Albemarle Co., VA to Augusta Co., VA; Late Seventeen Hundreds to Mid-Eighteen Hundreds
William Chapman. He married Sarah Sallie Alphin 30 March, 1791 in Albemarle Co., VA, daughter of John Alphin and Martha Shepherd.
Children of William Chapman and Sarah Alphin are:
1. Mary "Polly" Chapman, born Abt. 1792 in State of Virginia; died Bef. 1850 in Augusta Co., VA.
2. Martha Chapman, born Abt. 1795 in State of Virginia.
3. Rebecca Chapman, born Abt. 1800 in State of Virginia. She married John H. Morris Abt. 01 August, 1820 in Augusta Co., VA.
4. Elizabeth Chapman, born Abt. 1802; died Aft. 1854. She married Jesse Gregory 03 January, 1822 in Augusta Co., VA.
5. Virginia Chapman, born Abt. 1806 in Rockingham Co., VA; died 02 February, 1884 in Waynesboro, Augusta Co., VA. She married John B. Taylor 29 October, 1828 in Augusta Co., VA.
6. William Chapman, born Abt. 1810 in Waynesboro, Augusta Co., VA; died 02 April, 1871 in Waynesboro, Augusta Co., VA.
Essex Co., VA; Early Seventeen Hundreds
THOMAS DAY died Aft. 05 December, 1705 in Essex Co., VA (Probable). He married ELIZABETH UNKNOWN.
Child of THOMAS DAY and ELIZABETH UNKNOWN is:
1. ELIZA MARY ANGELLICA DAY, b. Bet. 1687 - 1699, Essex Co., VA; d. Aft. 1750; m. GEORGE SHEPHERD, Abt. 1725, Spotsylvania Co., VA.
State of South Carolina to Rabun Co., GA; Early Eighteen Hundreds to Mid-Eighteen Hundreds
WILLIAM OR JOHN MOORE.
Children of WILLIAM OR JOHN MOORE are:
1. REBECCA MOORE, b. State of South Carolina; d. August 1880; m. ELI RITCHIE, 04 March, 1813, Tamasee, SC.
2. WILLIAM MOORE, m. MARY UNKNOWN.
Augusta Co., VA; Early Eighteen Hundreds
John H. Morris. He married Rebecca Chapman Abt. 01 August, 1820 in Augusta Co., VA, daughter of William Chapman and Sarah Alphin.
Children of John Morris and Rebecca Chapman are:
1. Jennie Morris. She married Dave Ward.
2. Frances Jane Morris, born Abt. 1835 in Staunton, Augusta Co., VA. She married Henry Kosciusko Dettor Abt. 1859 in the State of Virginia, son of Matthias Dettor and Elizabeth Suddarth.
Jessamine or Mercer Co., KY to Lafayette Co., MS; Late Seventeen Hundreds to Mid-Eighteen Hundreds
Joseph Henderson Nicholas was born 1774 in Jessamine or Mercer Co., KY, and died Bef. 1851 in Lafayette Co., MS (Possible). He married Elizabeth Poindexter Bef. 1806 in State of Kentucky.
Children of Joseph Nicholas and Elizabeth Poindexter are:
1. Mary "Polly" Nicholas, born 1806 in State of Kentucky; died Aft. 1870 in Smith Co., TX (Probable).
2. Isaiah Allen Nicholas, born Bet. 1808 - 1809 in State of Kentucky or Virginia; died Bet. 1870 - 1880 in Lafayette Co., MS.
3. John Wesley Nicholas, born 01 January, 1810; died in Van Zandt Co., TX.
4. Olive S. Nicholas, born 01 October, 1813 in State of Kentucky; died Bef. 1884 in Lafayette Co., MS. She married Albert G. Browning Abt. 1837, son of Joseph Browning and Betsey St. Clair.
Pike Co., MS to Amite Co., MS; Mid-Eighteen Hundreds to Late Eighteen Hundreds
(NOTE: Daniel is found on the 1870 census of Tangipahoa Pr., LA with daughters that have very similar given names to these below. It seems highly probable that he is the father of these.)
Children of Unknown Perkins are:
1. Emma Perkins, born 10 August, 1859; died 07 April, 1948. She married Jesse Murray Crawford 29 December, 1886 in Pike Co., MS.
2. Susie Perkins.
3. Mary Perkins.
4. Catherine Perkins.
5. Margaret Maggie Louise Perkins, born Abt. 1868; died Abt. 1941 in Jackson, Feliciana Parish, LA. She married Jesse J. McDaniel 19 July, 1886 in Pike Co., MS.
State of Virginia to Rabun Co., GA; Late Seventeen Hundreds to Mid-Eighteen Hundreds
WILLIAM SAMS was born 1755 in Lunenburg or Halifax Co., VA, and died 1825 in Union Co., IL. He married MARTHA EDWARDS Bef. 1780 in Henry Co., VA, daughter of THOMAS EDWARDS and LUCY UNKNOWN.
Children of WILLIAM SAMS and MARTHA EDWARDS are:
1. VALONEL SAMS.
2. WILLIAM SAMS, b. 1780; m. MARGARET TUCKER.
3. RICE SAMS, b. 1781; m. ELIZABETH BIGGERSTAFF.
4. ELIZABETH SAMS, b. 1784.
5. LAVINIA SAMS, b. 15 December, 1786, Washington Co., TN; d. 01 June, 1856, Rabun Co., GA; m. JESSE CARTER, 02 May, 1805, Buncombe Co., NC.
6. THOMAS SAMS, b. 1787; m. SALLY BOREN.
7. DAVID SAMS, b. 1789; m. NANCY SMITH.
8. WILEY SAMS, b. 1797.
Northumberland Co., VA to Loudoun Co., VA to Fairfax Co., VA; Late Sixteen Hundreds to Mid-Seventeen Hundreds
Richard Shirley. He married Ann Unknown.
Children of Richard Shirley and Ann Unknown are:
1. Thomas Shirley, born 09 December, 1700. He married Mary Graham.
2. Richard Shirley, born 08 August, 1707; died Aft. 1750 in Fairfax Co., VA.
Richard Shirley was born 08 August, 1707, and died Aft. 1750 in Fairfax Co., VA. He married Mary Graham, daughter of Edward Graham and Patience Stafford.
Child of Richard Shirley and Mary Graham is:
1. Mary? Shirley. She married Wayman Sinkler or St. Clair , Sr. Bef. 1742.
STRUECKER (Originally spelled STRÜCKER; also found as STROBER and other)
Germany to York Co., PA; Mid-Seventeen Hundreds to Early Eighteen Hundreds
Martin Strücker. He married Susanna Unknown.
Children of Martin Strücker and Susanna Unknown are:
1. Maria Clara Strücker. She married John Groll 22 November, 1761 in York Co., PA.
2. Susan or Susanna Strücker. She married Törk Optograff or Updegraff 28 November, 1758 in York Co., PA.
3. Maria Magdalena Strober (Strücker), born Abt. 1734; died Bef. 08 May, 1817. She married Mattheis Dötter/Doetter 19 February, 1754 in York Co., PA.
State of North Carolina to State of Tennessee to Amite Co., MS; Late Seventeen Hundreds to Mid-Eighteen Hundreds
Phillip Taylor was born Bet. 1750 - 1760, and died Aft. 1850. He married Susana Unknown.
Children of Phillip Taylor and Susana Unknown are:
1. David Taylor, born Abt. 1790 in State of North Carolina. He married Martha Scott 24 December, 1812 in Amite Co., MS.
2. Unknown Taylor, born Abt. 1792.
3. Unknown Taylor, born Abt. 1794.
4. Sarah Taylor, born 13 January, 1796 in State of North Carolina or Tennessee; died 16 September, 1883 in Amite Co., MS. She married Abraham Roberts III 07 November, 1813 in Franklin Co., MS.
5. Unknown Taylor, born Abt. 1798.
6. Elias Taylor, born Abt. 1800 in State of North Carolina. He married Lavinia Bass 10 September, 1818 in Amite Co., MS.
7. Lovy Taylor, born Abt. 1800 in State of North Carolina or Tennessee; died 1894 in Amite Co., MS. She married Robert Middleton Roberts 17 August, 1815 in Amite Co., MS.
8. Asa Taylor, born 21 August, 1801 in State of North Carolina or Tennessee; died 13 October, 1881. He married (1) Ansabel Clark 27 November, 1827 in Amite Co., MS. He married (2) Charity Andrews 03 January, 1848 in Amite Co., MS. He married (3) Sarah Sallie Freeman 09 October, 1851 in Amite Co., MS.
9. Unknown Taylor, born Abt. 1803 in State of North Carolina.
10. Calvin Taylor, born 1805 in State of North Carolina.
Ireland to Abbeville District, SC; Early Seventeen Hundreds to Mid-Eighteen Hundreds
JAMES WEBB, SR. was born Abt. 1716 in Ireland, and died 12 September, 1794 in Abbeville District, SC. He married (1) ANDREA UNKNOWN. He married (2) ELIZABETH MAXWELL Abt. 1754.
Child of JAMES WEBB and ANDREA UNKNOWN is:
1. MARY WEBB, b. Abt. 1751, Ireland.
Children of JAMES WEBB and ELIZABETH MAXWELL are:
1. ANDREW WEBB, b. 31 August, 1755, IRE (?); d. 12 October, 1808, State of South Carolina (Probable); m. AGNES UNKNOWN.
2. SARAH WEBB, b. Abt. 1759, IRE; d. Bet. 1803 - 1805, Abbeville Co., SC; m. JOHN MCADAMS, Abt. 1778.
3. JOHN WEBB, b. Abt. 1763.
4. ELIZABETH WEBB, b. Aft. 1765; d. Bef. 1820, Abbeville District, SC (Probable); m. ANDREW RITCHIE, 1788, Abbeville District, SC.
5. AGNES WEBB, b. Aft. 1765; m. WILLIAM FULLERTON.
6. JAMES WEBB, JR., b. Aft. 1765.
7. MARY WEBB.
More information on descendants of these families is available. Please email us. firstname.lastname@example.org
Original background graphics by Elaine Randall English
Copyright ã Elaine Randall English, 1999-2002
Census Records | Vital Records | Family Trees & Communities | Immigration Records | Military Records Directories & Member Lists | Family & Local Histories | Newspapers & Periodicals | Court, Land & Probate | Finding Aids