Search billions of records on



A parish of the Diocese of Easton, it is the oldest Episcopal church in the state having continuous services.
The present church is the second building on the site and was built in 1713.
George Copper Sr & Mary Moss were married in the original church building 31 Dec 1700.
The Church is surrounded by a beautiful churchyard which includes, among other things,
an eighteenth century Vestry House and the Bicentennial Oak.

St Paul's East side
View of East side of St. Paul's Church

St Paul Interior
Interior of St. Paul's Church

Vestry House
Vestry House

Oak Tree
A Swamp Chestnut Oak - designated a Kent County Bicentennial Tree in July, 1976, by the
Maryland Bicentennial Commission. It stands near the main entrance to the Church yard,
116 feet high, 10 feet thick and over 400 years old.
(Also shown to the right)

Oak Marker
Plaque at the foot of the tree:
It has stood its ground
Survived the American Revolution and
Continues to serve an appreciative nation
JULY 1976
American                                          American
Bicentennial Committee               Forest Service

Photos have been shared by 
Craig & Marcia Copper and Linda Hunley

horizontal bar

Web page designed, created and maintained by: Berneta Ann Gilmore

Updated: Mar 2016
Copyright © 1998-2016 The Copper Family

The text and photographs on these pages are free for the use of personal family and historical research.
They may be copied or printed for personal use,
they may NOT be copied or posted to another web site, mailing list or forum
without permission from the original contributor and/or webmaster.
They are NOT to be reproduced, sold, linked to, or redistributed in any way that is "for profit"
or in any way that violates the "free information" policies of the host of this site.