Search billions of records on Ancestry.com

Re: Bejamin George Harrison

[ Follow Ups ] [ Harrison Genealogy BBS ]

Posted by Scott Harrison on October 11, 1998 at 17:17:03:

In Reply to: Bejamin George Harrison posted by Cathy Harrison on September 02, 1998 at 18:22:49:

: Looking for information on Benjamin George Harrison of St. Francis, Kansas. Wife was Vera L. Harrison (my grandparents). They had four children: Harriet, Hubert, Kenneth, and Corrine. B.G. Harrison's father was Latham Edward Harrison and mother was Cora Harrison. After that I am clueless.

------------
Here is some of the information that I have:

Benjamin George Harrison-born 27-Apr-1889 at St. Francis, Cheyenne County, Kansas.  His parents were Latham Edward HARRISON and Cora Edna (TIPPIN) HARRISON.  He married Vera Lucille COVER on 10-Sep-1908.  They resided in Springfield, Illinois.

Latham Edward HARRISON-born 5-Aug-1866 at Le Grant, Tama County, Iowa.  His parents were Rev. David HARRISON and Margaret ADAIR.  He married Cora Edna TIPPIN on 27-Jun-1888 in Mankato, Jewell County, Kansas.

Cora Edna TIPPIN-born 16-Aug-1867 at Clarinda, page County, Iowa.  Her parents were George Manton TIPPIN and Amanda Jane (MONTGOMERY) TIPPIN.

My ggggrandfather was Rev. David HARRISON.  My gggrandfather was Ira HARRISON, brother of Latham Edward HARRISON.  Ira HARRISON married Hadassah Sarah Luella TIPPIN (sister of Cora Edna TIPPIN) on 1-Feb-1883 at Mankato, Jewell County, Kansas.

I have come by this information from some papers of my late grandfather Ira John HARRISON who lived at Miller Place, Long Island, NY.  They seem to be pages copied from an unknown book.  From the couple of pages I have, the book seemed to be more about the TIPPIN line.  However, since the brothers HARRISON married the sisters TIPPIN there is a lot of cross information.

There is some information about Rev. David HARRISON in the book "History of Methodism in Northwest Kansas" by William Henry Sweet, D.D., published in 1920 by Kansas Wesleyan University.

I have contacted the archive office of the Kansas-West United Methodist Conference.  They are currently working on a search of Rev. David HARRISON for me.

Rev. David HARRISON was pastor at Bird City, Cheyenne County, Kansas, from 1889-1892.  He was on the St. Francis, Cheyenne County, Kansas, circuit from 1892-1893.  I believe he was ordained a Local Elder in 1891.

I would be glad to compare notes and share what is found about our mutual ancestors.

-scott harrison

Follow Ups:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Harrison Genealogy BBS ]

Copyright © 1998 Becky Bonner, 8209 Canna Lane, Oklahoma City, OK 73132