Person Page 20092
|Father||Reuben Pettit1 b. between 1770 and 1780, d. 29 July 1846|
|Mother||Phoebe (?)1 b. 1778|
|Marriage*||before 1844||Mary Pettit married (?) Houseman before 1844.1|
|Death*||after 1844|| |
Mary died after 1844.1
|(Witness) Will||15 April 1844||Mary Pettit is named as a daughter in the will of Reuben Pettit on 15 April 1844 at Yates, Orleans county, New York; In this will he decrees the following items:|
1. Names wife as Phoebe. She is to receive all land, goods and chatle, except the household furnishings??. But she may use that furniture as long as daughters Harriet and Jane remain at home, unmarried.
2. Son Robert received 25 acres of land on 10 March 1844. He was to take care of Reuben and Phoebe in exchange for this land, during their life time. BUT, if now Phoebe prefers to run her own affairs and manage that land, Robert is exonerated from that responsibility.
3. After the death of Phoebe the land is to be evenly divided among the children of Reuben and Phoebe. That land in 1844, he says is about 41 acres.
Children named are:
In addition: The above mentioned children are to pay, jointly $10 to each of the following children of Reuben and Phoebe.
4. Upon the death of Phoebe, the personal property was to be divided between son Solomon, Reuben and Daniel and the household furniture was to go to Harriet and Jane or their survivors.
5. Solomon Pettit was to be the executor of this estate.1
This database was prepared for my children and their children......but I hope that you enjoy it, also. If you find any broken LINKS, or any errors........or if you have anything to add to this work please contact me. Thank you
Compiler: Pomala Black
This page was created by John Cardinal's Second Site v1.9.16.
Site updated on 21 Mar 2007; 21,972 people
Census Records | Vital Records | Family Trees & Communities | Immigration Records | Military Records Directories & Member Lists | Family & Local Histories | Newspapers & Periodicals | Court, Land & Probate | Finding Aids