 1757, Pennytown, Hunterdon Co., NJ.; d. March 15, 1840, Elmira, Chemung Co., NY.
Generation No. 2
2. JOHN2 HENDY (SAMUEL1) was born September 03, 1757 in Pennytown, Hunterdon Co., NJ., and died March 15, 1840 in Elmira, Chemung Co., NY.. He married MARY POLLY BAKER 1777.
Notes for JOHN HENDY:
Pension file doesn't state wife or children. Does state that John was born in "Pennytown", New Jersey, "close to Trenton." Not known who received last pension check for John. No widows pension claimed.
Descendancy chart for John Hendy and Mary Polly Baker came from Elmira Historical Society, NY. Chart states the John's father is Samuel HENDY and mother is Rebecca ?. Pension papers do NOT mention father or mother or any of his family. Only military concerns. He fought at the battle of Trenton.
Children of JOHN HENDY and MARY BAKER are:
i. REBECCA3 HENDY, b. June 06, 1778; m. JOHN CULP, 1795.
Notes for REBECCA HENDY:
DAR # 273025
3. ii. SAMUEL HENDY, b. Abt. 1781; d. Abt. 1846, Sullivan County, IN..
iii. BETSEY HENDY, b. Abt. 1783; d. Aft. 1840; m. JOHN ROADES, Bef. 1829.
iv. ANN HENDY, b. Abt. 1785; d. 1811.
v. SARAH HENDY, b. 1787; d. 1869, Oakland, MI.; m. JOSEPH MORRISON, 1810.
Notes for SARAH HENDY:
vi. THOMAS HENDY, b. October 05, 1789, Elmira, Chemung Co., NY.; d. May 02, 1860, Clark County, ILL.; m. ELIZABETH BARTLETT, Abt. 1811, Ill..
vii. JANE HENDY, b. 1791; d. Aft. 1860, Clark County, ILL.; m. WILLIAM BARTLETT, NY.
viii. JOHN HENDY, b. April 11, 1792; d. August 25, 1875, Jackson County, MI; m. SUSANNA BARTLETT.
ix. HANNAH HENDY, b. May 06, 1796; m. CUSHING SNOW, 1814.
x. MARY HENDY, b. May 11, 1799; d. May 07, 1858, Elmira, Chemung Co., NY.; m. JOSEPH BIDLEMAN, November 30, 1825, Elmira, Chemung Co., NY..
Notes for MARY HENDY:
DAR # 401426
Generation No. 3
3. SAMUEL3 HENDY (JOHN2, SAMUEL1) was born Abt. 1781, and died Abt. 1846 in Sullivan County, IN.. He married PHOEBE BAILY.
Notes for SAMUEL HENDY:
Resourse: USGENWEB-FULTON COUNTY HISTORY, 1890
Samuel Hendy born in New York. Father, John HENDY, a farmer who lived near Elmira, New York and died at the age of 85 years. Samuel was a boatman and a farmer. Sailing down the Susquahanna and Wabash Rivers. He moved to Indiana and later to Clark County, ILL. but finally settling in Indiana where he died a the age of 65. Capt. in the war of 1812. Where? New York?
SAR # 108877
Child of SAMUEL HENDY and PHOEBE BAILY is: 4. i. ANNE4 HENDY, b. May 18, 1809, Tioga County, NY..
Generation No. 4
4. ANNE4 HENDY (SAMUEL3, JOHN2, SAMUEL1) was born May 18, 1809 in Tioga County, NY.. She married LEWIS BREEDEN, son of ELIJAH BREEDEN and ELIZABETH SIMPSON.
Notes for ANNE HENDY:
Resource: ILGENWEB-History of Fulton County, 1890. Give the Breeden line as far back as Elijah. Says that Elijah's parents came from England prior to the Revolution.
Notes for LEWIS BREEDEN:
Also spelled as Louis.
Children of ANNE HENDY and LEWIS BREEDEN are:
i. JOHN5 BREEDEN, b. October 1831.
ii. LUCINDA BREEDEN.
iii. JAMES BREEDEN.
iv. AMANDA BREEDEN, m. ? SAWYER.
v. ORRIN H. BREEDEN.
vi. PHOEBE A. BREEDEN, m. ? RENSHAW.
vii. LOUISA BREEDEN.
Census Records | Vital Records | Family Trees & Communities | Immigration Records | Military Records Directories & Member Lists | Family & Local Histories | Newspapers & Periodicals | Court, Land & Probate | Finding Aids