State of Maryland to State of Virginia; Mid-Seventeen Hundreds to Mid-Eighteen Hundreds
Click on images for enlarged graphics:
Robert Chapman died Abt. November 1749. He married (1) Elizabeth Unknown. He married (2) Unknown.
Children of Robert Chapman and Unknown are:
1. Susanna Chapman. She married Joseph Arnold 20 July, 1736.
2. John Chapman.
3. Robert Chapman, born Bet. 1707 - 1708 in Baltimore, MD; died Aft. December 1776. He married Margaret Unknown.
4. Isaac? Chapman. He married Mary Fitzpatrick 27 October, 1734 in Baltimore Co., MD (Probable).
Robert Chapman, born Bet. 1707-1708 in Baltimore, MD; died Aft. December 1776. He married Margaret Unknown.
Children of Robert Chapman and Margaret Unknown are:
1. Robert Chapman, born Aft. 1736; died Abt. 1804.
2. Luke Chapman, born Aft. 1736; died Abt. 1790.
3. Daniel Chapman, born Aft. 1736; died Abt. 1753.
4. James Chapman, born Aft. 1736; died Abt. 1772.
5. Nathan Chapman, born Abt. 1740 in Baltimore, MD; died 1807.
6. Helen Chapman, born 18 June, 1763; died 1823 in Baltimore Co., MD (Probable). She married Thomas Gorsuch.
Nathan Chapman was born Abt. 1740 in Baltimore, MD, and died 1807. He married Rebecca Griffith Abt. 1760.
Children of Nathan Chapman and Rebecca Griffith are:
1. Jemima Chapman, born Aft. 1760. She married William Hudson 02 November, 1780.
2. William Chapman, born Aft. 1760.
3. Rebecca Chapman, born Aft. 1760. She married Benjamin Gist Vaughn 05 October, 1791.
4. James Chapman, born Aft. 1760. He married Rachel Merryman 15 February, 1798.
5. Nathan Chapman, born Aft. 1760.
6. Mary Chapman, born Aft. 1760. She married Mathias Rider.
7. Hannah Chapman, born Aft. 1760; died 14 September, 1823.
8. Joshua Chapman, born Aft. 1760; died Abt. 1795.
9. Elizabeth Chapman, born 1762 in Baltimore, MD; died 26 September, 1839 in Albemarle Co., VA. She married John Dettor , Sr. 20 February, 1781 in Baltimore Co., MD.
10. Helen Chapman, born Abt. 1774; died 02 March, 1831. She married John Reister 20 December, 1801.
11. Job Chapman, born Abt. 1776.
The Last Will and Testament of Nathan Chapman
Baltimore County Register of Wills
Volume 8, pp. 198-199
CR 72, 243
The Last Will & Testament of NATHAN CHAPMAN, SENR.
In the Name of God Amen. I NATHAN CHAPMAN SENR. Of Baltimore County and State of Maryland, Farmer, being in perfect health and of sound mind memory and understanding but considering the uncertainty of this transitory life, I do make publish and declare this my last Will and Testament, in manner and form following to wit.
First of all I commend my soul to Almighty God who gave it and my body to the earth to be decently entered at the discretion of my Executors.
Item, First of all I will and bequeath unto my beloved wife REBEKA CHAPMAN my manor plantation containing one hundred thirty two acres three quarters of Land. Also my negro boy BILL and negro HANNAH and negro DEBORAH and negro SILVA and the plantation utensils and stock as she may think proper for her own use as long as she lives and after her decease the whole of my Estate to be sold and equally divided amongst my surviving heirs here after mentioned as they can agree. I will and divide to my Eleven Children, namely, JEMIMA HUTSON, ELIZABETH DETTOR, WILLIAM CHAPMAN, REBECKAH VAUGHAN , JAMES CHAPMAN, NATHAN CHAPMAN JUNR., JOBE CHAPMAN, HELLEN REISTER, MARY CHAPMAN, JOHN CHAPMAN and HANNAH CHAPMAN all my real and personal Estate after my wife decease and then to be equally divided amongst my surviving heirs to be enjoyed by them and their heirs forever. And I hereby nominate and appoint my two sons NATHAN CHAPMAN, JUNR. And JOHN CHAPMAN Executors of this my last Will and Testament hereby revoking all former will or wills by me heretofore made. In Witness whereof I have set my hand and seal this 19th day of May in the year of our Lord-one thousand Eight hundred and seven.
Signed Sealed published and delivered by the above named NATHAN CHAPMAN, SENR. For his last will and Testament in the presence of us who have hereunto subscribed our names as witnesses in the presence of the said Testator and in presence of each other.
NATHAN CHAPMAN, SENR. (LS)
JACOB WOOBRY (?)
As on the 8th day of July 1807 came JOSEPH MATHER, JACOB WOOBRY (?) and RICHARD CLARK the three subscribing evidences to the aforegoing last Will and Testament of NATHAN CHAPMAN, SENR., deceased, and made oath etc., that they did see the Testator sign and seal this Will that they heard him publish pronounce and declare the same to be his last Will and Testament, that at the time of his so doing he was to the best of their apprehension of sound disposing mind memory and understanding that they subscribed their names as witnesses to this Will in his presence at his request and in the presence of each other.
Sworn before me Register of Wills for Balto. County
More information on descendants of this family is available. Please email us. firstname.lastname@example.org
Original background graphics by Elaine Randall English
Copyright ã Elaine Randall English, 1999-2002
Census Records | Vital Records | Family Trees & Communities | Immigration Records | Military Records Directories & Member Lists | Family & Local Histories | Newspapers & Periodicals | Court, Land & Probate | Finding Aids