(say 1765 - )
|Relationship||4th great-grandmother of Lorna Henderson|
BMDB dataCharlotte Parkerson (T2b4a) was born say 1765 ?ESS, ENG, (date assumes at least 18 when married).
Charlotte Parkerson (T2b4a) married William Parker on 7 Nov 1787 at Bocking, ESS, ENG, entry # 61 reads: Wm Parker, batchr of this Parish of Bocking & Charlotte Parkerson spinster of the same were married ... by banns this 7th day of Nov 1787 by me H Wikeham. X mark of both, wit: Thomas Rags, John Parkerson (both made their mark rather than signing).1
NamesCharlotte Parkerson (T2b4a) has also been shown (incorrectly) in records as Tyrell as daughter's death cert erronously given Charlotte's husband's name as William TyrellL.3
All the other infoCharlotte Parkerson (T2b4a) and Tara (T2b4a) are related as Tara is the direct maternal ancestor of Lorna, proven by a mitochondrial DNA test. Lorna's proven maternal ancestral line goes: Lorna (NZ), Alice Henderson nee Andrews (NZ); Honor Andrews nee Rowe (NZ); Emma Rowe nee Austin (Australia to NZ); Emma Gibson/Austin nee Clinton (London to Australia to NZ); Jemima Clinton nee Parker (Essex to London to Australia to NZ) with a further possible generation to Charlotte Parker nee Parkinson (Essex) and an awful lot more women who will obviously remain completely undocumented back from the 1760s to 15000 BC.
I see that Oxford Ancestors has one, and only one, direct match for my mDNA on their database although there are many other Tara descendants, including a lady in Auckland whose forbears lived in Essex and moved to London, just like mine, about the same time. Unfortunately, the direct match one hasn't chosen to share her contact details
With FamilyTreeDNA's upgrade of their mtDNA matching, and an upgrade of my mtDNA test, more matches are becoming apparent (Dec 2012), although with the slow mutation rates for mtDNA, finding the linkages is still needle in universe territory.
One was born abt 1770 in Norfolk (a Rebecca NEAVE).2,4,5
For a collaborative genealogy wiki including Charlotte Parkerson (T2b4a) see WeRelate.6
Charlotte Parkerson (T2b4a) belongs to a DNA tested line. Click here for further information.
|Charts||Maternal ancestors of Lorna|
|Last Edited||30 Dec 2012|
- Boyds marriage index, ESS, ENG: Marr. 1787 William PARKER and Charlotte PARKERSON, Page 16, extracted Sep/Oct 1994/5.
- Oxford University, "Oxford Ancestors DNA test", refer to Bryan SYKES' book "The Seven Daughters of Eve", Aug 2002.
- Jemima CLINTON nee PARKER, DC CLINTON, Jemima, 1861, VIC AUS, P/copy of certified copy dated Jun 1986, rcvd from Joan Ewers, Jan 1994, (annotated with comment, in what looks like Frances RADFORD's writing, that the informant had Jemima's maiden name wrong, should be PARKER not TYRELL, with mother as Charlotte PARKER nee TYRELL).
- Oxford University, "Oxford Ancestors DNA test", refer to Bryan SYKES' book "The Seven Daughters of Eve", Database of results, http://www.oxfordancestors.co.uk/members/, searched Apr 2007.
- FamilyTree DNA, "FamilyTree DNA."
- WeRelate online at http://WeRelate.org, Dec 2011.
- Births & baptisms, Bap. 1793 Jemima PARKER, p/copy rcvd from Joan E, Jan 1994, (no mother's surname mentioned).
E. & O. E. Some/most parish records are rather hard to read and names, places hard to interpret, particularly if you are unfamiliar with an area. Corrections welcome