Charles W. Johnson, M.D.
8514 Rockmoor San Antonio, Texas 78230
© 1994 Charles W. Johnson, M.D.
Marriage Bonds of Bedford County, VA 1755-1800
Ogelsby p 22
- William Fowler, Jinney Ogelsby 12-11-1799 Jacob Ogelsby surety, consent of David Ogelsby, father of Jinney
- Richard Ogelsby, Mary Staples 2-1-1775, Thomas Ogelsby surety, Consent of Samuel Staples father of Mary
- Thomas Ogelsby, Martha Bradley 1-8-1773 James Martin surety, Consent of Wm. Bradley father of Martha
KEGLEY VIRGINIA FRONTIER
- p 315 DEED 5-25-1768 Andrew Harrison 70 a in S. Fork of Roanoke
- p 628 1774 volunteer Botetourt Capt. - Pauling - Andrew Harrison
- p 427 8-3-1771 James Peary Grant 92 a on Harrison Branch (of James River?)
- pp 421 Smiths. Col. John Smith had son Daniel m Jane Harrison of Linville Cr. and became prominent citizen
- p 64 2-12-1742 John Harrison (Jr.) grant 366 acres Lunieís .Mill Cr. (This was soon sold to James Lauderdale who sued Jr. to get deed 1749)
- p 158 John Harrison one of first settlers on s side of James called Fincastle community
- p 160 1749 James Lauderdale grant from John Harrison 366 acres (Fincastle Community_
- p 535 Capt. Neelyís Co. 1783 in vicinity of Great Lick & Peterís Creek
John Harrison Sr. 1 horse 2 cattle 0 slaves
John Harrison Jr. 2 4 0
(both John Sr. and Jr. of Long Grey Trail were dead prior to this time)
- p 75 Robert Renick farmer from John Harrison farmer 241 acres 11-27-1751
- p 438 Thomas Harrison 1783 6 horses 9 cattle 0 slaves, Capt. Cartmillís Co ( n side of James River between the great road and on Purgatory, that part of the Forks community that remained in Botetourt Co. after Rockbridge formed
- p 573 Thomas Harrison grant 100 a Cravens Creek adj. James Neely Jr. 1792 (note reference to p 353 above)
VA COLONIAL ABSTRACTS Vol. 34 1782-1820 Washington Co. VA Marriages
- 3 Sept 1791 William Harrison, Mary Wilson by Nicholas Reagan minister (Lutheran ? of - Saltville Dist. - uncertain)
- 19 Oct 1796 Jesse Wheeler, Chloe Harrison Andrew Baker Baptist
- 7 Feb 1792 James Wheeler, Fairleanah Harrison by Nicholas Reagan
- 21 Nov. 1797 William Asbury m Hannah Harrison by Nicholas Reagan
A SEEDBED OF THE REPUBLIC by Robert Douthat Stoner (Botetourt)
- p 64 Dunsmoreís War 10-16-1774 on Ohio River Capt. Russell, Col. Andrew Lewis, Capt. Shelby, Capt. HARRISON 150 troops from Bedford, Botetourt and Fincastle
- p 117 Taken from Preston Papers in Draper Collection (in Library) tried for misbehavior & treason - many including John Harrison 1780 (?) this was trial of Tories of Botetourt & Montgomery Counties - result ?
- p 124 Jonathan Harrison in Capt. Martinís Co. changed to 4th District (many more of interest - more Martins , Valentine Thrash of Capt. Barnettís Co. to 6th Dist. 1782
- p 128 (same list as above - many pages) Thomas Harrison in Capt. Cartmillís Co to be in 34th Dist. 1732
BRISTOL PARISH REGISTER (Goochland - also St. James of Goochland another Parish)
GOOCHLAND CO. VA WILLS AND DEEDS 1736-1742
- p 24 16 Feb. 1738 John Payne of St. James Parish Goochland Co. to Henry Cary of Dale Parish Henrico Co. 19/19/3 land where John Payne now liveth. Wit: Benjamin Harrison, Samíl Allen, Henry Beard. Signed John (I) Payne. Recorded 20 Feb. 1738
- p 25 Deed 31 Oct 1738 Wm. Moseley of St. James Parish to Benjamin Harrison of Same 13/19 400acres where said William now liveth. Wit: John Payne, Robert Rogers Jr., David Towne. Signed William Moseley Rec. 20 Feb 1738
- p 47 Wit. To deed Benjamin Harrison 1740 Brooks to Dobbs
- p 27 Benjamin Harrison wit. 1737 deed Parker to Crew
many more Payne references not yet checked.
Transcribed by Sue Countryman - many thanks to Sue!