York Co., VA to Middlesex Co., VA to Henry Co., VA; Mid-Sixteen Hundreds to Mid-Seventeen Hundreds
Peter Shelton was born 1664 in York Co., VA, and died 01 September, 1718 in Middlesex Co., VA. He married (1) Susanna Jackson 02 March, 1683/84 in Middlesex Co., VA. He married (2) Abigail Unknown Abt. 1691 in Middlesex Co., VA (Possible).
Children of Peter Shelton and Susanna Jackson are:
1. William Shelton, born 18 January, 1679/80 in Middlesex Co., VA.
2. Peter Shelton, born 20 November, 1687 in Middlesex Co., VA; died 17 December, 1717 in Middlesex Co., VA.
3. Susanna Shelton, born Abt. 1689.
Children of Peter Shelton and Abigail Unknown are:
1. Henry Shelton, born September 1691 in Middlesex Co., VA; died 28 December, 1716.
2. Thomas Shelton, born September 1693 in Middlesex Co., VA.
3. Zebulon Shelton, born August 1700 in Middlesex Co., VA; died Abt. January 1777 in Henry Co., VA.
Peter's will (Middlesex Co., VA WB B-107) in 1718 mentions sons Peter, William, Thomas and Zebulon. No son Ralph is mentioned, nor daughter Susanna. The will does mention grandchildren Thomas and Susanna, children of son Peter, deceased. To his widow : "Abigale all land during her life, then to Zebulon". Executors Abigale, Thomas and Zebulon.
" KNOW ALL MEN by these presents that wee ABIGAL CHILTON, THOMAS CHILTON and ZEBULON CHILTON of Middlesex County are bound unto ROGER JONES gent first in Commission of the peace for said county in sum of one hundred pounds Sterl. this 2d day of June 1719.
The condition of this obligation is such that if Abigal Chilton Executrix of the last Will and Testament of PETER CHILTON decd do make a true inventory of said deced Estate and exhibit the same in County Court when required and truly administer according to Law and make a true account of her actings and doings therein and truly pay the Legacys that then this obligation to be voyd and otherwise to remain.
Abigal (mark) Chilton
Chilton Zebulon (mark) Chilton
At a Court held for Middlesex County the 2nd day of June 1719
This bond was presented in Court and admitted to record. ".
Zebulon Shelton was born August 1700 in Middlesex Co., VA, and died Abt. January 1777 in Henry Co., VA. He married Mary Goare 20 February, 1720/21 in Middlesex Co., VA, daughter of Joseph Goare and Mary Allison.
Children of Zebulon Shelton and Mary Goare are:
1. Sarah Shelton, born 18 September, 1721 in Middlesex Co., VA. She married Ransom Alphin Abt. 1750 in Middlesex or Orange Co., VA, son of Joseph Alphin and Constance Stiff.
2. Abigale Shelton, born 05 January, 1722/23 in Middlesex Co., VA.
Zebulon was christened 04 Aug 1700, Middlesex Co., VA
Zebulon died intestate Henry Co., VA Jan 1777. His probate record is the first entry in the Henry Co., VA WB 1-1. No heirs are listed, apparently all deceased? A John Shelton was Administrator of his estate and James Shelton was his security. No known family connection, possible cousins? Zebulon's estate consisted of only a couple of horses and a saddle, with the value of £75. Wife Mary died 07 Mar 1743, Middlesex Co., VA.
More information on descendants of this family is available. Please email us. email@example.com
Original background graphics by Elaine Randall English
Copyright ã Elaine Randall English, 1999-2002