Person Page 19237
|Father||**Richard Remington1 b. 1485, d. 16 September 1556|
|Mother||**Agnes Blake1 b. 1499, d. after 1535|
|Birth||1535||Richard was born in 1535 at Lund, Yorkshire, England.1
|Marriage||circa 1582||Richard Remington married **Elizabeth Hutton, daughter of **Matthew Hutton and **Beatrix Fincham, circa 1582 in Lockington, Yorkshire, England. Their children were at least:
1. Mary Remington b: 1586 she was to marry John Hotham in 1602, son of John H of Scorborough, but she did not. Instead, she married Sir Henry Anderson of Newcastle.
2. Beatrix Remington b: 1588
3. Richard Remington b: 1590, m Mary Hotham, dau. of John H. in 1601. He was 11 years old. Richard was baptized there 18 October, 1590, married at the ago of eleven, and was buried at Lund 4 January, 1648-9. His widow was buried at Lockington 22 October, 1653. and her daughter Frances married 23 August, 1645, at Lund, her first cousin Durand Hotham, who, with his brother Charles stood by his father in the dock at his trial, and was living in 1687.
4. Timothy Remington b: 1592 dca 1680
5. Henry Remington b: 1593
6. Robert Remington b: 1594
7. Elizabeth Remington b: 1595
10. John Remington b: ABT 1602 in Garrowby, England.
Mary, Beatrix, and Elizabeth, were baptized in the years 1586, 1588, 1595, respectively; Matthew, Richard, and Henry, in 1559, 1590, 1593.
It appears that Richard was the oldest son and he was at least 20 years old in 1612, meaning that he was born before 1692.1,2
|1582||In the listing of the archdeacons of East Riding
it is indicated that he had a Master of Arts Degree. No school is named.
He was installed as an archdeacon in 1582 and was still serving in this
capacity in 1589.
|He was the rector of Lockington parish, Archdeacon
of East Riding of Yorkshire. Archdeacon is a administrative post in the
Anglican church over that of parish reverands but below the bishop.
Picture of this church.
|Death||10 Nov 1615||Richard died on 10 November 1615 at Lockington,Yorkshire, England.1|
|Family||**Elizabeth Hutton||b. 1568, d. 26 March 1602|
|Children||1.||Elizabeth Remington b. 5 Aug 15953|
|2.||**Lt John Remington+ b. 1 Feb 1599, d. 8 Jun 16671|
This database was prepared for my children and their
children......but I hope that you enjoy it, also. If you find any
broken LINKS, or any errors........or if you have anything to add to
this work please contact me. Thank you
Compiler: Pomala Black
This page was created by John Cardinal's Second Site v1.9.16.
Site updated on 22 Feb 2009; 23,353 people